Aircraft random respawn

Hello :helpsmilie:

I made a little mission with 3 units of aircraft. At mission start only one aircraft is alive. After aircraft kill an other random aircraft spawns in random position and the loop starts again.

It works perfect so far, but when I try this with groups instead of units it doesn't work.

Do you have an idea how I can get it works?

jet random spawn.miz

Hop this help

I looked at your mission and figured out that you wished some naval kills your target so it respawn indefinitly.

I did not know if you would have like a group of 2, 4 or more so i just put 1 unit at a time.

I understood you wished for a wide range of model so i put 4 template that the script choose from on every spawn.

the code i put in the trigger section is directly modifiable in ME. You can copy the small script and past it in a notepad. It will be more readable...

If you load Moose, do so in a MISSION START trigger. Using a Once trigger for the framework will eventually cause some mistaken results.

Happy mission making!

jet random spawnv2.miz

Science is the method by which we learned that in few billions years we won't have need for science.

P. Gazaille

@pgazaille thank you for your script :thumbup:

meanwhile I started to make my own Lua-files with moose. After a week is was easy do build the mission I wanted

It should be an air to air combat mission, with 3 areasand different skills.

- easy jet area

- medium jet area

- hard jet area

In each area should spawn three kinds of planes (eg. F5, Mig21, F4)and starts circling in the spawnarea. But only two planes of them. After shoot down or 10 min flying they should respawn.

MAD_EG14_Air_to_Air_Training.miz

Edited by Maddog_aut
Map added

Happy to see you have fun programming!

BTW there is an excellent AI Combat air patrol class in MOOSE that would help with your scenario.

Science is the method by which we learned that in few billions years we won't have need for science.

P. Gazaille