Starting the engine

jfri

Since I get stuck in startup tutorial I tried to proceed on my own with engine start. There is an engine start panel with an engine start button. If I try to press that nothing happens. And by that I not only mean nothing happens with the engine but also I don't see the button itself being depressed like other buttons. True for both mouse click and pressing an assigned joystick button.

Make sure your throttle is all the way down to off (not just idle!). Press the red button to the right side of the throttle to move it to off if it isn't already, because the engine start button won't do anything if the throttle isn't in the off positon.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Since I get stuck in startup tutorial I tried to proceed on my own with engine start. There is an engine start panel with an engine start button. If I try to press that nothing happens. And by that I not only mean nothing happens with the engine but also I don't see the button itself being depressed like other buttons. True for both mouse click and pressing an assigned joystick button.

It doesn't seem to depress visually. Make sure battery power then ground power is on first. Then click on all teh switches in the same panel as teh start button to toggle locations. Then try the start button. You will hear a sound like a far away engine that will only grow to about 11% or so. Then throttle...

Edited by flameoutme

Make sure your throttle is all the way down to off (not just idle!). Press the red button to the right side of the throttle to move it to off if it isn't already, because the engine start button won't do anything if the throttle isn't in the off positon.

Yes that was the problem and I could set it to off with my Hotas Thrustmaster Warthog throttle quadrant throttle lever detent.