Open Conflict - Server Information

Mirknir

Thanks allot. Can't wait to get back on the map and see what Skynet has for us.

I usually wait for the update to be pushed on the steam client andthe web client to update the server.

As a rule of thumb, it always better to wait for a post here before updating

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I usually wait for the update to be pushed on the steam client andthe web client to update the server.

As a rule of thumb, it always better to wait for a post here before updating

I never even thought of waiting to update. It's so easy now since it pops right up in your face when start the program.

Also, just sent a small token of appreciation for what you do to keep the server up and running. Thank you.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

I never even thought of waiting to update. It's so easy now since it pops right up in your face when start the program.

Also, just sent a small token of appreciation for what you do to keep the server up and running. Thank you.

Thanks for the support! Still working on the new scripts...

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I am installing the stable release now in the hopes this will get me back online. The server list has been very small compared to what it has been recently. Would have been nice if we were informed that this update would break server compatibility. But I guess that's the joy of open beta.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

I am installing the stable release now in the hopes this will get me back online. The server list has been very small compared to what it has been recently. Would have been nice if we were informed that this update would break server compatibility. But I guess that's the joy of open beta.

Yea and there is also the problem that steam client is updated way after the web client for some reasons.

I will post here each time the server is going to or updating.

I know it's tempting, but don't click the popups until then :lol:

To cover all the players, I am running on steam on my personnal/dev computer and web client on the server computer.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

But isn't the steam and standalone version updated by now? ...

Why won't the update work then? Have you tried forcing the update by running the DCS updater with the update command through the windows command prompt like shown in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

I'm sure you already have but I'm just poking around in the dark here, I'm starved on my OC addiction... :D

EDIT: Oh ok, I'll downgrade again for how, it's 481MB, but OC again, so worth it!

Edited by Anna

But isn't the steam and standalone version updated by now? ...

Why won't the update work then? Have you tried forcing the update by running the DCS updater with the update command through the windows command prompt like shown in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

I'm sure you already have but I'm just poking around in the dark here, I'm starved on my OC addiction... :D

Nope, steam official version hasn't been updated yet.

The server is still full of players so it's not a problem of my steam.

I don't know why updates and sometimes new modules are super long to come to steam, I guess it's a question for ED.

Maybe they use the web client for more experiments.

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

I find flying on your server I have a lot of lag, so much so that I can't fly there. With the exception of the 104th server, I don't have the same problem on other servers.

Can you tell me what the issue is.

Thank you.

You might wanna check this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2673771#post2673771

Also, the briefing has a section for performance.

I am also working on the scripting side to decrease the amount of work server side.

I hope this will help

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Mirknir, can you please disable the F5 view on your server please. I love realy much flying on your server, the only thing i don't like is the F5 view. It's some kind of cheating imo.

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

Thanks Mirknir that was a great article. Actually I never had this problem online using v.1.2 only v.1.5, however I can't remember if I ever flew on your particular server in v.1.2.

I must say that regardless of whether I'm getting stutter or lag, if my flying experience has stutter/lag in quantity the way I do on your server, I simply can't enjoy the flying experience. The 104th has the same issue so don't feel alone.

As a result I need to choose other servers more graphic card friendly.

When I fly offline there is no stutter/lag at all and the flying experience is excellent, after all that is the most important quality and the reason we fly DCS. I understand there is a give and take with the flying experience online.

Did you ever think of making your missions more flight quality orientated by leaving out some of the eye candy in order to achieve better performance for the average computer to enjoy it?

Edited by fitness88

Thanks Mirknir that was a great article. Actually I never had this problem online using v.1.2 only v.1.5, however I can't remember if I ever flew on your particular server in v.1.2.

I must say that regardless of whether I'm getting stutter or lag, if my flying experience has stutter/lag in quantity the way I do on your server, I simply can't enjoy the flying experience. The 104th has the same issue so don't feel alone.

As a result I need to choose other servers more graphic card friendly.

When I fly offline there is no stutter/lag at all and the flying experience is excellent, after all that is the most important quality and the reason we fly DCS. I understand there is a give and take with the flying experience online.

Did you ever think of making your missions more flight quality orientated by leaving out some of the eye candy in order to achieve better performance for the average computer to enjoy it?

If you read the release notes I put out, most of the changes has been toward better performance.

I don't know what you mean by "eye candy" but the number of objectives, AI units and model types have been only decreasing since I started to host in 1.5.

I've also programmed script to avoid adding 100 sams to protected the home bases.

I don't think you will find an AI units that is here for "eye candy".

Everything has a purpose.

Besides that, the biggest models to load are planes that are brought by players, not AIs.

Stuff that can influence performance but I don't want to change by design: external camera and seeing allies on F10 map.

I am currently rewriting some scripts to do more with the same amount of resources and I've opened the server for donation to try to upgrade the hardware.

But still, DCS requires a big computer and what I can do for this is limited.

I, myself, am playing the game with medium texture :)

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Steam has been updated, server will soon be upgraded to the new version

DCS is where I purchased my software, could this be affecting compatibility with Steam?

Also, what would be considered an acceptable ping?

Thanks for the info.

As for the eye candy comment I made, I was referring to land/air/sea objects in abundance which you as the mission builder would know about. Also I can see if a lot of pilots are allowed to import customized planes how that would be heavy on graphics.

Edited by fitness88

DCS is where I purchased my software, could this be affecting compatibility with Steam?

No, you just need the same version as the server. You should be fine.

Also, what would be considered an acceptable ping?

Server is on the Canadian east coast so it depends on where you live.

A lot of server will kick you when you have more then 300ms ping so it seems like the acceptable limit :)

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread

Wow, I never knew about this F5 cheat. I can certainly agree that it needs to go. But I do not want to lose all external views. Sometimes it's nice to go into F2 mode and marvel at the beauty that is DCS World. I hope a compromise can be reached.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Wow, I never knew about this F5 cheat. I can certainly agree that it needs to go. But I do not want to lose all external views. Sometimes it's nice to go into F2 mode and marvel at the beauty that is DCS World. I hope a compromise can be reached.

F5 doesn't affect the F2 view, you can disable F5 but still have F2 view ;)

Asus Z97-PRO | Intel i7-4790K @ 4.00Ghz | beQuite! PowerZone 650W | Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB | Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti | Creative E-MU 1616m | Samsung SSD 840 Evo Basic - 1TB | Win10 |

TM Hotas Cougar w. U2nxt + hall sensors | VPC ACE-1 Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro

Great to hear! Can't wait to sign on tomorrow... maybe with a new 4k monitor!!

DCS in 4K is stunning, if you have the power to run it. My 4790K and SLI 970's are decent enough. Now we just need proper SLI support from ED/Nvidia. Hence my post above making sure F2 would still be available. :)

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

DCS is running in 4k even with single gtx970 with stable 60fps offline, online it can get down to 34 fps. SLI isn't active in DCS anyway at the moment. But if you like flashing clouds and extremly dark cockpit shadows, you can enable sli for dcs in nvidia inspector.