The tutorial quality is bad

jfri

New to the 109 I have tried the interactive voiced tutorials. I encounter many issues and strange things

1) It's impossible to start the engine by following the instructions. There are two circuit breakers that need to be pressed which are not mentioned in the tutorial. :mad:

2) Radio communication does not make sense. Sometimes it is not possible to contact the ground crew.

For ATC we are told to set it to the triangle. But in the second tutorial it set to second position and ATC communication does work. If it is set to triangle it does not work.

Often ATC does not answer. I have not been able to finish the second tutorial since the further instructions are not triggered

New to the 109 I have tried the interactive voiced tutorials. I encounter many issues and strange things

1) It's impossible to start the engine by following the instructions. There are two circuit breakers that need to be pressed which are not mentioned in the tutorial. :mad:

Yes, sometimes the Tutorial missions are outdated, that's why I usually do the training but I refer also to the manual, so that I understand better the training instructions:

E6fooVf.jpg

2) Radio communication does not make sense. Sometimes it is not possible to contact the ground crew.

The crew cant hear us after we close the cockpit, so keep it open until you no longer need crew support.

Dont give up, this isnt called a "Study Sim" for nothing .. we do really need to study the plane. In addition to ED's manual, you may want to also refer to Chuck's Guide.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 4 months later...

For ATC we are told to set it to the triangle. But in the second tutorial it set to second position and ATC communication does work. If it is set to triangle it does not work.

Often ATC does not answer. I have not been able to finish the second tutorial since the further instructions are not triggered

Agreed. They need to delete the engine start tutorial. I hadn't flown the K4 for a long time. I needed a refresher but the tutorial doesn't even have you give power to the battery. These types of errors make it very hard for new people to get into this. They need to put more emphasis on these type tutorials since it's hard to access manuals in VR.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

Yes, sometimes the Tutorial missions are outdated, that's why I usually do the training but I refer also to the manual, so that I understand better the training instructions:

E6fooVf.jpg

The crew cant hear us after we close the cockpit, so keep it open until you no longer need crew support.

Dont give up, this isnt called a "Study Sim" for nothing .. we do really need to study the plane. In addition to ED's manual, you may want to also refer to Chuck's Guide.

Best regards

That's why I couldn't bring up the radio menu sometimes, thanks! How do you have the start-up procedure in your kneeboard by the way?

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

... How do you have the start-up procedure in your kneeboard by the way?

I use the kneeboard builder utility:

http://www.dcskneeboardbuilder.com/

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1.1 Bf 109 got small changes recently, some time ago bf 109 was spawning with battery and generator circuit ON and now bf 109 is spawning with those OFF.

1.2 Radio communication encounter small bug, you just need ask GC over and over until GC will response but it for sure is possible. Just don't give up quick.

Same thing With ATC, stuff in tutorials wasn't updated recently.Anyway ATC is so broken that i don't use it at all

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I use the kneeboard builder utility:

http://www.dcskneeboardbuilder.com/

:)

This is really nice, thanks!

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria