F18 TGP TOO Mode

tech_op2000

In Open Beta, I am confused about the operation of the TGP for TOO JDAM attacks. throughout the various updates it was possible to do multiple jdam drops at once in TOO mode by saving target info then changing station or from TOO1 to TOO2. Currently, my TOO coordinates seem to always be slaved to my TGP point. Is there a new way to save them as that station's TOO coords then move to another station? As I recall in the old way, pressind TDC depress would lock in whatever coords the TGP was looking at. but now they just change as soon as I move off the target.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

I've still been able to use the following via the jdam MSN page:

1. TDC on first target

2. Press TOO 2 (this is if you are carrying 2x bomb per station; else you can just step)

3. TDC designate

4. Step to next station (ensure TOO1 is boxed) TDC designate

5. box TOO 2

6. TDC designate

7. undesignated

Now you can flip through the bomb stations and see they all have different coord. The dumb thing is the TPOD will now have gone snowplow because you undesignated. Also, YMV as the JDAM accuracy isn't great. I've not had 4 out of 4 bomb drops, even though I confirmed each bomb station had a diff coord; this might just be normal JDAM accuracies though.

Thanks both of you. you are correct and I understand it a bit better now. Basically when the TGP is targeting, you can step away from a station or TOO profile and it will save whatever was being designated when you leave. But you cannot go back and look at it until you stop designating with the TGP or it will overwrite what was on there before. TLDR, leave the TOO profile while designating the desired target, then dont return to it until you have undesignated. After undesignating, the profiles can be viewed without being overwritten. Thanks!