Fuel Calculations?

Faxx2

Does anyone have data about how to work out fuel loads for missions? Currently just guessing in my planes

I understand that the calculations would change by plane and load out--but there must be a rule of thumb per air frame ect. . .

You can map approximate ranges for your aircraft with some test flights. Set your load out, turn on infinite fuel, and fly at your cruise height and speed. Record the fuel flow from your cockpit gauges. Then divide your speed by that value and multiply by the amount of fuel. This will give you a distance.

For a modern fighter reasonable values for cruise alt and speed with a heavy load out might be between 30-35 thousand feet and 450-500 knots. With a light load out you might cruise at 35-45 thousand feet at the same speeds.

Some planes like the F-18 will also calculate range for you.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

@Faxx2 - I haven't found a good way to manage this in the campaign editor yet.

What I've done is take the max range - 460miles and subtract 160 for 300 as my operating range for the 18. That means 150 to target and 150 back for no tanker. Other planes may have farther range, but I still use this as a rule of thumb.

It's not a great answer... ;)

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs