TM TPR Issues

Guppy

I have not had the experience you describe. Unless I remove the TPR rudder pedals from the TARGET profile entirely they are seen by TARGET as a TM product and are captured by the program. They will show in PC devices as a separate device, but DCS will not see them as a controller at all and that is the issue.

I've tried Exclusion and Filtering in the profile, and neither has given me the results I desire.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

I think I had this, my break peddles were set as the default s curve, I set them to slider, with 100 saturation, which seemed to work for me I had to manually assign the axis JOY_Y and JOY_X (from memory) to the left and right wheel brake (i'm not using target)

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

I think I had this, my break peddles were set as the default s curve, I set them to slider, with 100 saturation, which seemed to work for me I had to manually assign the axis JOY_Y and JOY_X (from memory) to the left and right wheel brake (i'm not using target)

Yeah,

If your not using TARGET, then you're not creating a "Virtual Controller". The "Virtual Controller",for lack of a better word, is a container for all TM devices(minus the racing bs). DCS will see the "Virtual Controller", not the pedals. If you don't modify the target.tmh, then you will have to map the pedals through the "Virtual Controller". That robs you of 3 axis. I prefer to get what I paid for. If I own 10 axis, then I want my 10 axis.

I tried a filtered TARGET configuration, but it did not give me the result I wanted. DCS saw the pedals, but would not allow me to assign axis.

p.s.

I recently got a set of MFDs. I didn't actually want to create a keyboard map for all those buttons, so I edited out the right MFD from the target.tmh, and DCS auto assigns it to the right MFD in the A10C. Leaves me free to do some multiple key assignments on the MFD through TARGET.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

I have not had the experience you describe. Unless I remove the TPR rudder pedals from the TARGET profile entirely they are seen by TARGET as a TM product and are captured by the program. They will show in PC devices as a separate device, but DCS will not see them as a controller at all and that is the issue.

I've tried Exclusion and Filtering in the profile, and neither has given me the results I desire.

Yes, I leave them completely out of the Target profile. When doing that in DCS the HOTAS will be a virtual device and the pedals are seen as a separate controller. I gave up on trying to make them all work in Target because I failed to do so unless I dropped an axis on the HOTAS. Doing that gave me the pedals but I didn't want to give up the axis so instead pulled the pedals out of the profile. Once I did that all I had to do is the usual delete all axes in DCS and then set them to match the assignments in Target for the HOTAS and the pedals can be press set.

• 1 month later...

Thank you Guppy - that worked for me!

I figured it out Panther - your direction helped with a bit of research on my end. Please find my write-up. I also sent it off to Thrustmaster incase anyone else gets stupidly excited like me and goes rogue.

BEHAVIOR:

When pressing down the break pedals, games and windows only register 50-100% of the axis movement even though the full range is being applied on the physical pedal itself. This causes games to incorrectly register the axis @ 50% all the time unless pressed. Then it cycles from 50 to 100%.

LIKELY CAUSE:

Using Windows default calibration software (Game Controllers) to calibrate the pedals prior to downloading and installing:

1) Drivers from TM website (Package Drivers - Hotas Warthog - 2018_TMHW_1 + Firmware) and

2) Calibration utility (T.RJ12 USB ADAPTER_Calibration tool (v1.11))

Additional detail:

When I initially setup these pedals I immediately plugged them into windows and calibrated there. I tried a game, noticed I had issues... then I went to your website and downloaded #1 and #2 above. I did not follow the printed instructions in your booklet - i went rogue.

HOW TO RESOLVE:

a) Launch the Package Drivers installation software. This will uninstall the TPR Pedals and their associated applications.

b) reboot your PC

c) Launch Windows calibration software (Game Controllers)

d) click on TPR Pedals from the list, click properties, Settings tab, Click Reset to default

e) reboot PC

f) Install #1 and #2 above

g) FIXED

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

If the user has not downloaded and installed #1 and #2 above, but are having issues with axis movements because they only used the windows calibration software (game controllers). Instruct user to follow steps c) through g) above. Essentially they need to wipe their current calibration in windows and start with the drivers/calibration utility.

I have tested this multiple times and have been able to reproduce every single time.

Had the same problem, this fixed it perfectly, thanks!

• 4 months later...
I figured it out Panther - your direction helped with a bit of research on my end. Please find my write-up. I also sent it off to Thrustmaster incase anyone else gets stupidly excited like me and goes rogue.

BEHAVIOR:

When pressing down the break pedals, games and windows only register 50-100% of the axis movement even though the full range is being applied on the physical pedal itself. This causes games to incorrectly register the axis @ 50% all the time unless pressed. Then it cycles from 50 to 100%.

LIKELY CAUSE:

Using Windows default calibration software (Game Controllers) to calibrate the pedals prior to downloading and installing:

1) Drivers from TM website (Package Drivers - Hotas Warthog - 2018_TMHW_1 + Firmware) and

2) Calibration utility (T.RJ12 USB ADAPTER_Calibration tool (v1.11))

Additional detail:

When I initially setup these pedals I immediately plugged them into windows and calibrated there. I tried a game, noticed I had issues... then I went to your website and downloaded #1 and #2 above. I did not follow the printed instructions in your booklet - i went rogue.

HOW TO RESOLVE:

a) Launch the Package Drivers installation software. This will uninstall the TPR Pedals and their associated applications.

b) reboot your PC

c) Launch Windows calibration software (Game Controllers)

d) click on TPR Pedals from the list, click properties, Settings tab, Click Reset to default

e) reboot PC

f) Install #1 and #2 above

g) FIXED

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

If the user has not downloaded and installed #1 and #2 above, but are having issues with axis movements because they only used the windows calibration software (game controllers). Instruct user to follow steps c) through g) above. Essentially they need to wipe their current calibration in windows and start with the drivers/calibration utility.

I have tested this multiple times and have been able to reproduce every single time.

Thanks Guppy, perfect fix. Can't tell you how much time spent trying to figure this out. Thank you for posting!

• 10 months later...
Looking into Purchasing the TPRs. Does anyone know if TM has resolved the issue with linkage with the braking mechanism breaking.

I read about this issue exactly one time. AFAIK this was a single occurence when the pedals launched.

Everybody I know who purchased the TPR (including me) are perfectly happy with them and never had any issues (high expectation considering the price ;)).

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

• 2 months later...

Regarding Thrustmaster TPR pedals......

I was away for about a month and tonight was practicing landings when I discovered I had no rudder or nosewheel steering. My year old TPRs are suddenly not recognized in DCS when I check the control panel.

Then I discovered they are not recognized AT ALL by my machine. I removed the TPR soft & driver and tried reinstall...NO JOY. My computer, with no significant changes or upgrades, suddenly can't recognize the hardware when plugged in. TM HOTAS and everything else is fine.

Any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreciated...had my heart set on returning to DCS following my recovery for a hip replacement.

Please....:helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Check the connection in the back, maybe the cable is disconnected, or maybe try a different cable. It’s the standard printer cable (USB A to B) style.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Do you see the TPR in the Device Manager? If not, do you have a yellow warning sign with a unknown device?

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

@Panther & Gruman....got it sorted, cable and connection was fine, something went FUBAR with drivers. Had to tear out ALL my TM stuff and got it right on the 3rd re-install ! :cry:

Quite frustrating but back in the air with rudder N/A steering and wheelbrakes. :pilotfly:

Thanks for your suggestions and attention....that's why I love this community. Pretty damn boring here in Shanghai without my wings to keep me out of the bar!:cry:

Cheers, regards...fly safe

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC