DCS UFC ( Android app )

pet333r

Still no success. Now tough decision, Streamdeck or UFC app? UFC app must go for now until solution is found. Too bad, it is a great app.

Interesting, I chose the opposite - just sold my Stream Deck XL as I prefer DCS UFC on my 4 tablets.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Can't seem to get the JF-17 UFC to display data for me as well. The indicator buttons on the right work - I can see HNS, AP light up appropriately. The input keys also work perferctly as well but I don't get any data displayed.

Did a complete wipe of my Saved Games folder as well, no difference.

Can't seem to get the JF-17 UFC to display data for me as well. The indicator buttons on the right work - I can see HNS, AP light up appropriately. The input keys also work perferctly as well but I don't get any data displayed.

Did a complete wipe of my Saved Games folder as well, no difference.

Try double checking your config is pointing to the right IPs (your device IPs may change if you haven't set your PC and all devices to static IPs), and also make sure your export.lua is configured correctly - when I recently installed TacView, it over-wrote everything there and broke DCS UFC.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Try double checking your config is pointing to the right IPs (your device IPs may change if you haven't set your PC and all devices to static IPs), and also make sure your export.lua is configured correctly - when I recently installed TacView, it over-wrote everything there and broke DCS UFC.

Yep unfortunately it still doesn't work. I double checked the IP, even moved it into a different assigned slot in the config file. I can get all the inputs find on other modules, just this one that is not displaying data.

Yep unfortunately it still doesn't work. I double checked the IP, even moved it into a different assigned slot in the config file. I can get all the inputs find on other modules, just this one that is not displaying data.

This is probably some bug in DCS, which causes that the data from LCD displays in JF-17 is not sent. And the DCS version does not matter here. Recently, after reinstalling Windows, it also stopped working for me, and in DCS I did not change anything, I only started it after reinstalling Windows ..

Everything is fine with the application and the script, I am trying to find out why this happenning

This is probably some bug in DCS, which causes that the data from LCD displays in JF-17 is not sent. And the DCS version does not matter here. Recently, after reinstalling Windows, it also stopped working for me, and in DCS I did not change anything, I only started it after reinstalling Windows ..

Everything is fine with the application and the script, I am trying to find out why this happenning

Look forward to it

Love this app

Among the best 3rd party android apps for DCS

This is one of the best apps for DCS. I use it with 2 tablets to fly DCS. I works very well. And it would be very cool if the display will be show up in the virtual MFDs... But i think thats a lot of work... rly thx for this glorious app :clap_2::clap_2::clap_2::clap_2::clap_2::clap_2::clap_2::clap_2:

This is one of the best apps for DCS. I use it with 2 tablets to fly DCS. I works very well. And it would be very cool if the display will be show up in the virtual MFDs... But i think thats a lot of work... rly thx for this glorious app :clap_2::clap_2::clap_2::clap_2::clap_2::clap_2::clap_2::clap_2:

I too also use 2 10" Tablets with the Tomcat which I specifically bought for use with this app, along with a smartphone for the AoA indexer. It's amazing. I also bought 2 7" tablets for when the Tomcat gets more panels... ACM panel pleeeeeease?!

J-20 said:
so how does this work? how does the tablet know that my pc is running DCS? Di I need a cable to connect my pc with my tablet??

Simple, just install the script in DCS https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script and enter the IP address of the Android device to which the data will be sent in the configuration file. There is no need for any cables, at most you can connect to the charger 😉

GunSlingerAUS said:
I too also use 2 10" Tablets with the Tomcat which I specifically bought for use with this app, along with a smartphone for the AoA indexer. It's amazing. I also bought 2 7" tablets for when the Tomcat gets more panels... ACM panel pleeeeeease?!

ACM you say .. hehe

.. and then A-10C AHCP, new IFEI for Hornet .. and something else heh

attachment.php?attachmentid=242710&stc=1&d=1594988365

device-2020-07-17-121547.thumb.png.431aa121c17e34a4905a8bcd667aef76.png

device-2020-07-17-114007.thumb.png.cab7f1b72a3167230f27b74f5b0753f6.png

Edited by pet333r

Holy shit! Working AoA too! You've outdone yourself, thank you so much.

ok, I've updated the app on my tablet, started the ACM panel for the Tomcat. Unfortunately the AoA indexer isn't working, and the missile/gun buttons aren't lighting up. The master switch also isn't animating. Is there something I need to do to enable this? Note that inputs are working though - if I tap a button on the virtual ACM panel, it is reflected in the cockpit.

Unfortunately, the IFEI panel (for Hornet) does not work. And the UFC panel works fine.

The scripts have been updated.

not showing data on the same device as UFC which is working?

ok, I've updated the app on my tablet, started the ACM panel for the Tomcat. Unfortunately the AoA indexer isn't working, and the missile/gun buttons aren't lighting up. The master switch also isn't animating. Is there something I need to do to enable this? Note that inputs are working though - if I tap a button on the virtual ACM panel, it is reflected in the cockpit.

update the script

It should be visible, do you have any other device to check?

just checked on my own Huawei MediaPad T5, Redmi3, Redmi8 and noname Discovery. All four show the same picture - buttons work, the numbers do not show.

my Config.lua:

-- properties
ExportScript.Config = {}

-- device 1
ExportScript.Config.Export      = true              -- sending data
ExportScript.Config.Export1SD   = false              -- sendind data from SD
ExportScript.Config.Host        = "192.168.0.5"     -- IP for 1st app
ExportScript.Config.Port        = 5160              -- port for sending data

-- device 2
ExportScript.Config.Export2     = true              -- sending data
ExportScript.Config.Export2SD   = false              -- sendind data from SD
ExportScript.Config.Host2       = "192.168.0.6"     -- IP for 2nd app
ExportScript.Config.Port2       = 5160              -- port for sending data

-- device 3
ExportScript.Config.Export3     = true              -- sending data
ExportScript.Config.Export3SD   = false              -- sendind data from SD
ExportScript.Config.Host3       = "192.168.0.9"     -- IP for 3rd app
ExportScript.Config.Port3       = 5160              -- port for sending data

-- device 4
ExportScript.Config.Export4     = true              -- sending data
ExportScript.Config.Export4SD   = true              -- sendind data from SD
ExportScript.Config.Host4       = "127.0.0.1"       -- IP for 4rd app
ExportScript.Config.Port4       = 5160              -- port for sending data

-- device 5
ExportScript.Config.Export5SD   = true              -- sendind data from SD
ExportScript.Config.Host5       = "192.168.0.11"       -- IP for 5rd app
ExportScript.Config.Port5       = 5160              -- port for sending data

-- receive commands from external apps
ExportScript.Config.Listener         = true         -- listen commands from apps
ExportScript.Config.ListenerPort     = 25070        -- Listener Port receiving commands

-- data separator (do not change)
ExportScript.Config.Separator = ";"

-- Other
ExportScript.Config.ExportInterval         = 0.05	-- export every 0.05 seconds
ExportScript.Config.ExportLowTickInterval  = 0.1	-- export every 0.x seconds
ExportScript.Config.ExportModulePath       = lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\pw-dev_script\Modules\]]
ExportScript.Config.FirstNewDataSend       = true
ExportScript.Config.FirstNewDataSendCount  = 100

-- data export ( change to true if You are using DCS AoA Indexer )
ExportScript.Config.ExportSelfData          = true     -- export SelfData (Lat, Lon, Alt etc.) every LowTickInterval

-- export Displays data
ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysA10C      = false      -- A-10C
ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysAV8BNA    = false      -- AV8BNA (UFC, ODU, UVHF)
ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysF14B      = false      -- F-14B
ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysF16       = true      -- F-16C Viper (DED, CMDS, UHF)
ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysFA18      = true      -- F/A-18C (UFC)
ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysJF17      = true      -- JF-17 (UFC)
ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysM2000     = false      -- Mirage 2000C
ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysKA50      = false      -- Ka-50

ExportScript.Config.ExportTWS               = false      -- Threats from FC3

-- if you don't use CDU in A-10C and you want better performance on older devices, change to false
ExportScript.Config.ExportA10C_CDU          = false

Maybe I need to register different ports for different devices?

OQ2; 3080ti; X-56new

just checked on my own Huawei MediaPad T5, Redmi3, Redmi8 and noname Discovery. All four show the same picture - buttons work, the numbers do not show.

my Config.lua:

-- properties

ExportScript.Config = {}

-- device 1

ExportScript.Config.Export      = true              -- sending data

ExportScript.Config.Export1SD   = false              -- sendind data from SD

ExportScript.Config.Host        = "192.168.0.5"     -- IP for 1st app

ExportScript.Config.Port        = 5160              -- port for sending data

-- device 2

ExportScript.Config.Export2     = true              -- sending data

ExportScript.Config.Export2SD   = false              -- sendind data from SD

ExportScript.Config.Host2       = "192.168.0.6"     -- IP for 2nd app

ExportScript.Config.Port2       = 5160              -- port for sending data

-- device 3

ExportScript.Config.Export3     = true              -- sending data

ExportScript.Config.Export3SD   = false              -- sendind data from SD

ExportScript.Config.Host3       = "192.168.0.9"     -- IP for 3rd app

ExportScript.Config.Port3       = 5160              -- port for sending data

-- device 4

ExportScript.Config.Export4SD   = true              -- sendind data from SD

ExportScript.Config.Host4       = "127.0.0.1"       -- IP for 4rd app

ExportScript.Config.Port4       = 5160              -- port for sending data

-- device 5

ExportScript.Config.Export5SD   = true              -- sendind data from SD

ExportScript.Config.Host5       = "192.168.0.11"       -- IP for 5rd app

ExportScript.Config.Port5       = 5160              -- port for sending data

-- receive commands from external apps

ExportScript.Config.Listener         = true         -- listen commands from apps

ExportScript.Config.ListenerPort     = 25070        -- Listener Port receiving commands

-- data separator (do not change)

ExportScript.Config.Separator = ";"

-- Other

ExportScript.Config.ExportInterval         = 0.05-- export every 0.05 seconds

ExportScript.Config.ExportLowTickInterval  = 0.1-- export every 0.x seconds

ExportScript.Config.ExportModulePath       = lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\pw-dev_script\Modules\]]

ExportScript.Config.FirstNewDataSend       = true

ExportScript.Config.FirstNewDataSendCount  = 100

-- data export ( change to true if You are using DCS AoA Indexer )

ExportScript.Config.ExportSelfData          = true     -- export SelfData (Lat, Lon, Alt etc.) every LowTickInterval

-- export Displays data

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysA10C      = false      -- A-10C

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysAV8BNA    = false      -- AV8BNA (UFC, ODU, UVHF)

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysF14B      = false      -- F-14B

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysF16       = true      -- F-16C Viper (DED, CMDS, UHF)

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysFA18      = true      -- F/A-18C (UFC)

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysJF17      = true      -- JF-17 (UFC)

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysM2000     = false      -- Mirage 2000C

ExportScript.Config.ExportDisplaysKA50      = false      -- Ka-50

ExportScript.Config.ExportTWS               = false      -- Threats from FC3

-- if you don't use CDU in A-10C and you want better performance on older devices, change to false

ExportScript.Config.ExportA10C_CDU          = false

Maybe I need to register different ports for different devices?

There is no need for separate ports, the port would need to be changed mainly in one case: if you had this port blocked by someone and you could not unblock it.

Can you send me the Scripts folder? Just a folder with my script, I'll compare the files

mye Script folder

The file for Hornet is correct, but I saw that you added a fifth device, but for this to work, you still need to change some code in another file and add the ability to send data to this device. Maybe this is why your data is not transmitted.

On the other hand, you still have 127.0.0.1 on the 4th device (I'm testing the script and data transfer on this group), you can safely change this address to 192.168.0.11

It is best to download and install the entire script again and enter the IP of your devices in groups 1-4

as for ExportDisplays* you don't need to change to false for some modules if you don't have them. This is an option for people who, for example:

they fly F-16 and use only ICP in landscape mode (no DED display), then DED data will not be sent from DCS (because there is no need to even display it) -> less data from DCS / less data sent via network / Android it receives and processes less data (this will make older and slower devices respond faster)