OpenBeta Mission Editor AI Radio comms

anfieldroad

Hi,

I have been tearing my hair out trying to get a mission with radio comms happening using the Advanced Waypoint commands to set frequency and to transmit message as well as setting triggered actions.

I have both blue and red aggressor teams taking off from Nellis (blue as player F-5E is blue and without that the F8 ground crew menu won't work).

Here is what I did:

On Red aggressor AI flight waypoint 0 Set advanced waypoint 0:

1) Added command to Set Frequency to 327000 (Nellis Tower)

2) Added command to Transmit message requesting clearance as if talking to clearance delivery.

Stop transmission with a radio sound and subtitles

3) Added command to Stop Transmission

None of the above seemed to happen, no transmission occurred.

Another thing I tried:

1) Set up trigger zone near hold short point

2) Created Set Frequency 327000 triggerable action

3) Created Transmit Message to tower requesting takeoff

4) Set up run once trigger action on entering hold short point to execute actions above.

That did not run either.

What am I doing wrong here?

Originally I set up message to all to transmit these messages at the appropriate times which works but is not realistic since you should not hear tower comms once you are tuned elsewhere. I thought this should be straightforward but seems nothing in DCS mission editor works as it should. I am willing to bet I am doing it right and this is yet another bugf*cked feature in DCS.

I've also been desperately trying to set up a run once at mission start trigger on 10 seconds to run a do script action with an event handler to turn on a flag when a hit occurs. That doesn't work either.

Do you have a sound file attached to the transmit message command? It doesn't run without an audio file.

If you're not wanting to use sound files but just use text then you can set a trigger based on the radio settings, this varies for each aircraft but a search online should find it. For example the hornet uses COMM1_FREQ (or COMM2_FREQ) under the cockpit parameters condition.

Hi ChillNG, as I said in my post:

"with a radio sound and subtitles" :smilewink:

I used just a radio sound sample to get attention to the fact a message had been transmitted.

None of it works though

Do you have a sound file attached to the transmit message command? It doesn't run without an audio file.

If you're not wanting to use sound files but just use text then you can set a trigger based on the radio settings, this varies for each aircraft but a search online should find it. For example the hornet uses COMM1_FREQ (or COMM2_FREQ) under the cockpit parameters condition.

:music_whistling: Fair enough...think I missed that bit.

You said you were Blue side and transmission was by Red unit, I don't know if units can transmit between sides, never had reason to try it...but stands to reason with encryption etc that Blue and Red can't hear each other?

I would also not bother with the stop transmission command, I would only use that if looping the sound file. I'm only guessing here bit it reads like you have added both the transmit message and stop transmission to WP0 advanced actions?

If you did need to use stop transmission then instead set it as a triggered action and then use AI TASK PUSH (action under triggers) to activate it when you want....possible it's causing a conflict being under WP0 as well?

Tried AI task push method also. I will test a blue unit transmitting and see if I receive it.

The good news is my hit event handler works now that I realised that the template I based my mission on includes MOOSE and that changes how event handlers work.