ka 50 locking target

zoranin73

What was your range and the weather like? Got a mission file or track?

The Shkval tracking range is artificially limited to about 12km. Clouds, rain/snow, fog and time of day will reduce this limit further. There is a Shkval filter setting to adjust for different weather conditions, but in DCS it does nothing.

There is nothing you can do about it except getting closer or tracking the target manually.

ED, Nineline, whoever ... it's been almost 10 years now. Don't you think it's about time to acknowledge the Shkval's shortcomings and do something about it?

The Shkval system is not realistic, it is imitating its features but as whole real contrast detection system doesn't exist in the DCS, you can't have anything else than a few modifiers for the ranges and situations when you can get a lock.

It is almost too much effort to list how it should really work, but it is just easier to say that it doesn't work like a real system would.

Soon there is to be coming a "Black Shark 3" upgrade that likely has same price as A-10C II does, so for existing users in first month a 9,99 price and then 19,99 and for new buyers a 79,99 price. I would recommend to wait until that.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.