@Devs...cant bomb targets as a pilot?

SmokeFan

If I would have known that I cant bomb targets in multiplayer without a Rio I would not have bought your product. Great module, just saying.

Yes you can. Use jester. Also, read the manual.:thumbup:

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

If I would have known that I cant bomb targets in multiplayer without a Rio I would not have bought your product. Great module, just saying.
Press “A" then let Jester prep bombs and modes and the best thing, let him enter a target WP from the map from a marker you put. You may need to press "A" twice to get to the base Jester menu...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I think he is probably talking about the LANTIRN pod. Yeah Jester can't use it yet, but he will be able to at some point between now and the end of early access. In the meantime use unguided weapons, the Tomcat is amazingly accurate even using simple dumb dombs.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I think he is probably talking about the LANTIRN pod. Yeah Jester can't use it yet, but he will be able to at some point between now and the end of early access. In the meantime use unguided weapons, the Tomcat is amazingly accurate even using simple dumb dombs.

If that's the case, then he should have know. It was discussed a bunch before release.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

If LANTIRN is his problem for now, here is the solution:

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

If that's the case, then he should have know. It was discussed a bunch before release.

Haven't you seen the threads since release?

The amont of questions About basic aircraft stuff (not talking about switcholigy) is staggering.

It's like the plane is an instant buy for people without them even knowing what the plane is...

To put it in a very very broad lines. The F-14 is the last 3rd gen fighter. It's not a 4th gen like people tend to think it is. (Being compared to the F-15 all the time). The fact that it even has a HUD and not a giro sight (like all it's peers) is amazing.

If LANTIRN is his problem for now, here is the solution:

Jabbers mentioned in the Heatblur discord that the functionality of this mod will not work in the future, so i wouldn't rely on it to be honest

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Hopefully, they will enable switching to the back seat in MP.

It will definitely no longer work, when the inputs are assigned to Jester AI, but for now, it is a good solution.

Shagrat

Jabbers mentioned in the Heatblur discord that the functionality of this mod will not work in the future, so i wouldn't rely on it to be honest

Thank god!!!

Hopefully, they will enable switching to the back seat in MP.

This is a technical limitation in the DCS engine which Heatblur can't do anything about. Switching seats midflight is not realistic anyways ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thank god!!!

This is a technical limitation in the DCS engine which Heatblur can't do anything about. Switching seats midflight is not realistic anyways ;)

Neither is using a mouse to flick switches, not feeling G-forces or in fact no movement at all, or flying without any kind of peripheral vision, hearing switches flicked in the rear cockpit through the helmet, etc., etc. etc.

Make these these as options, and let customers decide, how they enjoy their product the most. :)

Shagrat

Neither is using a mouse to flick switches, not feeling G-forces or in fact no movement at all, or flying without any kind of peripheral vision, hearing switches flicked in the rear cockpit through the helmet, etc., etc. etc.

Make these these as options, and let customers decide, how they enjoy their product the most. smile.gif

Sure and also give them the option to load laser cannons on their aircraft and let them decide to use them or not, especially in the MP environment... :doh:

Flying in MP without human Rio sounds odd as well. Isn't that the purpose of MP and multicrew?!

Yeah, I thought so too...

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Sure and also give them the option to load laser guns on their aircraft and let them decide to use them or not, especially in the MP environment... :doh:

His point is totally valid and you know it. You are just making a disproportionate hyperbole to make fun of it.

I think being able to go to your RIO seat (with all their huge limitations) when you dont have a friend online and loading laser or super weapons on your plane are totally different things.

Not long ago ED added a non realistic option to show JHMCS projection on both eyes ( not realistic at all ), as well as adding a not realistic TDC option to overcome hardware problems, this falls in a similar category.

Not long ago ED added a non realistic option to show JHMCS projection on both eyes ( not realistic at all ), as well as adding a not realistic TDC option to overcome hardware problems, this falls in a similar category.

I disagree. Switching to another cockpit containing a totally different set of functions midflight is on a whole other level than the other two options you mentioned (which I wouldn't mind being removed btw).

Tornado3 small.jpg

I disagree. Switching to another cockpit containing a totally different set of functions midflight is on a whole other level than the other two options you mentioned (which I wouldn't mind being removed btw).
We don't need to remove anything, like with the JHMCS a simple option, for people who love to suffer more/different difficulties than a real pilot, they can switch it off.

Normal people with a life, job or other interest, can switch it on...

Shagrat

We don't need to remove anything, like with the JHMCS a simple option, for people who love to suffer more/different difficulties than a real pilot, they can switch it off.

Normal people with a life, job or other interest, can switch it on...

I don't really see what the option to see the JHMCS on both eyes has to do with having a life or a job? :huh:

But anyways, before someone gets this wrong: I have no problem with this option, nor the Maverick TDC option being available in DCS, as they don't really make a difference in the end. I just said I wouldn't mind them being removed. That doesn't mean I want them being removed!

Now on the other hand being able to switch back and forth between cockpits midflight does make a big difference though! So I don't really understand the comparison.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Jabbers mentioned in the Heatblur discord that the functionality of this mod will not work in the future, so I wouldn't rely on it to be honest

Luckily we have Heatblur as our devs and they are perfectly sane and rational human beings so we can use this temporarily until they implement a way of jester using the TGP

Source:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Make these these as options, and let customers decide, how they enjoy their product the most. :)

Perfect! :clap_2:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

An early access product does not yet have every feature that the final product will! I demand my money back!

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

I don't really see what the option to see the JHMCS on both eyes has to do with having a life or a job? :huh:

But anyways, before someone gets this wrong: I have no problem with this option, nor the Maverick TDC option being available in DCS, as they don't really make a difference in the end. I just said I wouldn't mind them being removed. That doesn't mean I want them being removed!

Now on the other hand being able to switch back and forth between cockpits midflight does make a big difference though! So I don't really understand the comparison.

It is not necessary for you to understand other people's preference, desires or rational. It is enough to accept it. To have these things optional does cater both, hardcore, reasonable realistic or more casual gameplay, like advertised for DCS in general.

I understand both point of views, but not everyone is head to toe into Ultrareal simulation of a full-time job as a pilot and some people love to indulge every bit of realism they can get.

Shagrat

It is not necessary for you to understand other people's preference, desires or rational. It is enough to accept it. To have these things optional does cater both, hardcore, reasonable realistic or more casual gameplay, like advertised for DCS in general.

That's fine for SP. They can do whatever they want there, as it's not my business. In competetive MP environments though, I do care quite a lot about how other people set up their game, because I prefer all players to have similar restrictions and with DCS being a simulator I would expect those restrictions to be of the realistic type. Again, if people want to play around with unrealistic settings/abilities in SP, then that's fine, but not so much in MP.

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's fine for SP. They can do whatever they want there, as it's not my business. In competetive MP environments though, I do care quite a lot about how other people set their game up, because I prefer if all players have similar restrictions and withb DCS being a simulator I would expect those restrictions to be the realistic settings. Again, if people want to play around with unrealistic settings/abilities in SP, then that's fine, but not so much in MP.
There it should be up to the Server Owner/Mission Designer, to force options, like today.

Shagrat