Unrealistic landing and emergency air system doesnt work. - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-07-2019, 02:06 PM   #41
bbrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbuster View Post
Not sure about the flap drag influence in that landing run distance story. At my shortest, I did a120 meters run (or so) without any flaps...
Motoradve used 90m, that's a 30% increase...
bbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:28 PM   #42
Woodbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrz View Post
Motoradve used 90m, that's a 30% increase...
Well, if he does it without flaps then it reinforces my impressions. The flaps drag does not enter (or very little) in our problematic.
Have you tried my settings?
Woodbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 02:32 PM   #43
bbrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbuster View Post
Well, if he does it without flaps then it reinforces my impressions.
Where did he write that he achieved the 90m without flaps?
I don't understand why you are testing without flaps at all since there aren't any performance data for this configuration available.
Don't know what to say if you think that the deceleration with and without flaps is identical….
Old 07-11-2019, 11:38 AM   #44
Woodbuster

Rewording:

According to my tests with our DCS Yak52.
- Of course flaps' drag do impact flight speed but I didn't notice significant direct effect during the landing run deceleration.
- Adjusting "Max brake moment" from this: 0.33 * 8000.0 to that: 0.02 * 8000.0 makes our DCS Yak52 braking capabilities closer to what the OP reported from his CJ6.
Old 07-17-2019, 01:06 AM   #45
X93355

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoadve View Post
I try short landings on taxiways and stop in 300ft, its like touch down and arrested by a hook in a carrier.
Impossible and unrealistic.

Tried closing the main tank, and running out of air by lowering and retracting flaps and gear, at the end ran out of air, the air pressure gauge still indicates I have air, so does not work.
Put lever in neutral, open the emergency tank, lower the gear, nothing, does not work.

I fly a real CJ6 Nanchang, same systems, and same landing roll as per the manual as the Yak 52. It cannot stop in 300ft ever.

This needs to be fixed, no ground effect whatsoever either.
Pretty disappointing.
I fly a YAK52 IRL and can 100% confirm you will never land a YAK52 in 300ft. Pumping the brakes is definitely the way we were taught.
Also, if you fail to retract the flaps on a touch and go, you really do notice the extra drag.
InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908
X93355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:07 AM   #46
bbrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by X93355 View Post
if you fail to retract the flaps on a touch and go, you really do notice the extra drag.
The question is, does the Yak still climb at 160km/h with the gear and flaps down, although only very shallow of course.
Pulling the throttle to idle in dirty config results in an almost Wilga like ROD. 10m/s.
In level flight with the gear down, retracing the flaps will increases the speed by more than 100km/h (no change in power setting).
Is that correct?

A bit OT, but when reducing the speed from 200km/h to 110km/h (Vst pwr on), with throttle and prop full forward, there's basically no change in rudder application required to keep the ball centered. Is that correct?

Thanx in advance

Last edited by bbrz; 07-18-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:12 AM   #47
Woodbuster

Quote:
Pumping the brakes is definitely the way we were taught.
Hello,
Stupid question: What would happens if, during landing, you'd fully press the brake without pumping ? Would it behave like a car brake does when it got air in lines ? Or would it damage something ?

Quote:
Also, if you fail to retract the flaps on a touch and go, you really do notice the extra drag.
I think this is not the case with our DCS' Yak. So this is something else to report I guess.

Thank you for the help.