[INVESTIGATING] How to use tgp and hud TD Box

CBenson89

Can someone please list out the new steps doe moving around the TGP and slaving the aircraft td box to where my TGP is looking? I’ve never had problems before and now when I get a point track on a target the aircraft doesn’t realize it and I can’t get weapons release parameters. Thank you all for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by CBenson89

What I'm doing is this:

1. Enter A-G mode
  2. Select waypoint near the target area with DED increment switch
  3. Open SMS page and enter CCRP mode
  4. Open TGP page
  5. DMS down to make TGP SOI
  6. TMS down slaves the TGP to the steerpoint. This is different than the behavior before patch 2.5.6.53756, which if I'm not mistaken made the TGP slave to the HUD TDC.
  7. TMS right changes the mode in some way that allows you to slew. My slew controls do nothing if I press TMS down and it stays stuck to the steerpoint.
  8. Complete your weapon delivery as normal. Make sure your laser is armed if using GBU-12 and use trigger stage 1 to fire the laser. We now have a TTI in the lower right -- hurray!

[NEED TRACK REPLAY]TGP and HUD TD box not aligned

Hi all

Has anyone noticed a Viper TGP anomaly after last update? MFD shows cross right on TGT while the HUD tgt marker is off by 10m or so...The bombs hit the tgts alright but the td box on the HUD is off...

SB11

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

TGP Update frustrations

Can someone smarter than me tell me what the purpose of the latest update to the TGP was? I can’t use the TGP to generate a system target any more. I can’t use it to look at a point and say I want to CCRP that target without preprogramming it and I can’t boresight it. Is this something they’re going to fix in the future? If I’m an idiot and you can still do all that stuff that’s fair I just can’t find any guidance on how to do it since the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Benson

I agree with U, it has changed:

When U press TMS dwn, it Zeroes to the steerpoint, and most of the time it gets stuck in this place, no corsor movement. Sinply press TMS up or rgt and it will change to Point track or Area track and then you will be able to move around no problem.

Cheers, Saca111

Adding some info...

I've been doing some trials, and what is apparently wrong is the up/down movement of the Hud TDC box. Azimuth looks ok (more or less). It's like the correclation factor between distance and up/down in the HUD is not correct. I had the hope, after reading the changelog that this bug was corrected, but to my dispointment it's not. Nevermind, the update is quite significant and I apreciate the upgrade. Thanks again and keep on doing good stuff!

Salute, Saca111

Hi again gentelmen.

More trials and I found that:

TGP works fine, is the HUD who is not ok.

TMS down now do "cursor Zero" wich is placing the TGP (not the HUD) to the actual steerpoint.

Now you need (most of the time) TMS right or up to enter point track or area track and be able to slew it around.

If the TGP looks messed up, do TMS down to cursor zero (use and abuse this feature, the trick of TGP is cursor zero).

If you want to boresight the TGP, C.Z and then press PB 4 (OVERRIDE) to put TGP off, then pressit again to restart it and the TGP should just spiral down to the bore position!.

Hope it's clear enough.

B good!

Saca111

Saca 111,

My trials are finding the same results, however, after enough times of going through this dance and the TGP and HUD TD box become totally disconnected, and OVRD nor CZ will fix it. That may also have to do with the fact that I was Winchester on bombs.

I think you have developed the best operating technique until ED gives us a more reliable and consistent system to work with.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hi Skyblazer.

You are right! After some time, HUD and TGP will be completelly disconnected. Doing cursor zero and override won't correlate them properly, but will "restore" normal behavior to the TGP if it gets "confused", like no cross on it, or pointing somewhere else way way off side, and you can't recover it, because HUD box is to the left (for example) and TGP is actually pointing 90º roght (true history), then C.Z. and OVRR should do the trik and place the HUD box boresighted. Then it's iposible to move it around, even though there will be some offset between the Box and the TGP position, but small enough to overcome the problem and find your TOO anb bomb it.

Salute.

Saca111

Edited by Sacarino111
typos

I can get the TGP to track and change from point to area mode but it will not designate a target.

Since the update I cannot drop in CCRP unless it is on an existing waypoint.

Even if i go into snowplough and then TMS right/up the SPI does not follow the TGP.

How far off the steerpoint are we talking here?

A few hundred feet in any direction from the CZ point and a GBU-12 will still track the laser successfully.

If you need to move your centroid by miles, then you need to use the TGP to get the LAT/LON and make a new steerpoint to CZ on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Been having the same issue. The cursor zero (CZ/TMS down) is inconsistent, as sometimes you can slew right away, sometimes the TGP is frozen on the steerpoint for a couple seconds and sometimes it freezes forever. In the third case you can unfreeze it by going into point track (TMS up), but while this will let you control the TGP, the HUD symbology will stay the same, leading to an off-target bomb drop.

Same here!

I was about to post the same, with pictures. I thought that this last patch was correcting that bug, but nope!

I found the pics...

Thats what I'm talking about. The TGP works fine - it's the correlation with the HUD that's busted now

SB11

Edited by silentbob11

CPU: intel Core i7 9700K ~ 3.6 GHZ , nVidia RTX2060 SUPER, 32GB 3300 Mhz RAM, DELL 24" LED. Windows 10

The issue I was having was that nothing I did would allow the SPI to follow the TGP.

I found my issue. Every map I was testing on had no pre-set steerpoints.

I added a couple of steerpoints and then I was able to target fine.

There were still some inconsistencies with the TGP freezing at one point until I

cycled steerpoints but was fine after that.

All bombs dropped fell on target (only tried CBU's and GBU12's).

The issue was that without any steerpoints you cannot create a SPI.

Not sure if this is an oversight or WAI. I am guessing most maps will have pre-set

steerpoints for missions but not all will.

Same here!

I was about to post the same, with pictures. I thought that this last patch was correcting that bug, but nope!

I found the pics...

I have exactly like this pictures in Syria map. Unmatch what tgp pointed and on HUD. It made CCRP bombing way off even the LGB bomb failed to chase the laser.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

• ED Team
Here is my trk file of the issue. SP mode doesn't put the HUD indicator in the center of the HUD. After a while, the SP button doesn't even show on the MFD. I tried changing waypoints, aircraft orientation but no difference

It makes TOO bombing very unreliable.

Hi

I have spoken to the team We have no information that any sort of SP LOS indication should be on the HUD.

If anyone has any clear data on the subject we are happy to review it

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

I have spoken to the team We have no information that any sort of SP LOS indication should be on the HUD.

If anyone has any clear data on the subject we are happy to review it

thanks

At least from my video, you can see the SP button is unreliable? It doesn't even appear after a while, despite pressing CZ and changing SOI. Also the ability to designate a target after using SP mode does not work as many people have pointed out.

I will post a track to clarify later