[NO BUG] Flight path Indicator on the HUD Issue F18C - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 03:55 AM   #11
Cueball

Quote:
Originally Posted by discwalker View Post
Currently you must set INS knob to NAV manually after auto start INS alignment: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=237364
I just finished testing this. Discwalker is correct the INS knob stayed in the CV setting after the auto start was complete. So I turned the knob to NAV and HUD and map switched to the proper headings. In an attempt to see if when the INS needed to be in NAV mode I turned it back to CV then launched from the carrier. This time the flight path indicator shot to the right and the heading were stuck at roughly 170 degrees which was the heading it switched to after turning it to NAV. I took off and switched it to NAV and it did nothing. Both heading and FPI were still stuck.

Next test determined that the INS knob MUST be switched to NAV before moving the aircraft. As soon as the auto-start was complete I switched the INS to NAV and left it alone. I launched and all was fine and working.

So lesson learned and thank you all for your feed back. Unless the devs change this in the auto-start feature remember this if cold starting the F-18C. TURN the INS to NAV prior to moving the plane. If you start the mission with a hot plane you will be fine.

RAMSAY: I don't have the TRACK files I looked for then and it was just 3 old ones from 2018.

Last edited by Cueball; 03-29-2019 at 03:57 AM.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:20 AM   #12
GeneralDynamics

I can confirm that setting the INS knob to NAV after AutoStart completes also resolved my issue. Thanks! If anyone is interested in seeing the behavior after taking off with the INS knob in the GND position, I added a track to my post on the previous page.
Win 10 x64 Pro, ASUS Maximus X Formula, i7-8700K @ 4.7 GHz, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 MHz, NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Cooler, Titan X Pascal GPU, EVGA Supernova 1000W P2 PSU, C: 1TB Samsung 960 Pro m.2 PCIe SSD, D: 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SATA SSD, HT Omega Claro PCIe 7.1 Sound, Denon AVR-1709 7.1 Receiver, 46" Sharp Aquos Quattron Main Screen, 27" Acer T272HL TouchScreen + Helios + Loz's SM 2.1 Profile, TrackIR 5, ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog, Crosswinds pedals

Last edited by GeneralDynamics; 03-29-2019 at 04:23 AM.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:51 PM   #13
Cueball

Yes it is the same for ground take off as well. I tested it after my last positing.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:24 PM   #14
Wolve03

Post (Possible Bug) - Compass stuck on take off, if starting cold and dark

F/A-18C, spawned cold and dark on the ground. Got the aircraft loaded, manual start, compass working during taxi. And then stuck as soon as I took off. This includes compass on the HUD, HSI, SA pages... all. HUD is also stuck in updating target boxes on the HUD. Same issue with the HMD. Uses the HUD heading as reference.

Tried again, 3 times with auto-start, and same results. Fully reproducible on my end, testing with a cold ground start. Both in MP and SP.

Started hot on the taxi way, works perfectly fine. Compass working through taxi to take off and beyond. couldn't test in combat due to time constraints

Does someone else also see this issue?

EDIT: v2.5.4.29079

Last edited by Wolve03; 03-29-2019 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 10:05 AM   #15
CYLON

I went from CV to NAV and then put and left it in IFA and was having this same issue. My pitch ladder was stuck to the left of my HUD throughout the whole flight. My SA page seemed broken as well, it wouldn't rotate to match my current heading either.
Old 04-02-2019, 08:15 PM   #16
fencible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolve03 View Post
F/A-18C, spawned cold and dark on the ground. Got the aircraft loaded, manual start, compass working during taxi. And then stuck as soon as I took off. This includes compass on the HUD, HSI, SA pages... all. HUD is also stuck in updating target boxes on the HUD. Same issue with the HMD. Uses the HUD heading as reference.

Tried again, 3 times with auto-start, and same results. Fully reproducible on my end, testing with a cold ground start. Both in MP and SP.

Started hot on the taxi way, works perfectly fine. Compass working through taxi to take off and beyond. couldn't test in combat due to time constraints

Does someone else also see this issue?

EDIT: v2.5.4.29079
Yes, this is happening to me after cold starts on the ground. My HUD velocity vector and compass tape freeze in the manner described by others in this thread. This happens every time now for me from cold starts (have not tried other types of start).
Old 04-03-2019, 11:39 PM   #17
MarkLazzo

Same here. Cold start, manual, taxi and take off with heading tape stucked in initial heading, HSI and SA page freezed as well. After awhile in the air it got back on track, right heading and support pages working fine.

I'll try to provide a trk file as soon as I'm able.

I also noticed that the INS countdown go a bit crazy, it accelerate during alignment and ends up finishing in about 15 secs or something.

Inviato dal mio Lenovo P2a42 utilizzando Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #18
Brute4ce

Default Heading Tape, HSI & SA compass freeze with INS setting IFA

I also noticed the Heading Tape, HSI & SA freeze when INS knob is set to IFA (which is what the training videos tell you to do ). It was working before.

Reporting version is Open Beta 2.5.5.33184.
Old 07-12-2019, 05:41 AM   #19
Tholozor

IFA is currently not hooked up while the INS simulation is being improved, leave it in NAV for now.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:34 AM   #20
Brute4ce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tholozor View Post
IFA is currently not hooked up while the INS simulation is being improved, leave it in NAV for now.
Thanks Tholozor! Will do.
Closed Thread