Help With Multiplayer / Server Setup

AndyBooth

Hello guys. I hope somebody can help me. I'm having real problems getting onto multiplayer servers on DCS World Steam Edition.

I want to set up a really small server with a friend of mine who are both new to DCS World and just want to fly around and learn from one another's experiences however I just cannot setup a server on DCS World Steam Edition

I also have the ED DCS World installed on my pc and I have no problem creating a server however in DCS World Steam Edition (which has all my content), when I click on 'Create a Server' the IP is not filled in and I cannot fill in an IP address. Additionally, if my friend created the server I am unable to join that server. Nothing at all happens if I try to join his server that doesn't have a password and says password incorrect if my friend does set a password (upper/lower case setting is correct).

If I try to join an open multiplayer server nothing happens when I click the join button.

As I said, I don't have the problem if I'm on the ED DCS World Multiplayer and we are both able to create a server.

I guess it's something to do with the way steam is configured but I have no idea what to do.

Firewall is set up correctly and my router is also set up (I can create a server in ED DCS World so it must be set up correctly right?)

Please help guys, My friend and I have just bought the Heli pack and want to try learn how to fly those.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Hello, Welcome!

I don't use the Steam version, so I'm not much help. Do you have any other games that work ok on multiplayer on Steam? If your IP is configured correctly, it may be worth a post in the steam forum. Can your friend log onto your other comp. with standalone DCS on it? It sounds like a steam problem though.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would run Assetto Corsa servers no problem and yes, my friend could log onto my DCS server I was able to create on the ED DCS World.

I think you are correct that it's more likely a Steam issue but obviously it's worth asking you knowledgeable guys on this forum.

I have posted a question on Steam DCS but no reply as yet.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I've heard nothing from the Steam Community so at the moment I still can't join any online servers or host my own server.

Is there anybody out there that can help me.

Alternatively is there a solution to allow me to transfer my Steam Content to the Eagle Dynamics so I can use my content.

Surely there must be some way!

Andy

Guys,

I've heard nothing from the Steam Community so at the moment I still can't join any online servers or host my own server.

Is there anybody out there that can help me.

Alternatively is there a solution to allow me to transfer my Steam Content to the Eagle Dynamics so I can use my content.

Surely there must be some way!

Andy

You can open a support ticket here on ED website, and they transfer your steam licenses to your ED account. My friend has done this procedure one year ago, I think is not changed the procedure.

For the steam edition server problem I can't help, since I have personally used always the standalone one.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

The reason might have to do with dcs new account setup

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.