Exterior lights are to dim - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-17-2019, 05:42 AM   #31
Tinkickef

IIRC from my studies getting my ICC to skipper my now ex boat anywhere in the world, COLREGS had a nav light specification for all vessels.

Since aircraft nav light colours and viewable angles exactly copy marine lights, it would be pretty easy to allow that the viewing distances spec would be the same.

So the reds and greens and white stern light.... I recall smaller vessels less than 50 metres but above 10 metres, had to display lights that were clearly discernable and colour divisible at a distance of two miles.

Larger commercial boats three miles.

Anti collision light - masthead light on a boat. Smaller vessel three miles, larger vessel six miles.

Long time since I had to study that but I think it is correct.

Since aircraft are well above the horizon at six miles, it may be that the lights may need to be brighter. No.point having bright lights on a boat if they are below the horizon.
System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Last edited by Tinkickef; 10-17-2019 at 05:49 AM.
Tinkickef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:08 AM   #32
River

Needs to be fixed asap
River is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brightness, collition lights, nav lights, night