[REPORTED] Gunsight Keybinds

Rudel_chw

Hello,

I'm editing a HOTAS profile for the TM Cougar, but some of the gunsight's keybinds dont work properly .. currently, I have them set like this:

VgJr6iF.jpg

The Optical Target Range keybinds work perfectly: they increase/decrease gradually, and if the key is held the knob keeps moving.

However, the ASP-5 Dive Angle and the Target Wingspan keybinds increase/decrease very coarserly .. the wingspan changing in increments of more than 5 meters and the dive angle changes in increment of whole degrees. Also, if the key is held the knob doesnt keep moving, forcing the user to click it repeatedly.

Can you please take a look at these Dive Angle and the Target Wingspan keybinds, and make them work like Optical Target Range does?

Thanks a lot for this very nice Module :)

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello,

Just checked this on the new 2.5.5 version, and these bindings (Dive Angle & Target Wingspan) still dont work well, they are too coarse to be useful. Hope Razbam can take a look into this.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Well, after a month this issue hasnt even been acknowledged, and I have just checked today's Openbeta update and see that the Dive Angle & Target Wingspan keybindings are still too coarse.

I was waiting on them for continuing editing my practice missions series for the MiG (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234073), but I'm kind of depressed by this and so I think it is best for me to take a break from the MiG-19 and return to the Hornet.

:(

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I rechecked this bugs after today's OB update (DCS 2.5.6.54046) ... unfortunately, it is still there .. how a simple keybind can be so hard to fix? .. the gunsight controls works fine with the mouse, but only the Gunsight range can be properly adjusted using keyboard or Hotas, the wingspan and dive angle can not.

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I rechecked this bugs after today's OB update (DCS 2.5.6.54046) ... unfortunately, it is still there .. how a simple keybind can be so hard to fix? .. the gunsight controls works fine with the mouse, but only the Gunsight range can be properly adjusted using keyboard or Hotas, the wingspan and dive angle can not.

Hi Rudel, is this issue still present in 2.5.6.55743 for you?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Hello,

I had a problem with my DCS update yesterday, as there was a power outage mid-update and my DCS install was corrupted beyond repair .. I tried every technique that I know of with the DCS_Updater to no avail, so today I threw the towel and I'm installing DCS from scratch, which will take a few hours as my Internet is not too fast :cry:

I will re-test this bug on the Mig-19 as soon as posible, and then report back to you.

However this is really easy to test, you just need to assign a keystroke for each command as shown on my illustration and then teste them on the free flight mission. The optical range keys work perfectly: smooth and gradual movement while the key is being held down. The difference with the Wingspan and Dive angle controls is immediately apparent.

Best regards,

Eduardo

I'm not sure if it's related, but binding the range and the wingspan to rotary axes shows similar problems. You can bind them without issue, but the game is only reading a tiny portion of movement in the middle of the axis. So for example as you turn the physical axis from 0-40% nothing happens, then from 40%-60% the wingspan dial goes from 0-max, and then 60-100% nothing more happens. No combination of saturation, curve, and deadzone makes the response more linear across the range.

• Like 1

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

I'm not sure if it's related, but binding the range and the wingspan to rotary axes shows similar problems...

I think it is better to focus each Bug Report on just a single issue, to facilitate the developers understanding of each case. Your issue should go on a separate thread.

Hi Zack,

I've just re-tested and unfortunately this issue persists: of the three gunsight adjustments only the Range works well with key bindings; while the Wingspan and Dive Angle can be adjusted only in increments of about 5 meters and whole degrees respectively.

I'm attaching a track file and here is a short video showing the issue:

UrG0jCTLFnI

The gunsight knobs work perfectly with the Mouse, but as the aircraft has no autopilot I'd really prefer to be able to bind them to my Hotas or keyboard.

Hopefully the developer can compare the adjustment that works ok (Range) with those that do not, and fix this. Thanks a lot for the interest :thumbup:

Eduardo

Mig-19 Test Gunsight Bindings.trk

• 1 month later...

Hi @Rudel_chw I think some small fixes may have entered the patch without us knowing. Can you reconfirm this is still an issue or resolved and if so please provide a .trk?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Hi @Rudel_chw I think some small fixes may have entered the patch without us knowing. Can you reconfirm this is still an issue or resolved and if so please provide a .trk?

Hello,

I've just tested under the latest open beta.

The Optical Target Range keybinds work perfectly: they increase/decrease gradually, and if the key is held the knob keeps moving.

However, the ASP-5 Dive Angle and the Target Wingspan keybinds increase/decrease very coarserly .. the wingspan changing in increments of more than 5 meters and the dive angle changes in increment of whole degrees. Also, if the key is held the knob doesnt keep moving, forcing the user to click it repeatedly.

I'm attaching a new track file, using the Free Flight quick mission.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Mig-19 - Gunsight keybindings.trk

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2020 at 10:17 PM, wowbagger said:

I'm not sure if it's related, but binding the range and the wingspan to rotary axes shows similar problems. You can bind them without issue, but the game is only reading a tiny portion of movement in the middle of the axis. So for example as you turn the physical axis from 0-40% nothing happens, then from 40%-60% the wingspan dial goes from 0-max, and then 60-100% nothing more happens. No combination of saturation, curve, and deadzone makes the response more linear across the range.

I have got the exact same problem and I am going to create a thread, since the only related one that I have found was in the 'solved' section, because it had been identified as a double for an existing thread... which I cannot find.

Please close the sound barrier when you leave.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Just wanted to report that this Bug is still present under the latest DCS 2.7

I re-tested this today, encouraged for the very similar fix that Razbam  delivered for the ADF Radio tuning keybindings, but unfortunately this similar bug still persists 😂

Eduardo

• 4 weeks later...

Issue still present in 2.7 and quite annoying.

Axis act digitally with only min and max, without anything in between.

MiG19controls.trk

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

• 1 month later...