Start DCS with specific settings?

Fri13

The DCS is possible to be launched in VR or Non-VR mode using custom shortcuts with target parameters:

--force_disable_VR

--force_enable_VR

But is there a way to launch it with a now Custom 1-3 in the graphics settings?

Example:

--force_disable_VR --Custom_1

It would help to make screenshots, record videos etc when one could launch DCS in specific settings without starting DCS, loading Custom 1, relaunching DCS?

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Idk about settings parameter but you can make a few versions of options.lua and with a simple batch program use them (by copying the right version) with a shortcut.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

This is exactly why I'm using the DCS Updater... It will alow you to make "presets" and have premade buttons for launch with vr, or launch without vr...

but with the presets you can preconfigure everything and han just select which preset you want to launch...

I've asked ED about launching w/ Params for the DCS Presets.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

that would be useful, because i only fly in VR, but i prefer to do mission editor in 2d

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Use Skatezilla's utility. I use it to launch DCS using two sets of graphical options for when I want to use monitor vs VR.

His tool doesn't do what I am asking here.

I don't need VR and Non-VR launching, I have those as own icons so when I want to do mission editing I launch the desktop version and otherwise VR is automatically On.

What I am asking here is that you can launch the DCS World with Custom 1, Custom 2 and Custom 3 graphical settings you can set and save.

So you can have three icons on desktop to launch the DCS World with different resolutions, graphical effects and such activated on the launch, without requiring you to go settings and load those and then restart DCS again (that goes automatically for VR first, then you close it and restart in desktop again).

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I don't need VR and Non-VR launching, I have those as own icons so when I want to do mission editing I launch the desktop version and otherwise VR is automatically On.

What I am asking here is that you can launch the DCS World with Custom 1, Custom 2 and Custom 3 graphical settings you can set and save.

So you can have three icons on desktop to launch the DCS World with different resolutions, graphical effects and such activated on the launch, without requiring you to go settings and load those and then restart DCS again (that goes automatically for VR first, then you close it and restart in desktop again).

I have that utility to do exactly that. I use much less graphical fidelity when I launch with VR. Using the utility, I don't have to change them in the settings in DCS. I just select whichever profile I want to use.

The only thing is that it's not desktop icons. But just launch the utility and select a saved profile in a drowdown list, then launch.

Edited by unlikely_spider

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

The DCS updater do exactly that... did not you see the presets dropdown there? It works like this, set your 1 preset, lunch dcs via the button, change and save your settings, exit dcs, set it to preset 2, lunch dcs via the button, change and save your settings, exit dcs...

next time you select preset 1 and luch dcs via the button it will load what ever you saved last time to the preset, same with #2...

• 9 months later...

Hey,

is the parametr for shortcut executing the DCS in option 1/2/3 already known?

Thanks 

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

• 4 weeks later...