Is there an updated beta version of Normandy map?

motoadve

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4143422&postcount=83

DCS Normandy 1944 map

Textures massive update for fields, cities and towns, villages, airfields

Added four new regions in France that includes:

- Cana district

- Quarantine estuary

- Coasts north of the Utah landing zone

- The Mont Saint-Michel area

Included six new airfields (The total number of airfields has been increased to 38 ):

- Argentan is a single-lane track

- Barville is a two-lane dirt track

- Essay is a single-lane grass track

- Goulet is a single-lane grass track

- Hauterive is a single-lane grass track

- Vrigny is a single-lane grass track

- Conches is a single-lane concrete track

Airfields have a significant increase in detail with many more objects.

Trees and forests have been updated to use SpeedTree, with 20 unique types of trees.

More detailed Atlantic Wall:

- Added costal anti-tank hedgehogs, barbed wire, etc.

- 8 zones were added that includes artillery batteries.

New, detailed scenery has been added that includes:

- Le Mont-Saint-Michel

- Jumièges Abbey

- Cathedral of Notre-Dame de Rouen

- Rouen-Rive-Droite Station

- More detail was also added objects in the original map

The vector data was significantly improved over 20,000 sq kms.

Additional bug fixes and performance optimizations.

Damage model in progress by ED initialy to WW2 and follow to other aircraft later.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4137929&postcount=229

The updated map looks really gorgeous - had great fun nearly hitting the sea as I admired the coast - Point du Hoc is really well modelled

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

The first 2 bullet points in the change log are Caen and the Carentan estuary

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Once I install the DCS beta , Normandy map will be there?

(I own Normandy already)

All your modules will be there, just as in the release version.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Included six new airfields (The total number of airfields has been increased to 38 ):

- Argentan is a single-lane track

- Barville is a two-lane dirt track

- Essay is a single-lane grass track

- Goulet is a single-lane grass track

- Hauterive is a single-lane grass track

- Vrigny is a single-lane grass track

- Conches is a single-lane concrete track

I wish to complain, that is seven!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Colors are better now, nice to see new tress also.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Runs MUCH better now. Stable frame rates with trees at max

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Thank you Ugra Media! Merry Christmas to you too!

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

been flying on the updated map for a few days now and still brings me as much pleasure as the first time I loaded it and saw the updated textures. This is a huge step towards a fully complete WW2 combat environment in DCS, something I have wished for a long time, so thank you

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Want to also express my appreciation! Its like a new experience now in VR, and performance with MS is incredible.

The modules are just so fantastic to fly when it is smooth performance wise, and it is so incredible looking in VR and it captures Normandy and WW2 so perfectly. Hard to put into words what I actually feel when flying ineffable almost, but it justifies the expense of my whole setup each time I take off!

I still find it hard to fly anything else, but when the wrinkles are ironed out, DCS WW2 will be unbeatable, because the core modules themselves are so above and beyond anything else on the market. Just seemingly little details that in truth make the difference between arcade and simulation, and make a huge difference in VR.

Jetseat support is also a massive plus!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,