Harm overlapping radars

colubridae

when using HARM TOO mode:-

on the harm page, before hand-off, is there a way to separate radars, which are radiating from the same sam site. (they appear as one box on the harm display page)

I have tried using the RAID button, this works fine for radars in 'non-overlapping' sites but where I have a search radar and a targeting radar in the same sam site, I only seem to get the search radar.

hope that makes sense

please.

:)

IIRC the best way to do so is to simply filter out the emitters. You can select which emitters to show, and selecting a single category will limit the overlap of say search radars over track radars.

didn't know I could do that.

will give it a try, sounds perfect.

thanks toilet

(not the first time I've thanked a toilet) :):thumbup:

The offset button on the RWR control panel will separate the emitters on the display and the DDI.

I thought that wasn't implemented yet? Is the offset function working now?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Does the RWR Offset button effect the HARM TOO page in real life? That'd be cool if it did.

Your best bet for now will be to use the "Class" button in the upper right, which you can use to filter the displayed emitters. The easiest choice here is Priority ("PRI" in the bottom right of the class list) which should only show fire control radars that are a threat to you.

Otherwise H1 seems to display older SAM systems like SA-2, SA-3, and SA-6 while H2 shows newer system like SA-10 and SA-11. HOS shows all hostile emitters. I assume FRD, F1 and F2 are the same for friendly, UKN is unknown, and I'm not sure what any of the rest are.

Yes, H1 is Hostile older gen SAM's like up to about SA-6 and H2 everything newer.

What bugs me is that I cannot select between search and track radar.

I'm trying to take down an SA-10 site, and to optimize my chances of getting a hit I wait until the SAM has launched -- tracking sound goes crazy -- before I launch. Of course the SA-10 tracking radar is now going crazy trying to cook my eggs at 25k feet, but the HARM, instead of going for the 10kW track radar is going after the search radar gently flowing over the landscape :mad:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Otherwise H1 seems to display older SAM systems like SA-2, SA-3, and SA-6 while H2 shows newer system like SA-10 and SA-11. HOS shows all hostile emitters. I assume FRD, F1 and F2 are the same for friendly, UKN is unknown, and I'm not sure what any of the rest are.

Check pages 196-199 of the current F-18 manual if you want a list of which emitters are in which class and what the class abbreviations represent.

It's annoying but what you can do is hand off, it'll single that one out, if it's not the one you want, step to the next one, hand off, etc etc. a bit clunky but it works. Doing this while the SA10 missile is tracking you makes for some tense moments though!

You can also box the LIMIT option, it'll reduce the number of visible emitters (based on calculated threat level, IIRC).

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro