DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

will be later on any chance to bring crew making maintennance tasks down on the hangar ?

There could be a possibility for this, because last year I saw some animations of crew members using tools.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

If those guys will help line up the launch bar to hook us into the steam catapult shuttle, that would be amazing.

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Can we in the "future" control the lso station on the free to play carrier with the module, or only the payware ?

The "pilotable" LSO and CAG and other features has part of module

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735513&postcount=178

Although we released a greatly improved and free Nimitz-class aircraft carrier at the time of the Hornet release, we are also working on a separate Nimitz-class aircraft carrier module. This product will have an incredible level of detail and include such features as a detailed and operable LSO and Air Boss stations, detailed modeling of the hangar, animated deck crew, briefing room, and control of the carrier.

If those guys will help line up the launch bar to hook us into the steam catapult shuttle, that would be amazing.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

That would be the best, especially at night for Case 3 operations..

Skyspin

I5-4670K 4.3GHZ / 32GB DDR3 / EVGA 1080TI /HP Reverb G2 / ASUS Z-97A / SAMSUNG 500 GB SSD /Thrustmaster Warthog / RAZER Tartarus / CORSAIR Void Pro Wireless/  WIN 10

Now I can set my expectations about any news accordingly.

"... the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is making fast progress with the new model and textures, radio communications, and animated deck crew. Later this summer we will be providing much more information about this exciting new module."

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Will the new carrier have new views to cycle through?LSO, Plat Cam, Bridge , cats, elevators, hanger bay, etc???

FC3 | UH-1H | A-10C | F/A-18C | F-16C | F-14B | P-51D | F-5E | AV-8B |

Caucasus | Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | The Channel |

SuperCarrier |

Is there any announcement when the new aircraft carrier will appear? Any approximate period?

I hope friday pre-purchase :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I hope friday pre-purchase :D

I think that's not going to be for a while now. Summer just started.

Cool would be setting the hull number rather than having it fixed. I've seen multi-carrier missions and having a pair of 74s steaming side by side is jarring. It would seem, on the surface, altering the hull number is two graphics on the hull and potentially an overlay on the deck crew vests, if that.

Just a thought, and not a very large one at that.

If you get the urge to model anything below the waterline I'd be happy to not tell you all about it. It's a secret.

Hadn't seen it stated in this thread, so....from a Wishlist thread.

"For the DCS: Nimitz-Class Aircraft Carrier module, we plan to allow you select any of the Roosevelt sub-class ships. Not just the obvious ship name and number, but also each will have unique deck textures."

5 possible ships and the module name. :)

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Cool would be setting the hull number rather than having it fixed. I've seen multi-carrier missions and having a pair of 74s steaming side by side is jarring. It would seem, on the surface, altering the hull number is two graphics on the hull and potentially an overlay on the deck crew vests, if that.

Just a thought, and not a very large one at that.

If you get the urge to model anything below the waterline I'd be happy to not tell you all about it. It's a secret.

If I'm not mistaken, they added in the ability to change the liveries of ships a while back, for example you can choose from a number of different skins for the Arleigh-Burke class. I haven't seen any custom carrier skins made yet, but I don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility.

When you turn on "random failures" in the ingame options will we see stuff like this happening in the carrier module?

Aviation in and of itself is an inherently dangerous business, add the naval environment to it and it multiplies that danger immensely. Would be nice to see the dangers of flight deck operations reflected in the Carrier Module.

found this nice Gem too

Edited by Baz000