Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

We flew on the server on Monday. Winter with haze was causing some odd pixel jitters out to sea and terrible glare on the canopies, so we left. VR is already terrible for spotting but the server settings made it worse.

What server settings?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Missions' update:

All weapons (except for the nukes) are now allowed in all missions and each weapon's type is limited to 100 pieces!

Just breaking the routine here a bit, is all :smilewink:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Is there anywhere to find all of the briefings for the missions that get run on this server? I see the first 6 or so but it seems the others are buried in this thread. Thanks!

Oh, thanks for reminding me! Started adding the briefings and stopped after a couple of missions to get some rest. Guess I forgot all about it :smilewink:

I'll get my head around this when I'm back online. Still at work...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Had an angry Mig-21bis last night caused a big hole in the ramp during Chaos mission, would love a bomb like this for the F5 lol

Is that a nuke bomb?! Nukes are disabled!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Unfortunetaly with the mission running on yesterdays evening, I had a total of 5 DCS complete freezes in about 30 minutes without them creating any logs and that on brand new hardware. Really unfortunate, as this could have been a fun flight with all those pilots around.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

F-5 is causing CTD atm.

Anyone else having problems with VAICOM and comms with AWACS on the server since the update?

I've tested and no such problem exists in a quickly made SP mission but does persist when replaying a multiplayer .trk

Haven't teseted against any other server

Reference the large bomb all I remember was getting hosed by a rockets whilst starting my 2nd engine on the ramp. By the time I'd re-spawned a large crater had appeared further up the apron, looks too big to be a conventional weapon. Had a couple of freezes last night on the server, crash logs all sent to DCS. Read elsewhere on DCS forums that the latest Nvidia driver update may be something to do with it.

Oh, thanks for reminding me! Started adding the briefings and stopped after a couple of missions to get some rest. Guess I forgot all about it :smilewink:

I'll get my head around this when I'm back online. Still at work...

Thanks! Really appreciate you running this server. It's great fun. Really trying to get more people into it and more excited about it. Got a solid group of buddies that are looking to get into PvP. Seems like if a solid group of 4-5 people hop in, it gets more populated pretty quickly at times.

Server's completely gone, everything froze a few minutes past 9 PM CET.

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

Server's back up.

As you might already know, guys, I had to start running the server through the DCS dedicated servers. And these seem to crash every 72 hours, so I have to restart the server manually every freaking time. Sucks, I know...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

...and it's back offline again. :(

DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U