NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Your parents raised you wrong.

:megalol:

We got a free awesome plane (obviously with some understandable mishaps) and there's always that silly dude.:doh:

You're right about this guy, they should have raised the placenta!

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

To the community A-4 crew,

2. Attached are a couple of screenshots of the canopy texture artefacts as described previously by another user, for Alex to have a look at (running latest OB).

Many thanks and kind regards

Scotch

A lot of people report this bug on FB group. The worst effect is when you turn the aircraft right, it's all good while turning left. nVidia cards error? Anyone got a solution?

Edited by dmatt76

To the community A-4 crew,

Wow.... what a brilliant effort guys. I'm sure Gos is looking down and beaming with pride for what the team has accomplished. Well done!

A couple of things...

1. Is there a way of programming in preset TACAN frequencies (if enabled)?

2. Attached are a couple of screenshots of the canopy texture artefacts as described previously by another user, for Alex to have a look at (running latest OB).

Many thanks and kind regards

Scotch

Hello everyone, I also have this problem of glass textures. Is there a way to solve?

Great work, congratulations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU i7 7700K@4.5ghz * COOLER ARCTIC Freezer 13 CO * MB MSI Z270 Gaming M3 * RAM G.Skill 32GB DDR4-2400 DDR4 2400MHz * GPU Zotac GTX 1070Ti mini * SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB for S.O. * SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB for DCS * HDD 1TB WD Blue x2 * PSU Corsair CX650M * SO Windows 10 pro 64bit * TrackIR 5 * Saiteck x52 Pro

This is a Missing Texture Issue, Please attached DCS Logs, and if you can ModelViewer2 Logs.

Thanks Skate,

Please find attached the dcs log. I don't know where to find the ModelViewer2 Log.

I also noticed this only seems to happen when the canopy is down. When parked and the canopy is open, it all looks normal until you close the canopy again.

Regards

dcs_log.doc

229517355_OpenCanopyEd.jpg.5d296b3da4367966a6944d36ea87e261.jpg

1437771991_ClosedCanopyEd.jpg.6f61aae7cefd4a0fa9e8ed4a3380e56f.jpg

Edited by Scotch75
Added picture comparison

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

A-4E Installation

Hello , I have just downloaded the A-4E Skyhawk .

I am trying to Install into my C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Mods\aircraft .

There Is No Mods\aircraft Folder !!!

Where Should I place The Zip folder ?

Thank you ,

Mike

Just make a new \Mods\aircraft folder, and then unzip the downloaded A-4E package there. Also, since DCS Open Alpha has been deprecated for some time now, make sure to do all this in either C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta or C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS folder. Or both.

as noted, just make a ..\Mods\aircraft folder and place it in there. works great. (Make sure to unzip, and place the contents of that unzipped folder into it).

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Man this is outstanding. You guys really have done something special here. Boy does this baby turn. You guys should be more than proud of what you have done with this jet.

Um weapons, I think we have enough to choose from here... don't know where to start he he, will keep my busy for a while.

I think when these forums and others about DCS get the Nugget what module should I get to try out, or I want a trainer, we have a winner here. A person could really do well with the Skyhawk to get going.

I have been following the project for a couple years now and its amazing to see it finally available. I hope to check it out soon but wanted to say my congratulations to the whole team for all their hard work on this project and to openly contribute it as a community mod. Reminds me again why i have always liked the DCS Community so much.

I hope to see many adopt it and hope to see the development on it continue until it gets to a point where you guys are totally happy with it (within the confines of what you can do without the SDK).

Thanks guys you guys are all awesome..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

I finally had a chance to get some seat time. I love it. One thing I noticed is that the throttle in the cockpit doesn't move which makes it a little quirky to get started, but I can't complain. It's beautiful. And naturally, I had to go toe to toe with Maverick... (If you refuse Top Gun references, you shouldn't be simming!)

Screen_181119_105437.thumb.png.22756a3e3a47d1892a8cdfcda97ef277.png

Sorry, no cool signature here.

Love this airplane!

Thanks for all the hard work that made this airplane possible. Great job.

Anybody else having trouble getting the engine started? And bringing the electrics up? I checked the control bindings to make sure I was using the right commands, and I was. Weird. So I can't start on the ramp, but when I start on the runway with everything already up, it's great fun to fly.

The A-4 is just one of those airplanes that I've always wanted to fly -- and I'm sure I'm not the only DCS World denizen who can say that. Thanks again, guys.

Edited by Woxof
typo