Next Q&A?

NineLine

I have no idea who might be best qualified for answering my questions, so I'm not suggesting anyone specific; only someone qualified.

It would be IMHO very difficult to find a legitimate strategic plan from ED to actually represent a specific era. Of course the Normandy map, the WWII Assets Pack, and the current warbirds all fit generally into a specific era, but they are a drop in the ocean in regards to fleshing it out.

There have often been clamorings for a Vietnam era map, aircraft and assets, and the same for a Korean war map etc.

Personally I would regard WWII in a special light as the technological advancements made throughout the war have, in my opinion, not once before nor since then been matched in such a relatively short period of time, which leave us with not one era, but a huge timeline of development spanning from equipment already nearly, or actually outdated at the beginning of the war in Europe, to jet aircraft in series production at the end of the war.

My question is, does ED have any plans to ever realize such a project, actually represent a significant selection of aircraft and equipment of a specific era, whether a specific timeframe during WWII, the Korean War, or the Vietnam War?

Is there any kind of coordination with 3rd Parties to actually achieve such a goal?

If you've answered 'no' to either question, why not?

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 9 pages of questions I just don't get when, where or how the answers from DCS are coming?

Pretty much the main ones are still if the engine will be optimized to run on most people's PC's without months of special tweaking and severely lowered settings.

So is this thread actually going to produce any response from any DEVS, and when will this be please so I can check back in. I am very interested in most questions listed thus far.

I thank you all for your efforts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Allow me to jump on board of the train of folks asking about the near future of DCS as a framework: not specific modules, but improvements to the core of the game and/or new developments that are in the pipeline for the next few years.

I have no idea who would be the best person within ED to shed light on that. Chizh perhaps?

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• 1 month later...
Is there any plan about Soviet "final" propeller aircraft? Like La-11&La-9, they have many automatic controls, powerful guns and well performance in mid-low altitude, they are attractively.
+1

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mods for the disable

Eagle Dynamics would you please add mods that allow those with lower extremity disabilities to be able to fly with rudder coordinated flight in both fixed and rotary wing aircraft, please.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Eagle Dynamics would you please add mods that allow those with lower extremity disabilities to be able to fly with rudder coordinated flight in both fixed and rotary wing aircraft, please.
Did you try the TM T.16000M HOTAS throttle? Wags uses this one AFAIK. It has a lever in front of the throttle plus a twist axis on the stick. Though if I remember correct, Wags uses a TM Warthog stick along the T.16000M throttle... I am telling this as Matt Wagner uses a wheelchair himself, so maybe you PM him how exactly he has set up his gear.

Interview at E3 (watch @2:05)

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Is there any plan about Soviet "final" propeller aircraft? Like La-11&La-9, they have many automatic controls, powerful guns and well performance in mid-low altitude, they are attractively.

+1 The WW2 will not have success until they realize the Soviets must be there from the first days.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 weeks later...

Bundle without the SU

I am interested in purchasing the F-18 bundle.

I have the SU-33.

Note: the aircraft model is identical to the Flaming Cliffs 3 module. Owners of FC3 do not need to purchase.

How do I get a bundle price without the SU?

Since ED announced in the 5. October 2018 Weekend News letter, the FW 190 A-8 is being developed as a module, with "virtual wind tunnel data", it would be exciting to hear how that works, and what impact it might have on the development of other warbirds, and other a/c in general.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Since ED announced in the 5. October 2018 Weekend News letter, the FW 190 A-8 is being developed as a module, with "virtual wind tunnel data", it would be exciting to hear how that works, and what impact it might have on the development of other warbirds, and other a/c in general.

That's for the P-47

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

In the light of upcoming Moder Air Combat release, I would like to ask:

Most of the existing singleplayer campaigns in Flaming Cliffs 3 were broken by the later updates and are now unplayable. Is this planned to be fixed, or FC3 support will be abandoned with the release of MAC?

That's for the P-47

ahhh yes, right you are.

I'd still like to know a little bit about this.

I've worked on HPC-Clusters (installation/maintenance), which are typical for running such things as wind tunnel and weather simulations. I'm just curious to hear about this.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...