DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

Hopefully this will placate some.

You have to admire the humour of it:

Plan B is giving the majority of the customers what they want and paid for.

That's Plan B.

I mean, how can you not laugh at that?

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Plan B.... how do I get a refund for the pre-order I no longer wish to support? I'll buy it when it is working.

I think Kate said she will look into refunds if they don’t deliver in the two week timeframe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

I think Kate said she will look into refunds if they don’t deliver in the two week timeframe.

Really?

This is hysterical. They develop a cool product a lot of people want and will pay for in advance. Then they have the product ready to go for the majority of the enthusiastic paying customers, and then...

... they don't release it. But they do plan to figure out how to give people their money back?

Again, how can you not laugh at this?

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

That’s what she said. Feel free to scroll through the endless opinions. I left mine and I haven’t gone back. That’s what that whole thread is. The opinion deposit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Thanks ED for the update . . . it will be worth the wait. Love your products.

Stay safe and healthy!

i7-7700K 4.20Ghz | GeForce GTX 1080Ti DUKE | ASUS Maximus IX Hero Z270 | Samsung 960 | Corsair CPU Cooler | G.SKILL 32GB | Oculus VR Rift | Saitek PRO Pedals & TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle & Joystick |

The best laid plans of mice and men oft go awry...

I paid my money upfront, knowing full well what I was paying for. A likely buggy carrier module with poor frame rates and deck crew walking through airframes like ghosts with heads suddenly appearing between my knees and opening their mouths... :eek:

Likewise I knew it would get better in time.

I was given a release date. It was missed because ED decided it was too buggy to even release as a beta.

They announced the decision to delay at the same time everyone thought they would be downloading it...

Shit happens. It is very disappointing for all concerned, but ill fate has no respect for disappointment.

It took two people, two days; to draft an announcement not much longer than this post, according to Wags. That shows the eggshells they feel they need to walk on in this community.

On a positive note, Wags said they learned from the F16 module release, not to bow under pressure and release a far below par module just to hit a circled number on a calendar.

If they learned that then, they will not bow under pressure now.

I am SP only as are the majority, but the MP guys are the very vocal err passionate ones. Can you imagine the pitchforks if they released to SP only. Sure the MP guys could use the carrier in SP mode, but that would not prevent the pitchforks and threats of everything from boycotting all early access, to starting a class action lawsuit.

It is a bad business all round, but you have to take it on the chin. Baying for blood will not alter one damned thing.

You may think as I do, that the projects should be far further along towards completion before announcing them, and even further along and at least in the testing stage before releasing them on pre order with a release date.

Then again ED probably hold off as long as possible and a bit more before they need funds coming in to complete the module.

In my mind's eye, I do not see ED staff lighting Havana cigars with hundred dollar bills during their lunch breaks.

Not happy at the prospect, I being a single player, knowing we have a workable module we paid for that we can't have yet, but also know that ED made a decision as to the next course of action and should stick to it if they learned anything at all about bowing to public pressure.

Those that bay for release now will be shouting loudest if it goes out in an unplayable state.

It is possible to be both disappointed, yet understanding.

No need for such polarised views.

I AM DISAPPOINTED. There, I said it. I will get over it.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

I on the other hand will continue to purchase early access modules for 2 simple reasons …

2. I save money!

About that, EA prices are the full prices, you're not saving money by purchasing EA modules. I guess EA is open to interpretation, but it is customary to keep the price discounted. I would not buy the EA Viper if it would not be for the current sale otherwise.

Danger zone!

About that, EA prices are the full prices, you're not saving money by purchasing EA modules. I guess EA is open to interpretation, but it is customary to keep the price discounted. I would not buy the EA Viper if it would not be for the current sale otherwise.

Just wrong. There is always a discount on pre-purchases. Get your facts straight please.

I recall her response was to someone's question about not delivering in April-May timeframe.

Although, technically, there's nothing stopping them from releasing it in any half-functional state (with "known issues" disclaimer, like in OB patch notes) simply to avoid these refunds.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Modules announced for EA but not yet released into EA are offered with a pre-purchase discount. Thats why many buy EA modules, they don't pay 80$ but 65 or so. If you own the F-18 you get also an extra discount ontop of the pre-purchase discount for the supercarrier and you can even spend ED miles on it. So pre-purchase+Hornet-discount(=50% off)+ED miles = very cheap module

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I think that is a nice portrayal of the actual corona crisis.

I just couldn't stop shaking my head on reading some comments out here.

I don't want to defend ED, as i think "yeah, they could have communicated that a little bit earlier...".

But nevertheless, I can fully understand ED, as they don't wish to repeat the shitstorm arising on the release of the F-16.

All you peole know what happend, and the this thread pictures that image of people i got over the last weeks.

"IT'S MINE! GIVE IT TO ME! YOU CAN RELEASE SP? RELEASE IT!!!"

"GIMME MY MONEY BACK! YOU FOOLS! ON OTHER PLACES YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED!"

Are these the same people hoarding toilet paper?

I can't tell... but you bought early access, you knew what you were going for, and i still remind you of the F-16 and 2.5.6 playability mess.

Nobody forced you to buy it - you can wait until it is fully polished.

No, you don't want to wait, you demand snipping of the MP part, do some absolutely unnecessary testing, just to satisfy your needs? Cause extra work for an EARLY ACCESS module?

And IF ED is going to release the SP only part, I can tell you what will happen, something is not working, and you run for ED and yell "WHAT HAVE YOU RELEASED, THIS SH** IS NOT WORKING!?!?!"

That depicts my built image of people in the last weeks, many of them are always and will ever only think of themselves...

Yes, that annoncement could have come a bit earlier, but hey... it happened, the SC will be released, it was not cancelled... just wait a little more.

Sorry for the harsh words, have a nice day and stay healthy!

Wayan

Edited by Wayan

Plan B.... how do I get a refund for the pre-order I no longer wish to support? I'll buy it when it is working.

Just raise a support ticket and request it if that's what you really want to do.

If you have any issues just take it to your local consumer standards office or whatever you have over there.

Just raise a support ticket and request it if that's what you really want to do.

If you have any issues just take it to your local consumer standards office or whatever you have over there.

Kate confirmed in another post that they will honor refunds if it ain't released by 31st of May 2020.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I can't tell... but you bought early access, you knew what you were going for, and i still remind you of the F-16 and 2.5.6 playability mess.

Nobody forced you to buy it - you can wait until it is fully polished.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest blaming your customers for your own missed deadlines is probably poor business.

There are new players who most certainly did NOT know what they were going for who are annoyed and may not come back; you don't get to tell them their opinion is wrong.

Kate confirmed in another post that they will honor refunds if it ain't released by 31st of May 2020.

Lol it's not a question of honor. It's a question of entitlement. If the guy really wants a refund he has every right to expect one. ED's 'honor' does not supersede consumer rights.

Personally I'm happy to wait for release and I have no issue with slipped deadlines - shit happens.

But for those few who seem dead keen on getting a refund they should simply go right ahead and request it.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest blaming your customers for your own missed deadlines is probably poor business.

There are new players who most certainly did NOT know what they were going for who are annoyed and may not come back; you don't get to tell them their opinion is wrong.

I guess that will lead to another Open Beta and Early Access discussion.

SC is released for open Beta, IF (I know nobody is doing) you would stay on the stable version, you would never drive into the problems occuring now. You could get your carrier when it is ready, you would get your plane when it is in a flyable state.

I am sorry when i missed something, but where were customers blamed for missed deadlines? That i not a provocation - i really didn't see it.

I am not blaming the new player coming to DCS and see what can happen here with EA and releases, yes I am a bit sad for them. No, it is this toxicity arising that i don't like, the mentality that some guys have.

Get yourselves in EDs position, you want to release, you really want it. You discover Errors, work greatly overtime to iron them out, but realize that you can't do it in a few days, and then you decide to delay the release, because you know what is going to happen, and how your community will react when you release this current state.

And this is what will happen when SC SP is going to released, this mentioned toxicity grows and ED will be blamed why they released it in an buggy state, if bugs are happening.

As I already mentioned, I also didn't like that the delay was announced at release day. But I think that is way better than releasing it and not learning from F-16 and 2.5.6

Greetings

Wayan

Lol it's not a question of honor. It's a question of entitlement. If the guy really wants a refund he has every right to expect one. ED's 'honor' does not supersede consumer rights.

Personally I'm happy to wait for release and I have no issue with slipped deadlines - shit happens.

But for those few who seem dead keen on getting a refund they should simply go right ahead and request it.

Hehe I agree, it was intended as joke really!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the SC will be included in today's patch :music_whistling:

That would be a great joke :lol:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I'd love to work for you.

You pay in advance, I delay the job a few times, then I show up late the day I do show up, and maybe the job isn't what I promised. And the second you say one word about it I get to call you a "pantie twisting moaner".

I'm free next Monday if you'd like to pay me now. music_whistling.gif

Sadly for you, like ED i come with Terms and Conditions, that again like those of ED work in my favour.

ED's are linked on the front page of the website if you cant find them.

They can delay and cancel at their will and you agreed to them doing so.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

SC is released for open Beta, IF (I know nobody is doing) you would stay on the stable version, you would never drive into the problems occuring now. You could get your carrier when it is ready, you would get your plane when it is in a flyable state.

I am sorry when i missed something, but where were customers blamed for missed deadlines? That i not a provocation - i really didn't see it.

I am not blaming the new player coming to DCS and see what can happen here with EA and releases, yes I am a bit sad for them. No, it is this toxicity arising that i don't like, the mentality that some guys have.

Get yourselves in EDs position, you want to release, you really want it. You discover Errors, work greatly overtime to iron them out, but realize that you can't do it in a few days, and then you decide to delay the release, because you know what is going to happen, and how your community will react when you release this current state.

And this is what will happen when SC SP is going to released, this mentioned toxicity grows and ED will be blamed why they released it in an buggy state, if bugs are happening.

As I already mentioned, I also didn't like that the delay was announced at release day. But I think that is way better than releasing it and not learning from F-16 and 2.5.6

Greetings

Wayan

ED sets the dates that they plan to release their product in (largely) functional state. The choice of a) releasing a buggy mess on time or b) a functioning product late, is false dilemma you've created. It ignores choice c) get the date right in the first place.

I don't doubt the difficulty of what ED are trying to do, but it doesn't matter. Failure to deliver means loss of confidence and potentially loss of customers thereafter. You don't have to agree with those people for it to be true.

Edited by Flamin_Squirrel