[REPORTED] Exhaust Flame bug fixed in 2.5.5.32299!

Shahdoh

No, it's not. Shimmering lower right cockpit near fuel gauge seems gone (if it was related). No flames.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Hmm, working on mine and a friends computer. /shrug Metashader refresh maybe?

ps: flames are barely there in the daytime, not sure if that changed a bit, but if seen at dawn, the flames are definately there and in place instead of all over the place around the front and in cockpit.

Edited by Shahdoh

fxo and metashaders2 deleted (under saved Games/DCS). No difference.

Flames not working. To provoke flames just do prime 10-15 times instead of recommended 5.

Note real life instructions not verbatim, "if flames, keep turning over until engine catches or flames are out", to avoid carburetor fire.

Current Open Beta

DCS 2.5.5.32299 Open Beta

A previous Open Beta (now stable)

DCS 2.5.4.30386 Open Beta

Works. But interesting, the first second of flames looks the same as non working above. Is there two layers, one underlying illumination and flames outside, of which the latter is wrongly placed/doesn't work?

~

Real thing.

Edited by -0303-

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Uh... Did you watch the videos?

Flames. No flames. Huge difference. They are seen in daylight in real life as shown by last video (if anything even more prominent in real life in daylight). They have always been as visible as in last video in previous versions.

Same time, same place, same angle.

Even if they were visible at some lower light conditions, they are much much to weak.

Edited by -0303-

• 2 weeks later...

They are there on my system and yes, a lot less then how they used to be, but I have seen them. Try it earlier in the day, like dawn time period. Its not a fix, but if you still do not see it then, then its an issue with your computer. Myself and others I know that fly the Spit a lot, can see the correct flame positions.

Edited by Shahdoh

No startup flames even in the dark. The small ones while running is something different.

You are indeed seeing things differently than I see them on my computer and apparently others I know who say they see the flames.

I see you are getting the glow, but not the flame and I will assume you have ran a repair already. So it might come down to settings of graphics card maybe.

My suggestion, as it was from the start, is to report this as a new bug. The original bug that the patch DID fix was that the flames were out of place. They are back (for many), but you are not seeing them when you should. Again, brand new issue.

Good luck.

I downgraded to earlier DCS version post#4 without changing anything. Earlier version had flames.

I'd like to to know how many more have this bug?

I am working on producing a video of what I am getting to show the difference. I notice you are getting a glow where I am not, yet I see the flames and you do not.

Specs: 4770k at 4.2Ghz, 32G ram, gtx980, Res 1080P, texture settings on high.

Sorry it came out a bit dark, but can still see the flames, that they are back in the correct position. But as stated earlier, no glow, and definately reduced from how they used to be.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/445573826##

Edited by Shahdoh

Possibly the easiest, simplest way to make a film. Just hit Win + G on any Win 10 program. This starts the built in Win 10 Game Bar Recorder. How I made all films in this thread.

No need to install anything.

Possibly may need to record on replay because Game Bar gets keyboard focus (made me taxi over the edge of the Stennis Carrier after my first unscathed Spitfire carrier landing ...)

I do mean ANY Win 10 program, just tested hitting Win + G on Sumatra PDF reader, works fine.

Edited by -0303-