[DCS BUG] Cannot land on runways as aircraft will go subterranean

Leviathan667

When landing on land runways (tried Senaki in Georgia and Liwa in the UAE), the plane will go through the runway and sink into some subterranean sea, under the air base. See screenshot.

(note: the VSI/HSI are off because I ran out of fuel a second before I was supposed to touch down on the runway and it has nothing to do with the bug I'm experiencing as I did land without running out of fuel before with the same outcome)

I updated from 2.5.4.something to 2.5.5. 32299 (14th June) so I skipped the first 2.5.5something update.

Screen_190615_210859.thumb.png.608c3ee69b966ecb86f5d2d5df2ccfc3.png

Edited by IronMike

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

When landing on land runways (tried Senaki in Georgia and Liwa in the UAE), the plane will go through the runway and sink into some subterranean sea, under the air base. See screenshot.

(note: the VSI/HSI are off because I ran out of fuel a second before I was supposed to touch down on the runway and it has nothing to do with the bug I'm experiencing as I did land without running out of fuel before with the same outcome)

I updated from 2.5.4.something to 2.5.5. 32299 (14th June) so I skipped the first 2.5.5something update.

I've noticed some AI planes doing this recently and also air to air missiles that have run out of steam and are drifting to impact with the ground. They just seem to sink under and keep going...must be a by product of one of the last few patches.:huh:

Oh that's wild, the ocean is an absolute global surface under the land mesh.

So the land just "hovers" as a mesh plain at whatever the MSL height is. Meaning all interface with the ground is a collision interface. That explains some weird behavior.

Edited by RustBelt

I wonder does that water beneath ground surface take lots of resources too

:confused:

neglible

btw: My field landings are fine both on Caucasus and NTTR @latest beta.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I don't think this is a specific F-14 issue. This has happened to me in F-14B, F/A18C and A-10C after the 2.5.5 update.

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

I read in another thread that this issue was solved by deleting everything that has to do with the A-4 in the save game DCS folder. I tried this as well and it seems to have solved it for me.

System: MSI Z370 | i7 8700K | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 2080Ti | TM Warthog | Logitech Pro Rudder Pedals | Oculus Rift S

Modules: FC3 | UH-1H | SA342 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | F-5E | A-10C | M-2000C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-14 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-21 | MiG-19P | MiG-15 | F-16C | JF-17 | L-39 | Mi-8MTV2 | KA-50 | Christen Eagle II | Yak-52 | Bf 109 K-4 | NTTR | Normandie | Persian Gulf | The Channel

I read in another thread that this issue was solved by deleting everything that has to do with the A-4 in the save game DCS folder. I tried this as well and it seems to have solved it for me.

I have met the same problem.

Can you offer the solution link? Thanks.

I wonder does that water beneath ground surface take lots of resources too

:confused:

In pre 2.x it did, a lot. Water quality made tremendous differences in fps even if no water was rendered at all. But in 2.5 it's possible to crank up water quality even on a 970 without impact.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I have met the same problem.

Can you offer the solution link? Thanks.

The soultion is to remove the mods, especially the A-4.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately this is a DCS issue, known with other modules as well. IIRC it has already been reported in the general bug section, but you can always double check or add your report to existing threads, that would help. Thanks for reporting it though, even if known.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 8 months later...

I had the same problem with my Fw 190 D9 disappearing underneath the surface. Even plunging before take-off. I found that the problem was caused by the WW2 AIRCRAFT MODS, but to solve the problem, you don't have to delete the complete files, just deleting the FW190A4 and A5 folders solved the problem.

So I'm quite sure the problem is caused by common files used by a mod. (e.g. the A-4 causing the problem for planes using the same files)

Hope this can help some people.