F18 UFC DIY

KewinSawicki

• 4 weeks later...
This is an awesome idea. I am currently building a button box for some other items, but this one looks like a good idea too. My question is how are you mapping the buttons?

Hi bud. Once you have soldered the buttons and wires together and plug them into the circuit board it's done. It is then seen as a controller like any other so it's plug and play. You just go to map it like you would in DCS settings menu.

:)

'Fear the strike'

I just finished my UFC build and my pics are posted at the end of Brun’s thread. I also mounted my MFD’s to it. I added 3d printed MFD toppers and printed MFD bases to make a complete unit. I used two arduino based controller boards, one from Bodner and the other I made myself from a $10 arduino micro board. The comm buttons are coded to the arduino micro, and work really well, other than the fact the buttons push to activate rather than pull...

CB

I just went VR and am thinking of building the same solution . Any chance you could post or send the panel layout dimensions ?

I just started working on an MFD & UFC combo for use in VR. I'm using a 3 way toggle switch to apply modifiers so I can switch between left/right/center MFDs. It will be powered by a BBI-64. Just waiting on the hardware to arrive so I can start building.

jHXjuUv.jpg

The BBI is going to be detachable so I can swap it between any future button boxes I decide to make.

Genius !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2