Sound update? any news?

ak22

I am really enjoying it the F/A-18 trail but i can't stand the sound of the plane.... it sounds like a vacuum cleaner is behind me.... will they be updating the sounds? or have they already done that?

:cry:

Edited by ak22

The sound of the Hornet are just fine....

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Passing on the entire module because the sound is accurate and you don't like it? Seeing the things that people complain about on these forums is almost more entertaining than playing the actual sim.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Passing on the entire module because the sound is accurate and you don't like it? Seeing the things that people complain about on these forums is almost more entertaining than playing the actual sim.

There's a whole spectrum of external engine sounds missing at Idle-low RPMs . Can't call that accurate, can you?

There's a whole spectrum of external engine sounds missing at Idle-low RPMs . Can't call that accurate, can you?
I wasn't aware of that. I was only referring to the fact that the in cockpit sounds seem pretty close when comparing them to audio from real life in cockpit videos. I can't speak for external sounds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

If if don't like the sound im not going to spend hours flying the plane the module is great and the tutorials are done very well, I just made the post to see if their was any plans on a sound update as im not going to purchase a plane where i can't stand the sound.

Edited by ak22

If if don't like the sound im not going to spend hours flying the plane the module is great and the tutorials are done very well, I just made the post to see if their was any plans on a sound update as im not going to purchase a plane where i can't stand the sound.
Fair enough. To be honest I probably shouldn't have commented like that. I apologize, stress is high. I would imagine if they are going to tweak the sounds it wouldn't be until closer to the end of early access since there are still a load of system and weapon updates to come.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fair enough. To be honest I probably shouldn't have commented like that. I apologize, stress is high. I would imagine if they are going to tweak the sounds it wouldn't be until closer to the end of early access since there are still a load of system and weapon updates to come.

No problem I'm almost tempered to turn the sound down and fly it lol , hope you have a good stress free weekend

I myself love the sound of the Hornet.

Horses for Courses...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 4 months later...

FA18C_Noise.rar

Quieter static noise in the cockpit.

(turn off the vacuum cleaner)

INSTALL:

After unpacking this file, you can place the "Sounds" folder into the saved games folder.

C:\Users\<LOGIN>\Saved Games\DCS.beta\

(file path:

C:\Users\<LOGIN>\Saved Games\DCS.beta\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\FA-18\Cockpit\ECS_In.sdef)

in file:

wave = "Effects/Aircrafts/FA-18/Cockpit/ECS_In"

inner_radius = 1

outer_radius = 10

release = 1.5

gain = 0.04 -- the volume can be adjusted here (original level: 0.44)

FA18C_Noise.rar

I’ve said this before, but ED nailed the interior sounds. Exterior is pretty accurate, but could use a few enhancements to achieve perfection. That said, if you don’t like the interior soundset, you wouldn’t like being in the real jet either...it’s that accurate. And no, we cannot hear the engines or afterburners from the cockpit over that whining ECS noise.

^^^ Plus one. I built a few Hornet sims for the Navy, this sim sounds are pretty damn accurate.

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

What sound settings do you have checked and what do you have your sound sliders set to?

For example I have "hear like in helmet" checked, and the cockpit and helmet sliders down pretty low, and when I get in the aircraft I turn the AC/Defogger or whatever slider back to reduce the sound a little as well.

Play around with these and you might get the sound more to your liking.

That vacuum cleaner sound you hear is pretty much just the ECS (Environment Control System, think Air Conditioning but a bit more advanced). Like others said, if you turn down the defog handle below the right wall it'll reduce some of that noise.

You can also check "Loud Cockpit Afterburner Sound" in the sound option to give the point where you're hitting the burners a lot more oomph.

Straight from today's newsletter:

F/A-18C Hornet updates

• The engine has received a sound update (WIP)

• Major external sounds update

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

As a self-proclaimed audiophile, the F-18 sounds could be better, but they're also pretty damned good, compared to that in-cockpit display footage. It's gotta be a difficult thing for a sound engineer to master all the sounds, given that he's probably never flown an F-18 before... <shrug> Looking forward to the update.

As a self-proclaimed audiophile, the F-18 sounds could be better, but they're also pretty damned good, compared to that in-cockpit display footage. It's gotta be a difficult thing for a sound engineer to master all the sounds, given that he's probably never flown an F-18 before... <shrug> Looking forward to the update.
Funny thing is, to please most people the sound engineer should try to mimic YouTube footage around, even though that highly depends on the recording device and is distorsioned by vibrations depending on the placement of the camera. Only RL pilot knows how it sounds, and those will be the minority playing DCS xd.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk