Bombs release

Mich Mich

Hi Gents,

Was flying a bombing mission recently (CAS mission armed with 4 GBU-16, but no LTS pod, just AIM-7 and AIM-9 on both wing stations). Had the HUD set on A/G mod, with the "vertical cue" visible on the HUD. I'm also using the Virpil VFX stick on a TM Warthog base.

Can anyone tell me how to actually release my bombs?

Thank you

Hi Gents,

Was flying a bombing mission recently (CAS mission armed with 4 GBU-16, but no LTS pod, just AIM-7 and AIM-9 on both wing stations). Had the HUD set on A/G mod, with the "vertical cue" visible on the HUD. I'm also using the Virpil VFX stick on a TM Warthog base.

Can anyone tell me how to actually release my bombs?

Thank you

Make sure to tell Jester what type of air to ground munition you want. (Even if you only have one type.)

Test that your bindings are correct. They should be, but just to confirm, go to key bindings, press the red button on your stick (not trigger), and it should jump to "stores release" or whatever it's called. If not, rectify.

Thanks a lot guys, will try asap!

Btw, do any of you remember the name of that mission? From what I remember, it's not in the Caucasus map, since the mission is over a pretty much desertic area (there's also a KC135 near the sea front), with a bunch of high hills. Mission starts with a VF-11 bird if I recall, and we start with GBU16 x 4, AIM-9 x2 and AIM-7 x2 (+ a full load of 20mm)

Edited by Mich Mich

Watching the Devildog for PG map? Available both as full mission and Instant action. One of the best SP stuff I played.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Yup, pretty sure that's that one, Cas mission!

Decides to try straffing (without success) since I wasn't capable to effectively release any of my bombs...

Do the guys on the ground lase for me?

Play the Air-to-Ground training mission.

Tried last night.

Took off, then arrived over the first team (with the burning tank wreck). Been in a left orbit for a while, but nothing happened, surprisingly, where I straffed the other day... Maybe a bug?

I've veen hit further north, and lost my radar and steering, so I decided to RTB, and crashed on the deck...

Finally got it. But I have trouble to release those damn bombs...

HUD is set on AG

Jumped in the back seat and selected GBU-16

Told Jester to select Stations 3-6

Hit the ordnance release knob, nothing happens

Played with the attk mode knob several times, bomb go well in manual, but not in the other modes

Is there something I forgot to do?

Master Arm? Do you have ORD on the HUD? You don't need to do anything in Jester's seat. You just need him to select bombs. That's all.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Right, has to be on (top position). 1 and 2 keys change between seats. To select Jester menu item use Ctrl+item_number keybind.

Ok, restarted the mission just today. Successfully bombed 4 out of the 4 targets, and shot down the 2 choppers (loaded 2 AIM-54Cs instead of the AIM-7s). Problem, ran out of fuel ust after having dropped the last bomb (on the T-55). Tried to land engineless, successfully touched down... Just to hit an house near the road...

Well, I'd call it success for now ;)

Stay on orbit at FL250 whenever you can and easier on the throttle next time :thumbup:

Yup, saw this one numerous times... But always struggle with that damned KC135, since it's not regular, neither on speed nor altitude... I only managed to get to pre-contact once... In around 60 tries... Got to successfully trim my speed on the tanker's...

In the missions tanker is, unfortunately, always a 135...

But the Devildog mission is definitely a cool one! Will try to ease on the throttles (pilot is damn stupid when you're in the backseat btw, he crashed more than once! Went directly to the ground instead of getting higher after cat shot (went in the backseat about 30sec, once gears and flaps are up), to prepare the bombs so I don't have to mess with them during the mission) and when in CAS(was dealing with bombing setting)

Nope. Problem, in my case, comes when I ask him the weapon selection through the wheel. When I do this, I automatically land in the RIO seat. He can select the stations I ask for, but I just land in the RIO seat, dunno why