VFX grip shipped!

RogueSqdn

is the locking bolt actually turning (what size of hex key are you using?)

Hi, see the pic:

yGfx4zw.jpg

Edited by Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Please check that you haven't cross-threaded that screw

Hi Thomasew, thank you so much for your help. Now the screw has fully engaged with the twist lock, and your´re right it´s into the hole by ~ 7mm.(see pic)

The way it is now is fine, but I noticed that it is not fully locked, if I twist my fist (If I apply a certain force) I still can move it , is that so?

Thanks!

rzsuYPz.jpg

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

Hi Thomasew, thank you so much for your help. Now the screw has fully engaged with the twist lock, and your´re right it´s into the hole by ~ 7mm.(see pic)

The way it is now is fine, but I noticed that it is not fully locked, if I twist my fist (If I apply a certain force) I still can move it , is that so?

Thanks!

Hi,

As Goblin correctly noted, .. it's not the Twist Lock that is turning, .. it's the mounting to the base that is turning.

.. try and tighten it if you can. Mine required quite a lot a lot of force to tighten it up.

I also thought at first, that the Twist Lock was rotating slightly, .. but, it wasn't. If you look at the pic I posted earlier, .. the set screw goes through both the inner and outer parts of the Twist Mechanism, ..

.. thus preventing any rotation of the outer part around the inner part.

.. so, not possible for it to twist .. :)

Not sure what Virpil did with the VFX mount assembly, but, I don't have the problem with my other Virpil grips, .. nor, the Thrustmaster grips, .. although the F-18 is not as good as the Warthog when it comes to tightening up the grip on the base.

I'd have much preferred that the Grip came without the Twist Mechanism, .. as I don't want it, .. don't need it, .. and will never use it. Although I do understand that some people want it.

However, .. the mechanism looks like it was probably one of the more costly items in the Grip, .. and now I have pay for something I didn't want, won't use, .. etc etc..

Virpil should have made 2 versions of the Grip, .. one with, .. and one without the Twist, .. and priced accordingly.

I hope that this is not going to be a trend with Virpil, .. as they introduce new Flight Sim grips into the market. :(

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Thomasew

He Who Will Not Risk Cannot Win

Dear friends,

Please help, I tried 50 times to get this VFX F14 grip working with my VPC WarBRD and no success. I followed these steps: Update firmware, close firmware, Save device profile, calibrate and save and load device profile. Axis work fine (X and Y Pitch&Roll only) but NO other axis or buttons work. I tried with the latest VPC Software 20190930 then the previous VPC Software 20190913 and the buttons still don´t work.

I fully inserted the cable to the base, I uninstalled the VPC Software, installed again, ran the Firmware update and nothing, I don´t know what else to do... :(

I thank you in advance for any input.

Edited by Hamilton

I placed my order in Early October and got a notification that it was delivered at work today. The actual shipping from Lithuania to California took only 4 days.

I'd say the production run is in full swing

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

• 2 months later...

I just got a VFX grip, and am having a similar problem with the set screw (the non twist was out of stock, boo). The set screw is very deep, as it should be as per the pics in this thread, but it's not catching the stick, and it still twists freely, without the point of the set grub screw making contact at all. It's not cross threaded, I'm using a very good driver, but if I push any harder/further it's going to strip it, or possibly break/crack the stick. It literally won't go any further, and it's not locking the twist.

Anyone know what size of set screw grub/whatever the silver/metal colored screw is, so I can try and find a longer one locally? From Virpil forums it looks like support is pretty busy/overwhelmed right now, and this will be a pretty low priority I'll bet, and I'd like to try and fix this myself. All I need is the M1/M2/whatever number for the set screw, and I'll order/find one myself that is longer and will work (hopefully).

Edit - fixed this, thought I'd post my experience in case anyone else has a similar issue as me and the other in this thread. There is two cylinder sections this set screw most go through to lock the stick. What happened with mine is that they weren't lined up quite perfectly, so the set screw would stop/get stuck prior to the tip hitting the metal/black cylinder part it needed to in order to lock. I took the stick apart to see what has happening, re assembled it, and just wiggled the stick left/right about 1/2 a MM or so (twist action movement basically) while gently backing off/moving forward the set screw until it started moving through the 2nd cylinder, and driving about another 2 or 3mm further than where it got stuck for me at first. Then it locked up perfectly as it should. If anyone else here at DCS has a similar problem in the future, PM me as I have vid/pics of what happened with mine which will help, including disassembly/etc of the stick. Now it's locked, what a great F14 stick this is.

Edited by Gman109

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1