Low FPS on Touchdown

Deano87

Hey all.

This evening I've been flying around practicing some bad weather landings at normal airbases on the Caucasus map. I noticed something strange. During normal flying my FPS was absolutely acceptable (as per usual) and then I'd come in for a landing and my FPS would stay fine until the very moment I touched the ground. Then it would drop well below 45FPS (i'm in VR) and it would turn into stutter city for the rest of the landing rollout. I'd taxi back to the ramp, the FPS would still be terrible and so I'd sit there and rearm/refuel and over the corse of the next 3-5 mins the fps issue would correct itself. Id taxi out and get airborne in perfectly smooth 60+ FPS and it would stay that way until the next time I came back in for a landing where the whole process would repeat itself. Absolutely fine until the moment I touched my wheels on the runway.. then lots of stutters. I did some low approaches and low flybys over the airfield to make sure it wasn't a problem of being close to the airfield and my frame rate stayed fine during that but then I approached to land again and the same thing happen.. smoooth on approach up until the moment of wheels hitting the runway and then sttttttttutters..

Anyway. I'll see if I can replicate it tomorrow and narrow it down any more and get tracks/recordings if I have time.

Anybody else seen this?

D

Edits for more details:

Single Player, Caucasus Map, 8/10ths cloud at 700ft with 4000ft Fog, 1 aircraft in mission (me)

4790k @ 4.5, 16GB ram, GTX1080, Oculus Rift, DCS Open Beta

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I don’t know why this got moved to game performance... it was in the Hornet bugs section as it only effects me with the Hornet.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
19 hours ago, gorzasty said:

Any news here? It seems that this problem was abandoned...

correcting issues in your other post(s) with undoubtedly fix this issue. for best results you should always start your own topic as people will better be able to help you if they can stay focused. when one calls a helpdesk the technician is generally helping just the caller and not half a dozen others.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Yes I started my own thread, but I can see so many people have problems with VR and optimization that must be some global answer for this. An answer inside DCS I guess. So why not put it here for everybody?  I know there are many different configuration of hardware and software, but in many other titles everything works ok in VR. Here way superb machines is so so or unplayable.  

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2