"Space Bar" in tutorials as user bind.

Fri13

Currently the tutorials uses a lot of hard coded "press space bar to continue" function. Where you can not continue to next tutorial phase unless you press space bar.

With the HOTAS and especially VR, there is no need to have keyboard anywhere near you when flying. Why the function should be either possible binded any wanted button, or make it react to any HOTAS button overriding it that moment (so example squeeze trigger to go next phase, but not to fire weapon in that time).

Possibility to bind a button for it (like Pause, Activa pause etc) would be best and easiest method as then you can keep example training something like attacks before continuing.

• Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

OK so as a work around, as a long time ago i had the same issues re VR and trying to hunt the space key, use Voice Attack.

I upgraded to the pay version (IMHO best "module" for DCS ever if in VR) but the free trail version you get 20 free commands and the ability to try it out. It is fantastic, don't bother with Viacomm if you do upgrade as super easy to make own commands and you learn them that way, i personally found that better.

So going back to your post when it pops up in a training mission etc i just use to say "continue" and it would auto press the space bar function for me, super useful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat