F-14 Crashes, not going to report this to bugs

Cunning_Fox

I want the public to see this when they view your page.

Several months down from "release" version and F-14 is the only module that crashes. And I have all of the DCS modules, none of which crash for any reason on the same settings.

This is pathetic, move the "release" to EA and stop spending more on marketing that on basic coding.

Unplayable.

Several months down from "release" version and F-14 is the only module that crashes. And I have all of the DCS modules, none of which crash for any reason on the same settings.

This is pathetic, move the "release" to EA and stop spending more on marketing that on basic coding.

Unplayable.

Technically its in early access. It's not the "release" version I think.

Iv'e rarely had CTD's this last 2 patches. :huh:

I crash and everyone I know and play with crashes with the 14. It’s just not as frequently as it used to be. It’s only with the 14 too, other modules seem to be fine.

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

Maybe you should first troubleshoot if the problem is at your end before making posts like this? I had constant crashes also in the F-14 and I understand your frustration. After troubleshooting and reinstalling all my redistributables that fixed the problem for me. Maybe start with that?

Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X

AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 

G.Skill 32GB (2 x 16GB) Trident Z Neo DDR4 3600MHz

Maybe you should first troubleshoot if the problem is at your end before making posts like this? I had constant crashes also in the F-14 and I understand your frustration. After troubleshooting and reinstalling all my redistributables that fixed the problem for me. Maybe start with that?

you play MP or SP?

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

That is like publicly complaining that your parents won't buy you candy. Feel free to do it. Just don't expect a positive outcome.

In other news, there's a Bugs and Problems sub-forum for those who do want to help the devs find and solve problems.

Unplayable.

The only thing the public will see is that you didn't invest in reading what the devs have been sharing because if you did you'd discovered this is the EA release and not the ''Full release'' product.

I crash and everyone I know and play with crashes with the 14. It’s just not as frequently as it used to be. It’s only with the 14 too, other modules seem to be fine.

I think since release I've had 4 or 5 crashes in total but mind that I happen to just got a new system when the F14 Tomcat launched in EA and the DCS installation was clean.

Iv'e rarely had CTD's this last 2 patches. :huh:

I just had one 10min ago in the buddy spike Caucasus server.

linked to using jester.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

just had another one 5 minutes ago. same server... Buddy spike Caucasus. After I break away from formation.. CTD. really boring.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Unplayable.

On my side it is very playable. I have to say i experience barely any crash. As others have already said, maybe the problem is on your side then. With this post you want us to see what exactly? That HB is a filthy company and only takes your money without delivering and you help us to realize this? Please submit a proper bug report and everyone will be willing to help you that also you can enjoy it and i am sure HB is also interested in helping you.

I haven't had a single crash - and all I've been flying recently is the F-14 - which isn't to disagree with the OP, just reporting my experience.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

I’ve had the Tomcat crash maybe once in MP since release. And MP is all I fly in DCS. Very stable imo.

I haven't had a single crash - and all I've been flying recently is the F-14 - which isn't to disagree with the OP, just reporting my experience.

Several questions:

1. How often do you fly MP? I.e very frequently, or do you only get on DCS every now and then?

2. How long have you owned the 14? Had it since release?

3. What type of servers do you fly on? Heavy missions, or servers like the acrobatic server?

I’m asking because, there have been several major bugs related to Jester that caused everyone to crash. After these crashes were addressed, it’s been a little more stable. However, it still crashes more frequently than it should for me and the around 50 people I play with. It might be the servers that we play on? Like, there might be information overload on some of the servers causing a crash?

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

Several questions:

1. How often do you fly MP? I.e very frequently, or do you only get on DCS every now and then?

3. What type of servers do you fly on?

I’m asking because, there have been several major bugs related to Jester that caused everyone to crash. After these crashes were addressed, it’s been a little more stable. However, it still crashes more frequently than it should for me and the around 50 people I play with.

1. Almost daily for several hours

2. Since release.

3. Growling Sidewinder's Caucasus server, Aerobatics server, 104th Phoenix server, Hoggit GaW, Through The Inferno Caucasus.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crashes are quite limited and not really very widespread. Combinations of heavier performance impact, DCS stability, F-14 stability, and random luck of the draw hardware/driver/et al. wise yields frequent crashes on some systems. E.g.; there is not really a PAL crash. We did a distributed heavy load test across 30+ different clients/machines and could not reproduce. Yet- it's consistent for others.

We'll obviously work to eliminate all of the crashes emanating from the F-14, but a big stumbling block for us at present is that the ED protection system does not provide us with any crash logs (instead, the application simply quits ("disappears")). ED has been informed and is working on a solution.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Several questions:

3. What type of servers do you fly on? Heavy missions, or servers like the acrobatic server?

MP most days, for an hour or two

I've owned the F-14 for roughly three weeks

Never aerobatics, but I generally avoid servers with large numbers of players because I'm still at the learning stage with the F-14

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Of the come 25+ Tomcat drivers in our wing, I have not heard of anyone crashing in MP since the fix quite awhile back. These crashes, like Cobra has confirmed, seem to be a very small part of the community and are likely related to their unique setup.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

It's really hard to believe that these crashes are not widespread? as for the unique hardware/setup excuse - I think if you have all the other modules that don't crash and only one does.. logic should prevail.

A question I've asked in the CTD thread - Can anyone fly this plane with a human pilot and Rio and not have CTD problems on a regular basis?