DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

But ED WANTS people to buy into EA.

They're not going to encourage people to do so if they treat release dates as advisory.

I've understood your point from the beginning. What I'm pointing out is that you can't tell other people they have the wrong opinion.

Perhaps it would be an idea in the future for ED to spell out exactly what early access means at the point of sale. I would bet that there would be a negligible effect on the numbers of people signing up because we are all optimists, we naturally think it "will be alright on the night".

I would bet that even if ED did the above, the same suspects would still be pointing fingers when things did not work out as imagined.

It's the name of the game, everybody reacts and thinks differently to the same stimulus.

Hell, when we sign up to EA, non of us actually know if we will still be alive at the time of release.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

But the delay is not the point. The way the delay was handled is.

And it was handled badly, that is why there is so much noise right now. Had it been handled well, there would not have been the cyclone of negativity in the last 24 hours. This is a mistake that belongs to DCS. This is not the customer's fault.

This!

Some people just want accept that this is what most people complain about.

I just don't get why that is so hard to understand!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

This!

Some people just want accept that this is what most people complain about.

I just don't get why that is so hard to understand!

Some people are uber-fanboys and not a word of dissent can be tolerated. It's genuflect or bust with them.

Me? I love DCS, I think it's great! I've bought maybe 10 planes and all the maps. And I'm going to keep buying stuff.

But they still screwed this up.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Some people are uber-fanboys and not a word of dissent can be tolerated. It's genuflect or bust with them.

Me? I love DCS, I think it's great! I've bought maybe 10 planes and all the maps. And I'm going to keep buying stuff.

But they still screwed this up.

Amen to that! I've got about 10 modules and counting, with campaigns and all the maps myself. I used this sale too, might even get more the next two days even though the dollar doubled compared to my currency.

Constructive criticism should be welcomed with open arms. That way you'll only get better.

Whenever my dad gets a faulty or bad product, my mum literally have to force him to complain or return it!

If a customer is not satisfied by my service, I want to know about it!

Yea I agree it was handled very badly I think as a token jester from ED Wags should be put in a stockade and rotten tomatoes thrown at him just for kicks and up loaded on youtube ....:D
Chuckle!!!

Next years Easter egg...

Perhaps it would be an idea in the future for ED to spell out exactly what early access means at the point of sale.

They did. But no one ever reads the terms EVERYONE has to agree to when making a purchase.

They also give everyone who engages in pre-release purchases a 20% discount.

But let’s not let the facts get in the way of a good tirade!

Another simple fact is that we all winge when stuff comes out bugged.

So they are trying to accede to our demands, and delaying the release until they are satisfied it is in a good enough state to justify it.

Which do you want? Bugs, or timely releases? You can’t have it both ways.

Sorry, this is another sore point that has given me pause when it comes to EA purchases. Yes, you receive a 20% discount to purchase EA or even pre-purchase but it is really upsetting to me to see that if I had only waited 5 months after release I could have had a 50% discount (VIPER). So you help support the company with a pre-purchase, suffer through a release which was obviously too early and then when the module actually starts to flesh out you could have had a much more substantial discount. This really doesn't instill confidence in me to invest early in DCS modules. I understand modules dropping in price over the years but only months after release into early access is starting to change my thinking process.

In fairness, DCS is not the only flight sim to do this. I bought two E/A modules from it's competitor with a 10 dollar discount only to watch them drop by 30 dollars almost immediately after full release. I've learned my lesson there.

I love DCS and that other product as well. I don't mind supporting companies that provide me with my hobby and I can luckily afford to, but sometimes I just don't like being slapped in the face for that support.

Mostly this is all just first world problems...lol. Some people don't have food.

Sorry, this is another sore point that has given me pause when it comes to EA purchases. Yes, you receive a 20% discount to purchase EA or even pre-purchase but it is really upsetting to me to see that if I had only waited 5 months after release I could have had a 50% discount (VIPER). So you help support the company with a pre-purchase, suffer through a release which was obviously too early and then when the module actually starts to flesh out you could have had a much more substantial discount. This really doesn't instill confidence in me to invest early in DCS modules. I understand modules dropping in price over the years but only months after release into early access is starting to change my thinking process.

In fairness, DCS is not the only flight sim to do this. I bought two E/A modules from it's competitor with a 10 dollar discount only to watch them drop by 30 dollars almost immediately after full release. I've learned my lesson there.

I love DCS and that other product as well. I don't mind supporting companies that provide me with my hobby and I can luckily afford to, but sometimes I just don't like being slapped in the face for that support.

Mostly this is all just first world problems...lol. Some people don't have food.

So sales can't be better than the pre-purchase discount? You run that risk on every product. You may get a 10% discount on your new car. Maybe in a few months, you could have gotten 25% off on the same car. You buy in the now or if you don't need it now and want to see if you can get it cheaper later, wait.

You're right it is first world problems, but again you made the decision to buy it when you did. They are not under any obligation to make sure the price you paid is the lowest one they can offer.

Edited by chevyrules727

Not so fast: EUAs often have all sorts of provisions that wouldn't hold up under tort. And if they violate local consumer laws, doesnt matter if you agreed to them or not.

They are not violating anything. Their latest early access module is delayed and they have explained why. I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but their own Terms of Service clearly cover the subject.

If you can persuade a local Judge to agree that the terms and services are wrong, and your own local laws out trump them then good luck to you. They may well agree with you for a fee, but that is it, they can agree the terms are in your opinion wrong, but they can do jack squiddly about it.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

This is first one. The Viper went on sale because of the whole coronavirus situation and as a way to enable customers who couldn't afford it previously, afford it during their self-isolation. A lot of devs did the same thing. Normally, new modules aren't part of sales for at least 6 months to a year. I get that it doesn't sit well with some, it's understandable, but this was an exception.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Sigh. That argument isn't valid, because it's ED that sets the release date. It's perfectly within their gift to set a date that they can meet that doesn't force them to release a buggy mess.

Yes in this case things didn't go to plan and I'm sure ED will be more careful in future, but don't pretend that this is the customers fault for pushing them into announcing a date they couldn't meet.

They did. But no one ever reads the terms EVERYONE has to agree to when making a purchase.

Another simple fact is that we all winge when stuff comes out bugged.

So they are trying to accede to our demands, and delaying the release until they are satisfied it is in a good enough state to justify it.

Whoa. You are barking up the wrong tree with me. I suggest you dig out my posts prior and read them before giving me a jab in the ribs. :)

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Sigh. That argument isn't valid, because it's ED that sets the release date. It's perfectly within their gift to set a date that they can meet that doesn't force them to release a buggy mess.

Yes in this case things didn't go to plan and I'm sure ED will be more careful in future, but don't pretend that this is the customers fault for pushing them into announcing a date they couldn't meet.

I think a lot of people in this thread are having a hard time understanding software development. They also don't get Early Access means you actually get ACCESS to what you paid for. What we are seeing is a bad target date (twice now actually) for the Early Access date. Maybe they would understand it better with post. If I paid for a letter to be delivered at this date and it was late once then late a second time and now just lost in the mail you would be upset. I know there are differences with software dev cycles and the post but it is a simplified analogy.

What I wish ED would do is what, in my opinion is an amazing dev team does, is have weekly recaps on what is being worked on. Noticed I said worked on, not what was completed. If anyone here takes 5 minutes and looks at Facepunch studios, the ones who make the game Rust, processes you will see they have great communication. Their great communication stems from great documentation internally on what is going on. Take a look at one of their Dev Blogs and you can see their behavior of communication to their users and it shows their transparency.

I dont mind waiting for supercarrier. Personally am with ED since days of Flanker. They pushed this sim more then I ever though possible and always delivered what they promised. I per-purchased it and whenever you guys think its ready is fine by me. :thumbup:

+1! since days of Flanker, bought in a trip to London with my father. Never forget those days;

Your words are mine, i waited for this all my life. I´m upset with the non-laucnh of SC? yes, but right now the world has my thoughts and my attention. I don´t mind to wait a few more days, weeks, etc for something i wish since ever. The bottom line here is, we must feel happy for being healthy, at the moment, and our families too. Let´s not forget that there are real problems and serious ones out there.

Eager for the SuperCarrier!

keep up, and thank you.

Best regards, and love, from Portugal.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Steam purchase of super carrier

Evening all new here so apologies if in the wrong section.

I purchased the pre order of SC yesterday morning on steam as it stated available in 6 hours time but what i later found out was it had been delayed (read on this forum) no problem as with good reason by the sounds of it.

I submitted a request for a refund and have been refused on the basis i used the "free" Su-33 that came bundled with the carrier although no mention of this in the description , i already owned the aircraft having purchased FC3 so had no need for it anyway. I had used the Su33 for 5 hours but that was two weeks ago and on the one already purchased.

Bit of a rant so apologies but my problem is with steam and it looks i have no grounds with them so my question is WILL the super carrier work with the steam edition when it is released?, i personally do not think steam should have it on the store page as there is no mention of release dates anymore nor mention of a bundled su33.

A little concerned i have just chucked away £26.99 hopefully that is not the case and any advice going forward will be appreciated ie not through Steam if that is an option.

Evening all new here so apologies if in the wrong section.

I purchased the pre order of SC yesterday morning on steam as it stated available in 6 hours time but what i later found out was it had been delayed (read on this forum) no problem as with good reason by the sounds of it.

I submitted a request for a refund and have been refused on the basis i used the "free" Su-33 that came bundled with the carrier although no mention of this in the description , i already owned the aircraft having purchased FC3 so had no need for it anyway. I had used the Su33 for 5 hours but that was two weeks ago and on the one already purchased.

Bit of a rant so apologies but my problem is with steam and it looks i have no grounds with them so my question is WILL the super carrier work with the steam edition when it is released?, i personally do not think steam should have it on the store page as there is no mention of release dates anymore nor mention of a bundled su33.

A little concerned i have just chucked away £26.99 hopefully that is not the case and any advice going forward will be appreciated ie not through Steam if that is an option.

You will get the SuperCarrier for sure, but you would have to wait like everyone here until it gets released...

And yes, it is pretty annoying to buy stuff, thinking its going to be released in 6 hours and then....poooof, delay!

To summarize what i experienced here:

90% of the people aren´t that annoyed about the delay itself, but about the communications and HOW it is done...