Community A-4E

Hi there,

With great interest I have watched instructional video on Skyhawk takeoff. I can honestly say that there is no module in the pipeline (DCS native or 3rd party) I am more excited about than this one.

At present, I am counting days to fly this scooter.

Thank you again for your immense efforts making this dream of many simmers a reality.

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

Great work! Will we be able to replace the girl's photo in the cockpit with our own ones?

Second that. Also Could we have a feature to replace our wife with the girl from the photo in the cockpit?

Kind regards,

Mimes

"Joined forum in 2004 but flying Flanker since 1995 :o)"

Second that. Also Could we have a feature to replace our wife with the girl from the photo in the cockpit?

sorry but some things are even beyond the most skilled coder

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

sorry but some things are even beyond the most skilled coder

Well, who knows what's in ED's SDK...?

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

Good A-4E book

I’m in the middle of reading a very good book about the A-4E and the Navy life that goes along with flying during Vietnam conflict.

Rampant Raider (Stephen Gray)

The first bit of the book is about flight training, with descriptions of flight schools, aircraft, etc. About halfway in the book Gray finds himself aboard the Bon Homme Richard and flying the A-4E. He does compare it to the C model, and currently I’m finding out about the AGM-45B and C missiles...

Just wanted to pass this on to everyone, books are not dead yet! This one is definitely a keeper...too few pictures, but well written with a good index and very entertaining.

I’m in the middle of reading a very good book about the A-4E and the Navy life that goes along with flying during Vietnam conflict.

Rampant Raider (Stephen Gray)

The first bit of the book is about flight training, with descriptions of flight schools, aircraft, etc. About halfway in the book Gray finds himself aboard the Bon Homme Richard and flying the A-4E. He does compare it to the C model, and currently I’m finding out about the AGM-45B and C missiles...

Just wanted to pass this on to everyone, books are not dead yet! This one is definitely a keeper...too few pictures, but well written with a good index and very entertaining.

Its my fav scooter book, recently re-read it

You sure can! We designed it to be as easy as possible. There is even a guide for centering the picture within the file itself!

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

In this case, an ejection seat in front of the monitor is highly recommended in order to escape from the wife's blastwave. :D

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Oh wait, I just realized what was actually written. I think my brain jumbled some things lmao

Happens 2 everyone... :megalol:

I really loved the candid honesty of you claiming we could swap our wives with the girl in the picture.

That would be one of those features that makes you sell a heck of alot of modules! :D

Community A-4E September 2018 Update

Hey all, we’ve got a short update this month on account of having nothing new of significance for you visually. But that’s a good thing, because it means we’re nearly done art-wise! In lieu of screenshots, please enjoy the first video in our instructional series on flying the A-4 in DCS!

Instructional Materials

Below are a few pieces of info to check out before you strap the A-4 “on” for the first time. Before launch, I hope to complete even more informative videos going forward.

A-4 NATOPS: While not all systems are modelled, this manual was our primary source material for building this mod and should be more than sufficient for operating the aircraft.

Startup Video: An introduction to the startup procedure and taking off in the A-4.

Carrier Landing Video: An overview of a Case I carrier landing in the A-4. An additional video covering both Takeoff and Landing will come soon.

Additional videos are in the pipeline, examining weapons use and the air to ground radar.

Important Clarifications and Disclaimers

Performance:

Unlike ED and 3rd Party produced aircraft, our aircraft has not been optimized in the model and texture area. I play on a GTX 780 and AMD 9590 CPU (8-Core, 4.70 Ghz) and notice a slight performance dip between ED cockpits and the A-4 on Medium settings. We’ve tried our best to avoid this; however it has been a challenge.

Bugs:

We’ve been working hard to manage bugs as we’ve gone along, however there are still some very challenging ones that may allude us post-release. Below is a list of known bugs originating from our bug tracking in Github.

• Cockpit Mirror material not working (Made a mirror color for now)
  • Interior red light switch frozen
  • Present position indicator on nav panel doesn't align the number wheels properly
  • Huffer isn't flush with the ground when aircraft is at rest (Being worked on, but presents a modelling challenge
  • Nav, Tail and Anti-collision lights bleed through the body

Release FAQ

Is it really free?

Yes, it’s really free. :thumbup:

When will it be released?

TBD, still targeting the end of October.

Where will the download be available?

Google Drive appears to be the method of choice for now. The files, which still need to be trimmed, currently sit at 803 MB unpacked in the mods folder with all of our liveries. We may explore dropbox instead; however Google drive currently serves us well in other capacities. A new forum thread includ9ing this info will be created upon release, as Gos holds permissions to this one.

Thanks to everybody involved, for your efforts and passion.

Everything looks absolutely beautifull, top quality!

An iconic aircraft and currently my most awaited "module".

The 'end of October' just can't come soon enough. :thumbup:

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

Can we get more videos and pictures of this graet project ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Hey all, I realized I posted this to reddit but not here too. As an effort to be transparent I'd like to give you all an update on the A-4 Mod videos I promised you. This week I encountered a still undiagnosed hardware failure that prohibits me from running 3D games for more than a few minutes. I was originally hoping to drop the Carrier Operations video tomorrow, however I don't believe I'll be able to finish anything until the beginning of next month. I think you'll all appreciate the next video, the first half of which was already filmed. I'll be taking the time between now and the diagnosis/part sourcing to lay out how I want to do the upcoming videos and get a much better script/graphics together. Fortunately I'm nearly done all of my work, so this shouldn't impact our release timeline. If there are any changes on that front, I'll be sure to mention in the October Update.

Now, onto some answers to questions!

Maybe some info on included skins?

Here's our list of confirmed US Military liveries:

USN VC-7 Tallyhoers

USN VA-55 Warhorses

USN VA-163 Saints

USN VA-195 Dambusters

USN TOPGUN Gray

USN TOPGUN Green

USMC VMA-121 Green Knights

USMC VMA-131 Diamondbacks

USMC VMA-211 Avengers

USMC VMA-311 Tomcats

USMC Pacific Missile Test Range

We have additional skins as well, but some may not release with the initial release. For our international lineup, we have Israel and Kuwait confirmed (I believe) with several others. The A-4 is also remarkably easy to paint and I think it should be quite easy for others to make skins for it as well.

Is there somewhere we can donate to the cause?

For legal reasons we cannot accept donations. We appreciate your kind words of support though!

Will we have access the livery templates to create skins?

I believe so. Our resident Michelangelo, Plusnine, likely knows the answer to this however.

Nice job and great work !

Cant wait to fly it.

The startup fill so short.

This is because the Mod capability or its like the real plan ?

Nope, short in real life too! There are likely a few steps I missed, such as lights and such, but for demonstration purposes it made more sense to stick with critical flight systems.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreadnaut View Post

Is there somewhere we can donate to the cause?

For legal reasons we cannot accept donations. We appreciate your kind words of support though!

Pay It Forward, to the best of one’s ability: Encourage, teach, and be a good role model.

USN VC-7 Tallyhoers

USN VA-55 Warhorses

USN VA-163 Saints

USN VA-195 Dambusters

USN TOPGUN Gray

USN TOPGUN Green

USMC VMA-211 Avengers

USMC VMA-311 Tomcats

We have additional skins as well, but some may not release with the initial release. For our international lineup, we have Israel and Kuwait confirmed (I believe) with several others. The A-4 is also remarkably easy to paint and I think it should be quite easy for others to make skins for it as well.

Nice list!! Thanks for the update!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

USN VC-7 Tallyhoers

USN VA-55 Warhorses

USN VA-163 Saints

USN VA-195 Dambusters

USN TOPGUN Gray

USN TOPGUN Green

USMC VMA-211 Avengers

USMC VMA-311 Tomcats

:thumbup:

great !!!

:thumbup:

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version