Realistic HUD

Lixma 06

The real Ka-50 HUD is nowhere near as slick as ours....

TkgWrr5.gif

I realize this is an 80's video of a HUD rather than a direct feed but you can see the brightness is constantly variable and it seems to only update at something like 5 frames per second.

Would ED consider re-working the HUD to be more realistically lo-fi? Would people want it?

I don't think they'd waste their resources for this and probably they wouldn't go in that detail.

About brightness effect; I believe there are some factors such as HUD's fresh rate, camera's fresh rate, and the vibration that comes from the aircraft's frame.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

On the changing HUD brightness - As Devrim said, primarily it's the image strobing because of the slight difference in the refresh rates of the display and the HUD.

That's why the dimming is so regular - Every second the frame capture and Hud illumination match and the image is bright, then less so next frame until every other second they're out of phase and the image is dim.

Also - it's an old camera that will be adjusting the exposure automatically for the changes in brightness outside. that will make the constantly illuminated HUD appear to change brightness.

Cheers.