VoiceAttack with or without Viacom?

VoiceAttack with or without Viacom?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. VoiceAttack with or without Viacom?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A

I'm reinstating my computers software including DCS. I’m wanting to know the best or most used ways of setting up several of the 3rd party software in this case VoiceAttack. I’m wondering which way is the best way to use VoiceAttack. If Viacom isn’t needed then I’ll go that route. If not no biggie I own both already from my first time around. I had trouble with the intial installation and it hardly worked. I’ll make my own commands as for some items I would need to do that anyway.

Edited by BlacleyCole

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Vaicom is the way to go with using voice attack for DCS, there isn’t a better voice attack profile for DCS!

Vaicom pro is very wel;

• supported (updates & future content)

• integrated with DCS & SRS

• documented (install & use guide)

All radio’s (including f10 multiplayer mission menu’s) are really 100% controlled by your voice and a press of the PTT button on your HOTAS like IRL! No fumbling with F keys to dig in the radio menu any more. And you can even include existing VA profiles into his profile, so if you created one yourself you can add/integrate the whole profile to the Vaicom profile.

And above that, if you have the F14B Tomcat then the AIRO Add on is a must for a menu and hands free chat with your RIO Jester..... in fact if you have the F14B Tomcat, i suggest to just buy the “PROMOTION BUNDLE” for just €14,95 and have the whole package!

• PRO plugin license

• Chatter extension (pure for immersion)

• AIRIO extension

its worth every penny!

And if you have problems Hollywood_315 (creator) is a very nice & helpfull guy and very active on the support thread here on the forum itself.

Once you get the hang of it, you couldn’t do without it!

Edited by Bottle-RUM

Intel® Core™ i7-6900K Processor (watercooled) - Asus ROG Rampage V Edition 10 (watercooled) motherbord - 8 x 8Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3333Mhz RAM (watercooled) - 2 x ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING (watercooled)

- Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Logitech G910 Orion Spark - Asus PG348 34'' LCD screen - Razor Tiamat 7.1 - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Replica USAF A-10C - TrackIR 5 - Pro Flight Cessna Rudder Pedals - VAICOM 2.5 PRO

What a lot of people don't do, and why their Vaicom experience then sucks, is not training Windows to learn how certain terms sound like when you speak them. You don't just train the words in the Vaicom configuration menu but you must do it on Windows first and then Vaicom on top of it and you'll soon have no problems with it when it comes to recognizing your words. It can take some time but it's a one time spending per Windows install.

The chatter theme expansion is also a nice add-on which adds to the immersion.

15 to 20€ one time payment really is not a lot of money.

I own a licence for VAICOM. It's nice. Works most of the time.

But would I purchase it again for my use case? Well, Yes... but... :smartass:

Let me explain:

I fly 99% multiplayer. My interaction with AI is fairly limited. SO out of the 500 commands, I use maybe 10.

• Tanker
  • Tower
  • AWACS

I assume I would be able to setup Voice Attack fairly easy to use those uses and would be happy.

VAICOM just saves me the 1h setup time. But this time is spend to get VAICOM running. So well ;)

If you plan to talk a lot to the AI, go right ahead. Nothing better out there.

If you fly a lot of Multiplayer and SRS, you might wanna think about how you talk to VAICOM. Will you assign new PTT for VAICOM so you never transmit on SRS? Will you use the OnePTT Version and let VAICOM automaticly select the Radio Channel?

Or are you just transmitting your commands on the net? This can increase immersion, but the voice commands would have to be relearned so it fits the propper brevity of the group you fly with.

There are new SRS and DCS VoiceChat integration in the newest version, but I'm not sure yet if they really tackle the problem of SRS and VAICOM.

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Here’s the big thing with VAICOM: it doesn’t just listen to your voice and then press the proper function keys in sequence. It integrates with he import/export functionality of DCS to skip the comms menu entirely and even allows use of in-mission callsigns, airfields, etc. If easy comms are used, saying “sukhumi inbound for landing” will also change your radio frequency to Sukhumi.

For single player it really is a paradigm change.