BFT12 Issues - Primarily Timing - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-12-2019, 01:18 AM   #21
Tiramisu

I should have read this thread before trying the mission, because I am having exactly the same bugs. My campaign should be up to date, since I installed it a few weeks ago.
It seems like in the practice mission the FE gets the timing right, but not in the real training mission. Maybe it is because he has problems to circle around waypoint three and then get to the next waypoints in time. For me he gets to waypoint 4 too early. Maybe it is some AI issue caused by ED or maybe it is caused by faulty triggers, but the FE clearly does his job wrong.
Tiramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:16 PM   #22
Sabre-TLA
3rd Party Campaign Creator

We will retest to see if anything has changed but the timings should be the same as in the practice mission (same triggers).

For this mission, if you are late on the join up then it will be hard for the AI to meet the waypoints on time. If you make a clean join or get to the rendezvous early then the AI will have time to make the waypoints as planned.

One possible alternative is to have the FE leave at the required time and if you are not joined up by the time he leaves then too bad - mission failure.
Sabre-TLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 09:38 PM   #23
Tiramisu

I took off very quickly and I arrived in waypoint 3 even before 6:30. Then I rejoined within a short time. So I do not think it was my fault. You should test this mission to see what really happens.

Anyway, after hitting the 13th waypoint the FE told me "Climb to pattern altitude and contact the tower to enter the landing pattern". I thought that for some reason I had to land instead of going to waypoint 15, but the FE was only making a very misleading call, which failed my mission. On the next try I made it to Kobuletti, but then the FE gave me a wrong description where to park. In the end I got stuck in some building and could not taxi any more. This lead to another frustrating fail of my mission.
Is it even worth completing this mission? It is not hard, but it lasts too long and the FE gives you misleading information.
Tiramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 07:41 PM   #24
atrcaptainjohn

I wish I had read this thread before I attempted the mission. I joined on the FE early, we circled about 4 times, made the push, and, me flying almost perfect trail, hit the first WP too early, and then he terminated because I was too high. I guess I will ignore flying formation once he has pushed.

One more thing, the DTOT for the WPs are not what is in the briefing. Are people changing them in the CDU before takeoff, or going with what loads with the mission?
atrcaptainjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 01:28 PM   #25
Gryzor

Please fix this last mission. I paid for a campaign to be usable, not for a bugged one.
Gryzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:03 AM   #26
Sabre-TLA

We were able to reproduce the issue and provided a fix for ED to include in the next update.

Both the practice and qualification missions were updated.

Fly a straight in approach to Kobuleti and park in the spot indicated in the briefing and the mission will complete successfully.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:57 AM   #27
Avarien

Hi Sabre,

This mission has many bugs for me, practice and check ride version. To name a few: once joined with circling FE, unable to catch him in the descent. At least one very abrupt deceleration by FE - unable to maintain trail spacing even when reacting immediately. Told to climb, rejoin pattern and contact tower once through the visual training route. Tower directed headed to fly, then given notification by FE of failure to make it to (unknown) wp in time. Continue to fly inbound heading from tower control. Eventually exit MOA inbound Batumi, busted by FE there (although following directions).

To me this looks like the AI aircraft behavior has changed significantly since this mission was first designed and possibly some triggers are broken as well (may or may not be related to AI behavior).

With the recent news letter about the A-10C II development, can I rest easy that this will be fixed with the new module, or should I just expect this to remain in it's current state?
Avarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 10:13 PM   #28
Sabre-TLA

Without a trk file it's hard to see how your flight went. For BFT12 both practice and the qual mission you are actually landing at Kobuleti not Batumi.

We are updating the campaign with new voice overs so we will see if we can improve the AI behavior with testing.

Unfortunately it's like trying to hit a moving target. When we get something working in one version the next patch update changes it.

We are not sure yet how the campaign will work with the new A-10C II module but we hope to port all our campaigns to it.