Ratio internal DCS coordinate system

tomekldc

Hi,

I'm exporting the position of each of my mission's unit with this function below:

Could someone explain me the ratio used for the "internal DCS coordinate system" ? I would like to convert it into meters.

LoGetObjectById() -- (args - 1 (number), results - 1 (table))
 Returned object table structure:
{ 
   Name = 
   Type =  {level1,level2,level3,level4},  ( see Scripts/database/wsTypes.lua) Subtype is absent  now
   Country   =   number ( see Scripts/database/db_countries.lua
   Coalition = 
   CoalitionID = number ( 1 or 2 )
   LatLongAlt = { Lat = , Long = , Alt = }
   Heading =   radians
   Pitch      =   radians
   Bank      =  radians
   Position = {x,y,z} -- in internal DCS coordinate system ( see convertion routnes below)
   -- only for units ( Planes,Hellicopters,Tanks etc)
   UnitName    = unit name from mission (UTF[img=https://forums.eagle.ru/images/smilies/cool.gif]  
   GroupName = unit name from mission (UTF[img=https://forums.eagle.ru/images/smilies/cool.gif]    
 } 

Thank you for your time,

TL

There is no ratio, the DCS internal coordinate system is in meters.

- x is the north/south axis

- z is the east/west axis

- y is the nadir/zenith axis (altitude)

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

You're welcome !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !