[ALL MODULES][SP/CO-OP] Liberation Dynamic Campaign

On further investigation it may be a bug? I’ve tried various campaigns and on each one I get a Culling Exclusion Zone appearing somewhere (either on one of there airbases or one of mine) well behind the front line. Doesn’t seem to have anything to do with what’s spawned at the airbase. In my latest campaign attempt on PG I got one around one of my empty airbases.

is this supposed to happen, seems a bit odd, and certainly can make culling almost pointless in some scenarios.

How have I only just discovered Liberation?  I had heard it mentioned in passing in a few places, but naively assumed it was some server based MP thing (I know it can be).  I never realised it can be used to generate SP offline missions in a coherent campaign.  Tried it for the first time last night flying one of the basic Caucasus scenarios as part of a DEAD package of Vipers.  Compared to my home made missions, the coordination of the other ATOs and packages made the whole thing feel so much more real, as though I was genuinely part of something larger, rather than a one-man-air force vs the world.

I would like to say a huge thanks to the developers.  This would be an essential purchase for me if it was a paid module, but as something offered for free then I am even more appreciative.  If the DCS dynamic campaign engine is as good as this then I don't think there will be much complaining.

Thanks again, especially for offering low-unit scenarios as an option too, as many of the commercial, scripted campaigns I've tried are so unit-heavy they are unplayable on my modest system.

• Like 2

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

On 7/30/2021 at 10:35 AM, Airbarba said:

Rafale Mod still not in 4.0.0 Liberation?

How can I have it there,

can i just add French Pack to faction file from previous Liberation version?

Thx

Sure thing,big thx to developers,its great to have all this options in Liberation,keep up good work guys!

Also any news of Rafale Mod to be added in french pack faction??Thx

• Like 1

Dear partners. I would like to ask you a question, how can I go about assigning myself as a pilot in a mission that I create, say for example to attack a production building, and the program tells me that even though if it lets me create the mission, it tells me that There are no pilots assigned, unassigned, and it tells me that the mission can be carried out but by the AI. Thanks

So I've been using Liberation for ages but for some reason today when I launched 4.1.1 the map screen in the center was blank.  Tried reinstalling 4.1.1, creating a new campaign, and even rolling back to 4.1.0 and nothing works.  It launches fine but the map in the center display won't show up.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Two quick questions. Apologies if they've been answered before but I can't find the info.

1. When started in the air, AI Hornet flights always try to land ashore even though I set their arrival at "CVN-74 John C. Stennis." Could have something to do with using super carrier so there is no Stennis in the mission? Any ideas?

2. Are there any best practices to keep carrier launched flights from bumping into each other and getting stuck or destroyed on deck? 

Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon RX 5600 XT

Hi, the release notes for version 4.1.1 states that there should be support for Marianas map but I cannot find an scenarios for that map... Am I doing something wrong?

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

On 8/15/2021 at 1:08 AM, San Patricio said:

So I've been using Liberation for ages but for some reason today when I launched 4.1.1 the map screen in the center was blank.  Tried reinstalling 4.1.1, creating a new campaign, and even rolling back to 4.1.0 and nothing works.  It launches fine but the map in the center display won't show up.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Here the same. Any ideas?

Greetings Hottie

20 hours ago, LordOrion said:

Hi, the release notes for version 4.1.1 states that there should be support for Marianas map but I cannot find an scenarios for that map... Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Guys.  I came here with the same question.  I don't see the Islands as an option in the available maps with creating a new file.  I have the map downloaded, and it works outside of Liberation.  Do I need a Mod or something else to be able to create a mission for it?  Thanks for any feedback.

5 hours ago, Crotchety Cricket said:

Hi Guys.  I came here with the same question.  I don't see the Islands as an option in the available maps with creating a new file.  I have the map downloaded, and it works outside of Liberation.  Do I need a Mod or something else to be able to create a mission for it?  Thanks for any feedback.

Someone needs to create a campagin. I saw someone started working on it on discord.

Here where people are adding community campagins: https://github.com/dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation/wiki/Community-campaigns

Cheers,

4 hours ago, Agrrregat said:

Someone needs to create a campagin. I saw someone started working on it on discord.

Here where people are adding community campagins: https://github.com/dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation/wiki/Community-campaigns

Cheers,

Oh OK. Thanks for that! I had no idea there were community campaigns like that, that’s great.

Fly safe!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 1:08 AM, San Patricio said:

I have had the same problem and I solved the issue.

DCS Liberation load the map from the internet. My PiHole DNS-Blocker denied the access to unpkg.com. So the map was not loaded.
I set the Url to the whitelist and now it is working.

Greetings Hottie

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I love Liberation, whatever I try, performance is extremely awful. In fact, to the point that it's unplayable...

I can imagine this has everything to do with the massive amount of units, but I find it hard to believe I'm the only one with this issue, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong here. I mean, I also play online from time to time, on very crowded servers with lots of units (maybe even more that in Liberation). For instance the 4YA servers. And they all run smooth as butter.

Today I thought I'd start a new Liberation campaign, for me to play with the Hind. My idea was that for chopper ops, I could make better use of the culling option to increase performance.

Here's what I tried:

• Started the Syria Golan Height Campaign
  • Culling set to 70km (I assume this means everything outside 70km radius from my starting point, will be removed, right?)
  • Use culling on carrier group
  • No artillery
  • No infantry units
  • No carcasses
  • Battleground smoke set at 2000

But still, even with culling set to 70km, I have massive stutters and an awful/unplayable framerate.

Any ideas?

(my system specs in my signature. But again, I can play on very crowded servers without any performance issues, so why is Liberation that much worse?)

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask the developers two questions:

- to generate a campaign by binding all friendly and enemy planes in factions to use only specific payloads, do I have to change the payloads in the customized_payload folder?

- can Liberation choose between different payloads defined for the same task ( unitPayloads.A-10A.payloads [2] .name ["CAS"], unitPayloads.A-10A.payloads [2] .name ["CAS A"] ) to automatically generate missions?

I hope the questions are clear (google translator 🙂 )

• 2 weeks later...

is liberation 4.1.1 broke now with the new dcs 2.7.6.12852 open beta? latest update.  my players on my dcs dedicated server are now reporting that my liberation mission have AI that are flying backwards and upside down and stuttering and moon walking lol  and it also been crashing my dcs dedicated server when running liberation application and or mission.  Also I am using a custom dcs setup, linux/wine/custom factions/custom template, but I tested briefing room missions and custom made mission editor mission they are all ok and dcs server is stable no crashing when hosting those missions. And it was not doing this before this dcs update.  So anyone else having these issues on there dcs server is there a build that compatible with this new update or any hacks to liberation mission to fix, tried re saving in misson editor did not help and I am not really wanting to switch to normal dcs build server if possible, way too much work if its still a issue on the  none open beta also.  

ok guess it was a mod maybe tacview or srs was too much for network and server and was causing it or somthing else so issue was resolved.  

Edited by battlegear2099

On 9/6/2021 at 11:53 AM, sirrah said:

As much as I love Liberation, whatever I try, performance is extremely awful. In fact, to the point that it's unplayable...

I can imagine this has everything to do with the massive amount of units, but I find it hard to believe I'm the only one with this issue, so perhaps I'm doing something wrong here. I mean, I also play online from time to time, on very crowded servers with lots of units (maybe even more that in Liberation). For instance the 4YA servers. And they all run smooth as butter.

Today I thought I'd start a new Liberation campaign, for me to play with the Hind. My idea was that for chopper ops, I could make better use of the culling option to increase performance.

Here's what I tried:

• Started the Syria Golan Height Campaign
  • Culling set to 70km (I assume this means everything outside 70km radius from my starting point, will be removed, right?)
  • Use culling on carrier group
  • No artillery
  • No infantry units
  • No carcasses
  • Battleground smoke set at 2000

But still, even with culling set to 70km, I have massive stutters and an awful/unplayable framerate.

Any ideas?

(my system specs in my signature. But again, I can play on very crowded servers without any performance issues, so why is Liberation that much worse?)

I'm also interested in a competent reply, however: I'm afraid you can't count on servers' performance as a comparison because in that case it's not your machine doing the heavy lifting.

My question for everyone: how's the WWII part in Liberation?

Edited by Picchio

1 hour ago, Picchio said:

I'm also interested in a competent reply, however: I'm afraid you can't count on servers' performance as a comparison because in that case it's not your machine doing the heavy lifting.

I would try and lower your total units in mission editor as a test to see liberation  is generating too many units and overloading your system , as I have a smaller dedicated server and found most of campign templates were just too big for mine server with over 1000+ units even with fog of war and everything culled and turned off, still too much.  so I modified a template and made my own and now I have total units of 430 and my lag issues are allot less for smaller players  running on laptops and no lag for desktops. hope that helps  I am using my own factions and my own custom campaign template to control the generating of total units and is working way better than any default settings. 

Reducing budget and the Income Multipliers helped me a lot. https://github-wiki-see.page/m/dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation/wiki/Performance-Options

Edited by claw
  • Thanks 1