F18 official guide

exile2256

Where can I find the official ED manual? I assume they update this, with each new release.

... not really ... Chuck updates his Guides more frequently than ED or 3d Parties update their manuals.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I’m aware of Chuck’s guide, it’s great but hasn’t been updated in a while. Where can I find the official ED manual? I assume they update this, with each new release.

You assume incorrectly. It would be nice, but I can understand that it would be a massive amount of work to update it regularly during open access. IIRC the manual hasn't been updated since last fall some time.

Chucks guide is great, but it hasn't been updated in a while either (fortunately he has indicated an update with new systems is coming later this year).

Another good source is https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/F/A-18C

You assume incorrectly. It would be nice, but I can understand that it would be a massive amount of work to update it regularly during open access. IIRC the manual hasn't been updated since last fall some time.

Chucks guide is great, but it hasn't been updated in a while either (fortunately he has indicated an update with new systems is coming later this year).

Another good source is https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/F/A-18C

That wiki is so far the most up to date guide especially on armaments, thanks!

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I'd say, FA-18C Pdf is updated with the general updates, I think I noticed, and never mentioned.

Then again Hoggit is good study material, also an incomplete WIP though.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• ED Team
I’m aware of Chuck’s guide, it’s great but hasn’t been updated in a while. Where can I find the official ED manual? I assume they update this, with each new release.

The official guide just had a substantial update that is currently going through proof reading/editing and localization. Once that is done, we'll release it into an Open Beta.

This new update brings it up to the current software and includes items like IR Maverick, LGBs, GPS-weapons, SA, LTWS/MSI, HARM, and much more.

Thanks

The official guide just had a substantial update that is currently going through proof reading/editing and localization. Once that is done, we'll release it into an Open Beta.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for informing us and providing feedback on the Forum .. I see the F/A-18C as the replacement for the A-10C as DCS flagship and I really hope that it's Manual will grow to be as complete as the one the A-10C has.

... the videos on your YouTube channel are outstanding, but a lot of us are old-school and love to study a good manual :)

Best wishes

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB