AIM-9X (+HMD?) when? :)

D4n

As currently on PvP server F-16Cs Blk50 have a big advantage (in merge) over F-15Cs, when will AIM-9X be added for Eagle? :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Just forget about FC3 F-15C. I agree that whole FC3 is finished. I dont think they'd add more features into it other than bugfixes.

Lets hope for HiFi DCS F-15C with DL and AIM-9X.

This thread should be moved to wishlist thread IMO.

• Like 1

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Don't think so, maybe this thread here gets more attention to developers than if in the clustered wishlist section

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

As currently on PvP server F-16Cs Blk50 have a big advantage (in merge) over F-15Cs, when will AIM-9X be added for Eagle? :)

I fail to see how this should be a reason for an upgrade though..... :huh:

• Like 3

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Uhm, balancing reasons?? basically F-15 players have no chance vs F-16 after a merge.

The F-15C that is in FC3 is the old variant. It doesn't have many of the features that many finds as information from F-15C. So do not think even it would get a JHMS, as it would be like placing it to F-16A.

• Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Super funny thread, I'm punching subscribe and getting popcorn. So.. balancing pvp you say....and an added feature to FC3 will make you happy for all of the FC3 aircraft, or just the F-15? What about AIM-9X, you good to go without that or should we equip F-5's with 9x and HMCS too? What about Jeff? Maybe redesign the F-18C to have a redesigned HOTAS functionality to keep up with the F-16C, right?

• Like 4

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Might just be me, but the FC3 package is still very well balanced. F-15C has the advantage BVR with AIM-120 and better SA. But as the distance close the advantage goes towards the

Su-27/MiG-29 with HMS and R-73.

Hornet and Viper has offset this a fair bit with the 9X, but that can be resolved by restricting loadouts when creating a mission. In my opinion, the way to ”balance” a sim is done in mission editing, not by adding stuff and features to modules.

Uhm, balancing reasons??

:megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol::megalol:

But seriously though,

I want double rack AIM-120C's(x8 ) on my MiG-21Bis, with a TWS capable radar shoved in the nose. And a Jammer. And an SPO-15 RWR. We'll see who's laughing now!

No HMS though... have you give you yankees a chance :music_whistling:

the Viper should have none
you fail to plan... you plan to fail:book:
  • Like 2

Just forget about FC3 F-15C. I agree that whole FC3 is finished. I dont think they'd add more features into it other than bugfixes.

Lets hope for HiFi DCS F-15C with DL and AIM-9X.

What he said! ^^^

FC3 is sub-par to the other Advanced Flight Model aircraft. Get a real fighter and learn it well.

I would love to see the FC3 aircraft all upgraded to AFM capable fighters over the PFM basic.

• Like 1

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Uhm, balancing reasons?? basically F-15 players have no chance vs F-16 after a merge.

Balance eh? Well in that case:

If you want balance give everyone the same aircraft.

AND......i want a Photon torpedo launcher! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

What he said! ^^^

FC3 is sub-par to the other Advanced Flight Model aircraft. Get a real fighter and learn it well.

I would love to see the FC3 aircraft all upgraded to AFM capable fighters over the PFM basic.

I think you're confused. SFM < AFM < PFM. Only AFM aircraft are Su-25 (both) and A-10A. Everything else is PFM.

I think you mean ASM vs SSM. (advanced and simple system management respectively).

Yes?

I think you're confused. SFM < AFM < PFM. Only AFM aircraft are Su-25 (both) and A-10A. Everything else is PFM.

I think you mean ASM vs SSM. (advanced and simple system management respectively).

Yes?

Mostly :) There's also EFM (like PFM but from 3rd parties) and M in ASM/SSM stands for modeling.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/general/

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Super funny thread, I'm punching subscribe and getting popcorn. So.. balancing pvp you say....and an added feature to FC3 will make you happy for all of the FC3 aircraft, or just the F-15? What about AIM-9X, you good to go without that or should we equip F-5's with 9x and HMCS too? What about Jeff? Maybe redesign the F-18C to have a redesigned HOTAS functionality to keep up with the F-16C, right?

Only if there's a real F-5 version that can launch -9X (and has JHMCS too?)

How would a redesigned HOTAS help it to keep up with F-16?? Hornet is slightly newer, that's why I'd assume it to have even better HOTAS design than 16...

Only if there's a real F-5 version that can launch -9X (and has JHMCS too?)

How would a redesigned HOTAS help it to keep up with F-16?? Hornet is slightly newer, that's why I'd assume it to have even better HOTAS design than 16...

This is where you are going wrong....

"Only if there's a real F-5 version ..."

You have stated that a 1960's version of a fighter should have 2000's dated equipment mounted because it later happened.

You've applied this logic to "all versions of F-15", expecting that any technology on any F-15C block must be available in your FC3 aircraft from now, AND for all eternity into the future. So .. AESA radar is in scope all MLU's and upgrades should forever be maintained into FC3, because that would make it more "balanced".

This is an aircraft that stopped production in 1984.

And you want it retrofitted with JHMCS in a 15-20 year leap forward because you say "it can have it, so it should, because balancing".

So why did you not ask for AESA radar? It's the same logic right? And at least there's some docs on how many they upgraded.

As far as Hotas programming goes, Mover (who flew both) said on these forums that the Viper was his pick based on it's Hotas functionality being smoother and more complete with less "dashboard clicks" but you can begin to see it when comparing the DCS modules too, for yourself, the stick workflow is different and as an A-10C pilot I see where it's logic is going. So yes, newer different aircraft, different and in some cases not as good designs. Like all things.

And i'm not even getting into the balance question in a sim, which is by far and away the antithesis of everything that ED stands for, in that they want to simulate an exact airplane or weapon and there is no change that isnt based on data, but you've applied "balancing" in FC3, between completley different airplanes of different manufacturers and years in prodution, in the real world which are not balanced at all, they are vastly different. And against a non FC3 aircraft to boot...

This is why they call them "contempories" - same time period of world technology but different designs and approaches. There is nothing to balance in anything in DCS and the mere suggestion of balancing is not only terrible, it's suggesting we avoid realism as much as possible in order to get such a fragile notion started, of which there is no balancing to be had, no limits. PvP is never balanced, it's entire point is that you seek to gain as much advantage as possible and the first thing you do is bring more people!

• Like 4

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

This is where you are going wrong....

"Only if there's a real F-5 version ..."

Not wrong, I made a conditional statement that implies a question

AESA would take significant ED time in programming, while AIM-9X would be simple code copy-paste (and JHMCS probably aswell).

AESA would take significant ED time in programming, while AIM-9X would be simple code copy-paste (and JHMCS probably aswell).

DanielNL, you’re living in a fantasy land if you think the FC-3 F-15C will ever get 9X and JHMCS. DCS has never been about balance and it’s not going to start now. If you want balance then limit the weapons the F-16 can use so it doesn’t have HOBS missiles.

• Like 3

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

While we could safely file this under never gonna happen, it makes more sense as separate requests. For obvious reasons as FC3 we'd never get JHMCS, however the 9X alone makes some sense. More eagles actually got the 9X itself well ahead of any getting the JHMCS, as the missile is still an improvement without it. I'm pretty sure the initial testing was even done on the platform. In a sim which features the KA-50, which was never operationally employed, it doesn't seem like a far fetched request to get a missile. They gave the the F-15 older missiles that were added with new modules (AIM-7F/H, AIM9-P/P5), so the precedent for it is basically there.

There isn't any F-15 version (apart from F-15E I guess?) that has JHMCS or any HMD? o_o