Summer sale tips for a beginner?

laban

Ok, now I need some advice for myself. I want to buy the A10C even though I usually fly air combat missions. So which campaign would you guys recommend for the A10C to get me going? Is there a fun way to learn this thing?

ED did a good job with the included A-10C training missions.

I'd first work your way through the included training, campaign and some of the missions from the 'user files' section.

• Maple Flag's Basic Training missions are test/qualification flights based on real life pilot check flights (i.e. fly at x kts +/- 10, x ft +/- 200 ft, etc.) - not system training, while good for testing/improving pilot skills, I found them a little frustrating and not particularly fun as a noobie - I guess it depends on your skill level/expectations.

• Piercing Fury requires you to combine your A-10C skills - while challenging, each mission can be used to set training goals for the default training missions.

• Enemy Within 3.0 is well thought of but I'm not sure how much hand holding it does, I expect like PF, it expects you to be at least familiar with the default training missions.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Once you like it, you'll buy other modules anyway ;)

I startet with FC 8Month ago and have 3 Helis, 10planes and all Maps or something like that now :D

Yeah....I grabbed Persian Gulf and A-10C and almost checked out. Then, 100 dollars later....

I hope I can ask questions on this thread. Even I am newbie (2 days old). Using DCS in VR (Rift CV1) with 980 GTX.

From what I can tell from this forum - I should plan to buy FC3 (looks like great bang for buck deal for newbies).

What is another good fully clickable (via mouse or hands) in VR and easy to learn addon aircraft? I am seeing F18 or Viggen?

Any recommendation on campaigns? I may get the map. I am more focused on decent performance with my system and module with good lessons about the aircraft learning and fun missions etc. Again like the op, I am new to DCS. I am coming from world of Prepar3d

Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

FC3 is not on par with HF modules if you are looking for a true simulator. There is a reason why High Fidelity Sukhoi or modern Mig modules don't exist yet. The FC3 versions are simplified for all the systems in these a/c and force you to keybind everything.

My advice would be buy the Tomcat, Mirage or Hornet as your first module. Then see what you like better, Air2air or Air2ground. Then go on and buy other HF modules depending on your tastes and whether you prefer offline mostly or if you will play mainly online.

If A2A is your thing, Tomcat, Hornet, Mirage,Mig21, F5 can fit the bill. If A2G is prefered, A10, Viggen, Hornet, Harrier etc . If you play mainly offline check if it comes with a campaign or not.

If you will mostly play online, favour a more modern plane as they are far more popular online as most servers host them but very few serveers use older ones and are usually sparsely populated.

Don't forget helicopters as well. IMO buy FC3 if you are a big fan of the F15 or the Su27 and dont mind having less realism. You can also purchase the FC3 planes separately. Just my opinion though.

Edited by Fynek

Based on spending all day on google and figuring out what addons to get for DCS. It really is the VR experience.

Here is what I have in my cart - I am hoping this will last me well for a while.

Persian Gulf Map,

Nevada Test Map

Planes: F/A-18C Hornet and M-2000C

Campaign: M-2000C Red Flag Campaign - I read that this is one of the best campaigns.

Does F/A-18C have campaigns? especially with Persian Gulf Map?

Thanks

PS - Just reading if M-2000C and F18 have full interactive learning lessons which will work in VR

Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

Based on spending all day on google and figuring out what addons to get for DCS. It really is the VR experience.

Here is what I have in my cart - I am hoping this will last me well for a while.

Persian Gulf Map,

Nevada Test Map

Planes: F/A-18C Hornet and M-2000C

It mostly comes down to personal taste. I'm a huge cold-war fan, and studied WWII a lot, but I don't care to fly WWII aircraft nor Korean War vintage aircraft.

As for your choices. I have both maps and like them. I just got Nevada map during the current sale. The only problem I'm having is judging my high above the ground from my visual VR view in the Nevada Map. (It could be just natural over desert)

When I was in the U.S. military, my unit had mostly UH-1s and OH-6s. I was not a pilot, but I could go and ride along almost anytime I wanted. I did get to fly an OH-6 for over an hour. (Now, that would be a module MH-6 I would love). Our sister unit had CH-54s. I've spent 11 hour days in one of those, and would like that module also. (Neat Crane fact, there is a limited rear-seat flight control --downstairs--- that overlooks the loading host for sling loads)

Anyway, the first model I chose when I got DCS was the UH-1. For this sale, I chose the Gazelle and F-5e during this sale. Gazelle because it's the closet I'm going to get to a Little Bird. I chose the F-5 because of its relations to the T-38 and because it was widely exported when I served.

Speaking of, if the former Belsimtek coders get freed up I still want that F-4 (and RF-4) for that matter.