DCS SA342 The cockpit dashboard is too dark and the appearance is too dark. O

DCS SA342 The cockpit dashboard is too dark and the appearance is seems too dark . Other DCS models are normal {Using the RX 570 graphics card}

DCS WORLD is the latest version, and the RX570 graphics driver is also the latest. I can't understand why all DCS MODEL cockpit cockpit dashboards are normal, only SA342 TOO DARK:(

Edited by huchanronaa

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c0s-j6eFMMK2NNOipKgeb-UmuJinyOz5

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xpmIw9fdFzLaW6aiufqcfOYLY491OrUP

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qSwimcbtgu-AnsF6p7nlIHMoDNOexHB5

LIKE THIS SCREENSHOT ,I turn the uv light

The tone in the cockpit is not correct, too dark, the same problem exists, this seems to be the core problem of the program or the compatibility of the graphics card.

Firstly, I agree that the cockpit is extremely dark.

However, photographs of a real Gazelle cockpit do seem to suggest that everything is black. Sure, you can see it, but it IS black. Example: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e2/Cockpit_de_lAerospatiale_SA-342M_Gazelle_%283893718876%29.jpg

So, in that sense, the DCS module is accurate... even if that makes it difficult to use. The thing is that we do not have the same dynamic range on our screens as we get in real life, so it does make things a bit awkward. Perhaps some fine tuning could be applied, to make it better match the photographs?

Or, as an alternative suggestion, perhaps the little flood lamp in the ceiling could be pointed up a bit, so we could turn up that light and help reduce the abyssal darkness of the main console?

However, that said, in the meantime, make sure you have all your internal lights turned up. What I use is:

1. Turn on the instrument/console back lighting. These also have adjustable brightness.

2. Turn up the UV light brightness to maximum (I find this the most useful and actually have a key bound for it).

3. Turn on the roof flood lamp. This points down into the centre console area and helps illuminate that area a bit. It also provides some general glow.

4. And make sure you are using the white (not red) filter on it.

Attached are some screenshots to help you find these.

gazelle_cockpit_lights_1.thumb.jpg.65800d9c8e4e9c298ff61a3cebcd41a9.jpg

gazelle_cockpit_lights_2.jpg.24637332ae9a43b1438f47bda1d9dcd7.jpg

I learned that when the French designed this helicopter, the cockpit used black non-reflective material. If the light is not turned on, it is very dark.

I do it according to your method. It does improve the darkness.

But the roof flood lamp is still looking for how to open it or have a shortcut key

But the roof flood lamp is still looking for how to open it or have a shortcut key

The dial for the roof lamp is at the back of the light. The filter is at the front of it. If you mouse-hover over the dial, you'll get the "rotate" indicator. Use the mouse wheel to adjust it.

Alternatively, you can use key-bindings. These are in the "Roof Console" section of the controls setup. Specifically, you will need:

• Roof Lamp Decrease
  • Roof Lamp Increase
  • Roof Lamp Lens White/red

As I mentioned, you cannot move the position of the lamp (like you can, for example, in the AV-8B), but it does at least illuminate part of the mid-console.

After comparing the youtube sa-342 videos of previous years, it can be confirmed that the brightness of the cockpit is normal at the time, it looks like a real helicopter cockpit, but when the dcs world is greatly revised about 2.5, the cockpit becomes Very dark, even if the lights are turned on,I have some cockpit photos with DCS WORLD printscreen sa-342 on the top. Can you go to research whether this is like a high-definition dcs airplane? In my opinion, if this is ED's own aircraft, such a dark cockpit seems Can't pass the test and sell it

But what surprised me even more is that the developers of Polychop-Simulations have not yet fixed the obvious BUG of this AA+ level.

I have officially submitted a report to ED

Edited by huchanronaa

After comparing the youtube sa-342 videos of previous years, it can be confirmed that the brightness of the cockpit is normal at the time, it looks like a real helicopter cockpit, but when the dcs world is greatly revised about 2.5, the cockpit becomes Very dark, even if the lights are turned on,I have some cockpit photos with DCS WORLD printscreen sa-342 on the top. Can you go to research whether this is like a high-definition dcs airplane? In my opinion, if this is ED's own aircraft, such a dark cockpit seems Can't pass the test and sell it

But what surprised me even more is that the developers of Polychop-Simulations have not yet fixed the obvious BUG of this AA+ level.

I have officially submitted a report to ED

This is not a priority bug, is not a system or make it unplayable. By other side, ED team still doesn't have PBR textures on the Mi-8 and have a big team, and polychop are just 2 people. To end, the update of the gazelle is planned for this year.

Chinook lover - Rober -

Creating PBR textures for the Gazelle is something we’d like to do. No promises though. This would take a considerable amount of time to complete and has to be evaluated on the go to see if it’s worth the time and effort.

Community Manager Account

DrummerNL

[TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Discord - Facebook - Gazelle sitreps

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did some tests with DrummerNL, this might be graphics card related (AMD cards)

See my post in the other thread and if this applies to you, please answer there. Thanks!

Post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3955497&postcount=28

Thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3955497#post3955497

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

The cockpit glass is treated like a non-transparent solid object. You can check this by comparing the minigun variant against the others. In the cockpit of the minigun variant, turn the heli 90 degrees against the sun and light will pass through the open doors. If you do the same with the other variants, there is a tiny slit on both sides where the windows are opened, that's the only hole where the direct light can pass through.

Should be an easy fix in the properties of the glass objects, uncheck whatever tells the engine that they are shadow casters.

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Not sure how to answer. Did you even read my post in the other thread? You are stating pretty much what I wrote there.

The point of interest is at the moment, and I'm quoting that other post:

"This is to check if it is really AMD related. Nvidia cards don't seem to be affected."

For that we have to see whether other AMD cards show this, too, and not just mine. People who tested this with Nvidia cards didn't see it like this.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

Sorry, i forgot to mention that i'm on a Nvidia card. The only type of shadow that is not affected is the flat terrain shadow. So the shadow of the heli shows transparent glass on all world objects, but not inside the cockpit. The flat shadow option only works on everything outside the heli.

Edited by Alec Delorean

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

So you mean to say that you *do* see the same effect I see while using an Nvidia? That would be interesting.

If that's the case, could you make screenshots like I did here, please:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3955503&postcount=30

and also state what card you have, which driver version, and what your settings are in DCS and Nvidia?

So far, everyone with an Nvidia has said 'Not the case with me' so we surmised it might be AMD related.

Edited by ams999

Cool, thank you!

Are you on Polychop's discord already by chance? Might be good to post the pic there.