NEW Cockpit, NVG, Radio and ECM

=DECOY=

Hey RAZBAM,

i ****ing love the interaction with the NVGs!

To me it feels more immersive - great idea!

Also like the new radio very much.

Two questions regarding the radio/countermeasures:

- what do all the modes of the left turning knob stand for? FF? CG?

- there is no way to see the actual count of the countermeasures? Just if they are low or empty?

The Mirage was worth every cent, even before the Update. Can't wait to test the new one,after my work today

Gesendet von meinem SM-G973F mit Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster Warthog SLM - F/A-18 , MFG Crosswind V2 , Cougar MFD`s , HP Reverb , PointCtrl , i9@5,1Ghz/2080Ti,

:joystick: DIY 2DOF Motionsimulator with 4Ch Simshaker :joystick:

Well I can't really agree with you , just yet. But instructions and commands don't have the effect as described. For example AG Gun. Radar is on, place guncross on desired ground target , AG Designate, then engage. I have AG designate mapped to my HOTAS. Pressing it does not designate ground target, and AG Gun does not change HUD symbology.

Engaging with 530. Slow moving TU-95. Within 30 miles, I designate the target. Within 20 I switch to STT. Master Arm is ON, 530 is selected weapon. All seems good. Target box is within envelope circle. Press FIRE to launch. NO LAUNCH! Go figure?

Well I can't really agree with you , just yet. But instructions and commands don't have the effect as described. For example AG Gun. Radar is on, place guncross on desired ground target , AG Designate, then engage. I have AG designate mapped to my HOTAS. Pressing it does not designate ground target, and AG Gun does not change HUD symbology.

Engaging with 530. Slow moving TU-95. Within 30 miles, I designate the target. Within 20 I switch to STT. Master Arm is ON, 530 is selected weapon. All seems good. Target box is within envelope circle. Press FIRE to launch. NO LAUNCH! Go figure?

You should get latest dcs open beta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Decoy, nice video, thanks.

Lovely update. Just about to take it for a spin.

That interior is MILES better. It's actually possible now to tell whether the buttons on the PCA are backlit. Was a bit of a struggle before.

Awesome stuff, great work!

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I am sorry I am not seeing anything new at all. My DCS is Beta 2.5.5.39262. Everything is the same as when I got the module, with exception NVG switch, that does not do anything ( I get no NVG), except telling me that it is switching. The cockpit is same very dark, very hard to read, especially rotary switches on radios which are lost in dark shadow, that no gamma can correct. I thought that making cockpit in English would make things easier, but it does not. All the instructions are for French.

SO in regards to new pit, what is new? I see no difference. Has fire control changed, as I am having nothing but difficulty understanding FCR in Mirage. I switch to Magic (MAG), Master Arm ON, Gun Arm ON. But I cannot fire the missile. I am unable to activate AG gun. AA gun works fine. But AG gun does activate.

Of all the modules I have, Mirage stands out as being most problematic. Instructions don't match actual functions. AV8B is just fantastic. Best module I have. So RAZBAM can do good stuff, but Mirage is such a convoluted confusing mess.

you are on an old version.......

59th | Casper

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Our Website | Our Facebook Page | YouTube Channel | Our Discord

System : 9900k 5ghz, 32GB 4166mhz Ram, 2080Ti, Hotas Warthog, Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswinds, VR + TrackIR, All Modules For DCS

To get the AG-Gun up, read this: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=245165

NOTE: An AG weapon must be selected for the aircraft to enter AG ATTACK mode, otherwise AA Special modes will be invoked.

That is the problem

What is written is not so. Selecting AG Gun does not place aircraft in AG ATTACK mode. I select AG Gun, and ..... nothing happens. The system remains in AA mode.

This is a chronic problem for me in Mirage. Invoking a command does not necessarily perform that command, or has different effect, or no effect. Leaving me, scratching my head.

NOTE: An AG weapon must be selected for the aircraft to enter AG ATTACK mode, otherwise AA Special modes will be invoked.

That is the problem

What is written is not so. Selecting AG Gun does not place aircraft in AG ATTACK mode. I select AG Gun, and ..... nothing happens. The system remains in AA mode.

This is a chronic problem for me in Mirage. Invoking a command does not necessarily perform that command, or has different effect, or no effect. Leaving me, scratching my head.

The problem is you read the wrong part.

6. To set the HUD, actually the entire aircraft systems, into AG ATTACK mode the pilot must click the PIP HOTAS switch forward (it is the same switch that sets the Special Modes when in AA mode).

I do have the latest 39384. No change for me. I am still do not understand why I am unable to place systems in AG attack mode. Simple stuff activate AG cannon. Press mapped button, nothing happens. Master ON, cannon Arm on. AA gun works fine, Magic works I guess. AG, nothing. I think that devs are changing faster then docs are updated.

I do have the latest 39384. No change for me. I am still do not understand why I am unable to place systems in AG attack mode. Simple stuff activate AG cannon. Press mapped button, nothing happens. Master ON, cannon Arm on. AA gun works fine, Magic works I guess. AG, nothing. I think that devs are changing faster then docs are updated.

Just use Chucks Guide. It explains everything you need to know with pictures.

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-mirage-2000c/

Right so the problems remain. For me.

In AG Training missions Rockets and Guns. Narration does not mirror actual happenings.

Place HUD in Neutral. Press RK3 (rockets) then press TAS for radar assisted AG target. Radar is EMIT, Master Arm ON, Cannon Arm ON.

According to narration Designating AG target should give a CCIP pipper for rockets. It does not. My HUD remains unchanged. Rockets do fire, but without pipper, there is no precision. This is emblematic for me in this module, and only in this module. Where instructions say one thing, but actual feedback or results are completely different.

In AG Training missions Rockets and Guns. Narration does not mirror actual happenings.

Place HUD in Neutral. Press RK3 (rockets) then press TAS for radar assisted AG target. Radar is EMIT, Master Arm ON, Cannon Arm ON.

According to narration Designating AG target should give a CCIP pipper for rockets. It does not. My HUD remains unchanged. Rockets do fire, but without pipper, there is no precision. This is emblematic for me in this module, and only in this module. Where instructions say one thing, but actual feedback or results are completely different.

You need to add one more thing:

press HOTAS weapons system cmd fwd to enter A/G mod.

Its a new thing which was added a few updates ago, because thats how it is in the real M2000C.

Just read Chucks Guide. Everything is explained in detail.

@DimitriKozlowsky

This https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=245165is the post you need to read for the explanation on the new functionalities of the PCA. If I were you I wouldnt criticize the Mirage documentation. Baltic Dragon's manual is one of the best I have seen in a long time!!! And Chuck's guides are amazing!!

I think the only way to learn really is to take for granted that we are the ones missing something and search for the answers. Not putting the fault on the product, especially with such a great module!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

I do understand his viewpoint and frustrations. How can he know that tutorials or documents are not up to date? Not everyone lives on these forums or discord and know what is going on.

That said, @DimitriKozlowsky there are plenty of helpful guides and users to help you get a grip on the M-2000C. You actually bought it in a brilliant time as you don’t need to re-learn changed functionality and you get to enjoy all the new upgrades based on real life feedback from the french airforce.

Which year standard Mirage we have now in DCS represents?

One thing is for sure, the new JVN (NVG) was a much more recent upgrade to the M2KC!

See this article of 2016 in Air and Cosmos, it says that

Les pilotes se sont aussi formés, depuis le mois de juin, au pilotage sous jumelle de vision nocturne (JVN). Ces JVN augmentent le service rendu aux forces terrestres, et demain, permettront aussi le tir canon. Pour l'heure, seuls les Rafale détiennent cette capacité de tir canon de nuit. Historiquement, les pilotes avaient été formés dans les années 90, mais l'expérience n'avait pas survécu, faute de... JVN, réservées aux "muds" (chasseurs-bombardiers).

Which means grosso modo that the NVGs were developed in the 90's but not fitted on the M2KC but rather reserved for the bombers. They were finally fitted on our beloved 2000-C in 2016. (Correct me yoyo if this is not true?)

That means that your question, @bies, is really pertinent because I always took for granted that our Mirage was a creature of the mid-90's, 2000 at the most...

???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

@Timghetta

For what its worth, I think you absolutely nailed the Mirage cockpit. Immersion level just went up ten fold, and the canopy / HUD has the best in game look and balance of reflections, glare, tint, transparency, both with shadows on and off.

Thank you.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Training missions nor the manual were not yet updated to match the new functionalities, which are still being polished. I am updating both but I need to wait for RAZBAM to finish their bit first before I can roll out the new manual and - after that - training. So I agree that some parts of the manual are not corresponding fully with the module, but this will change very soon.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

That means that your question, @bies, is really pertinent because I always took for granted that our Mirage was a creature of the mid-90's, 2000 at the most...

???

The Mirage 2000C is still very active to this day and deployed on a daily basis to provide ground support in Africa. They are used with Mirage 2000D to provide canon fire on ground targets as the latter don't have this capability.

That's probably why the Armée de l'Air decided to equip them with NVG at last.

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ