Economic method to try VR

The Falcon

To get something just to try - go to best buy and pick up a Rift S for the afternoon. Return if you aren't satisfied.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

See if there is a Microsoft store nearby. Those also have headsets and a decent return policy.

Outside of that, I don't know the locale.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

Hello. can you tell me which is the most economical way to test vr? I don't necessarily mean games. Don't answer me things like buy oculus on amazon then return it etc ... Thanks.

The most economical way to test VR would certainly be finding someone that has VR and let you try it out. That is the most economical way - and I did not even suggest you buy anything on Amazon.

Now if you want to expand further on what your interests regarding VR are it might help folks make suggestions.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Beware of consoles with the trying it out with someone who has it thing. Someone I know was trying to run PSVR on a non pro play-station and it was so crappy and sickness inducing he wrote off VR as completely unusable and sold it.

I successfully connected my PSVR to my pc using Trinus. Even though this didn't support 6dof and my pc at that time only gave me like 5fps, I was still blown away.

This experience was enough for me to save up some money and go all in. Bought all parts, build my pc and playseat, bought a 2nd hand cv1, installed DCS and I havn't touched any other game since.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

broadcast which city or area you live on these post, someone might let you try theirs. I would if you’re in my area after a quick background check anyways

Edited by Revs

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

Oculus go?

It's not the cost of the headset -- not around here anyway, you can spend more than that on a joystick -- it's the computer to run it. Least with Go you don't have to buy the computer, and you'll get some utility out of it.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

As others have stated just find a retailer that has demo units up and running. See if they would install DCS for you (free).

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).