VR

USA_Recon

Which airframe? If you've enabled it in vr on the special tab, it will show up in the mi8 automatically. On the l-39, it'll show up if you have the gunsight dismounted.

It would be nice if it could be used in vr in a few more airframes (I'd like to see it in the uh-1 and yak-52, I've seen a photo of one mounted in a mig21)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• 1 month later...

It says so pretty clearly in the store.

In general > read before you buy is a neat thing more people should try

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Aaahhh... As opposed to all those thousands of people who don't want it to work in VR. I see now.

Have you read the thread?

Or even the OP? :lol:

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

I did think that ED had suggested that at some point they’d provide an equivalent of the 2d pop up for vr users.

Having said the above, it’s probably just behind them modelling the fluid dynamics of the toilet at Batumi, so unlikely to be seen anytime soon.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 3 weeks later...
Aaahhh... As opposed to all those thousands of people who don't want it to work in VR. I see now.

Have you read the thread?

Or even the OP? :lol:

Could you elaborate? The tread is titled VR after all.

Also what do you mean by there is thousands of people who actively want to prevent VR users having access to the NS430 popup edition?

Is this really a thing in the DCS community or are you just being toxic?

So data display export to 3rd party displays is okay but support in VR is not?

I mean yeah, the average DCS user is probably also playing using low or mid end audio hardware - should we now gather thousands of users actively demanding to prevent improving audio quality?

+1 from me for VR support on the NS430 popup. It adds so much value to many of the airframes that do not have it as a 3d model.

Just a small example: it creates a semi realistic Mig-29g, the German version of the 29 that is in DCS.

The German 29 was retrofitted with GPS among other things, so the NS430 is a great addition to emulate parts of that capability the Eagle Dynamic product lacks.

Best regards

I dont want a pop up in vr, i want the 3d version more widely implemented in vr. Theres a few airframes that could conceivably be equipped with it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

• 4 weeks later...
I dont want a pop up in vr, i want the 3d version more widely implemented in vr. Theres a few airframes that could conceivably be equipped with it

For FC3 planes it would not make sense since those don't have clickable cockpits.

In this way it'd only make sense for full fidelity modules and from those only the ones that don't have satnav built in and were in service after GPS went live.

So we still do need a VR version of this as it's mainly FC3 modules benefiting from it.

For example the Mig-29G, which is the Luftwaffe version of the 29 and was retrofitted with GPS navigation among other things - in DCS it doesn't have any retrofitting whatsoever, just called the G and limited weapons.

And frankly I don't see why it's not coming.

I have all NS430 versions:

10$ C-101EB and C-101CC

6$ L-39

15$ Mi-8MTV2 + Pop-up-Window Bundle

31$ total so far, which is nearly a full module or high class module during sale.

The popup alone is 11$ and still incompatible with VR in 2020. I'd even consider getting a VR version of it for another 11$ if that's necessary to make the devs work on that topic.

It should be doable. I mean I can download OVR toolkit and display youtube videos or even the whole desktop while playing. DCS can render stuff to external displays. There must be a way to get this done for the customers.

Best regards

Maybe they'll add the NS430 to the high fidelity Mig-29 they're working on.

There's that rumour again… where's that even from?

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

There's that rumour again… where's that even from?

From Simon that works for ED.

But it is only something they are exploring. Not something announced

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I'm curious what the technical limitation is here. I see the kneeboard and chat show up in VR, so it's not like it can't be placed that way.

It's the interactivity most likely.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧