F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

Kev2go

F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)  

671 members have voted

1. 1. F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

• Yes, its a feasible as a potential future module
    • No

Nothing gets ruled out really, its about when they will get sufficient data to legally build a somewhat realistic module.

If Razbam has permission to build an F-15E, then I would never count out a Super Hornet. The only types that might be counted out planes like a Growler because to many of those systems are probably classified and ED so far doesn't build to many modules that are pure guess work.

When did wags ever rule out ED ever considering a Super Hornet module at any point in the future?

Wags mentioned it on the Fighter Pilot Podcast when Jello asked him why they didn't decide to produce a Super Hornet instead. It was much more difficult to find accurate, "fair game" documentation on the Super Hornet compared to the legacy Hornet.

F-18E has TAMMAC, VFM and ALR-67V3. This is too advanced for the basic digital map of F-18C and ALR-67V. It's hard to imagine that there will be a real F-18E in dcs. Because it's far ahead of its rivals.

Legacy Hornets were upgraded with AN/ALR67 V3 . Now whether ED can model intricacies between V and V3 ( or if we as virtual pilots would even tell meaningful difference) is a different matter.

as many other avionics or weapons it can be estimated where documentation is lacking, particularly when it comes to stuff related to ECM, EW and radio encryption in general already is.

It isn't just a Super Hornet thing.

TAMMAC was also put into use with F/A18C/D hornets ( upgraded with lot 12 and up) AFC237. This also goes for av8b Harriers. According to the manual lot 26 + Super Hornets and up get the TAMMAC video map display. Even then approximating TAMMAC isn't a big deal. the new hardware basically just permits an option to display graphical terrain maps as compared to older flat digital moving map.

So no the Super Hornet block 1, or even early block 2 not that more advanced. What truly made it more advanced was the block 2+ ( LOt 30 + Production) and post production uprades to various lot 26- 29 aircraft to bring them up to those block 2+ standard, replacing the AN/APG73 with the AN/APG 79 AESA radar, and eventually adding IRST pod.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 1 month later...

Dang...I’d throw money at a Rhino in DCS...

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

It would be nice but not likely with classified systems and securing a licensing agreement with Boeing makes it something I don't envision in the foreseeable future.

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It would be nice but not likely with classified systems and securing a licensing agreement with Boeing makes it something I don't envision in the foreseeable future.

It's like you didnt read the thread.

All aircraft have some form of classified systems. For some it's enough to guesstimate their functions based on understanding on how they work.

And the super hornet block 1s share alot with late model legacy Hornets w post production features.

It is possibly to secure liscensing with Boeing. Another team from another sim did it years earlier. These liscense agreements are really just because of intellectual property

Just like in virtual shooters, that firearm companies that require liscense to replicate all thier logos and thier exact functions.

Hence why some developers just make a gun that resembles somewhat in likeness to real life counterparts and use a different name to avoid having to pay liscensing fees.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

A Block I Early Lot Super Hornet is Actually LESS Capable than the Legacy Hornet Lot ED is Modelling.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

That's the funny thing about guesstimating functions and by chance landing upon current classified technology. Regardless of the legality of possessing classified information, conducting tactics and systems use that are classified, and such information being shared and talked about in the DCS Community, and without consideration what the US Government can enforce or not, would you really want to give open access to our nation's classified information and reduce the advantage we have against any potential adversaries. Boeing isn't whom I'm interested in supporting, it's my US Military personnel who need this information to remain For Official Use Only, Confidential, Secret, and Top Secret for the preservation of the strategic and tactical advantage. ;^)

Overall, if the systems modeled in DCS for a potential Superhornet can be done without disclosing classified information, systems, or tactics, then I'm all for it!

Edited by =JUICE=

"There are only two types of aircraft, Fighters and Targets." Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Super Hornet isn't much different from its Legacy Hornets. The only stark difference is that it can carry a lot of advanced munitions and fuel tanks too. Its got increased range and more external fuel tank capacity.

The cockpit looks similar aside from some digital features like Touchscreen UFC panel etc...

On performance grounds, its a slight bit lower than the legacy....not by large but still its lower.

I'd rather see ED work on some other fresh aircraft that's different from the Hornet.

Although...an AI asset would be great....

Edited by jojyrocks

A Block I Early Lot Super Hornet is Actually LESS Capable than the Legacy Hornet Lot ED is Modelling.

this informational covers the earliest lots for orientation purposes, not becuase i myself or others SH fans would necessarily prefer the very earliest of Block 1 lots. People can likely reach that conclusion about Lot 21- 22 if they read the op. But that is not really the case for Lot 23 and up.

If you didnt get a hint by this point, i have been pointing at least a Lot 25 for the new LCD DDI displays and White UI. In any case Lot 25 Super's were already in operational service at least by 2004 - going into 2005 with VFA 137. Which is of a comparable time frame of the Legacy Hornet we have in DCS.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

The Super Hornet isn't much different from its Legacy Hornets. The only stark difference is that it can carry a lot of advanced munitions and fuel tanks too. Its got increased range and more external fuel tank capacity.

The cockpit looks similar aside from some digital features like Touchscreen UFC panel etc...

On performance grounds, its a slight bit lower than the legacy....not by large but still its lower.

I'd rather see ED work on some other fresh aircraft that's different from the Hornet.

Although...an AI asset would be great....

Whats was the point FW190 A8 when we already had the FW190 D9? ;)

Cockpit layout looks similar ( near identical), On performance grounds the FW 190 D9 is much better than the A8 , especially more so the higher you go ( not marginally) . A8 only has a bit better ground strike potential. Id rather had ED work on some other Fresh aircraft that was different than FW. :smartass:

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I agree with Kev2go, you can't say they're similar only because of the physical characteristics, cockpit layout, or even that they are both 18s...the Rhino is a totally new aircraft 25% bigger, with 20-years newer capabilities. All I'm saying is that the bouquet of systems we have to marvel at with the Legacy Hornet, Lot 20 pails in comparison to the current, and classified systems and subsystems of today's modern versions of the Super Hornet, Strike Eagle, and beyond...and some of those advancements cross over to legacy models represented in DCS now.:pilotfly:

Edited by =JUICE=

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, you got me there...:):thumbup:

Most WW2 crafts were not that different in between. Its like asking between Spitfire Mk1 and Mk ...any late models.

I cannot relate with WW2 planes coz, I have not bought any WW2 crafts in DCS. I mostly fly WW2 planes in IL2 Sturmovik.

I stick with the JET fighters in DCS. Props in IL2.

I would LOVE to see a Super Hornet. But seeing as each module takes about 2-3 years or so. I was opting to see much FRESHER design, a change. In truth I would love to the Super Hornet...although, I dont see it happening anytime soon coz its the ONLY fully operation jet with the Navy and still in service. We could, however...hope for an AI.

Again, I'd rather see an F-4 Phantom or the F-104. So far, we already have USA present jets which are ongoing like F-15E, F-16 and so on.:pilotfly:

I would love to see the E but from a business and sales standpoint it does not make a lot of sense for ED to create one. It can do retty much what the C can do, has more fuel and can carry more A2G ordnance. A possible AESA radar is also hard to model for DCS.

I would love to see the E but from a business and sales standpoint it does not make a lot of sense for ED to create one. It can do retty much what the C can do, has more fuel and can carry more A2G ordnance. A possible AESA radar is also hard to model for DCS.

note the title also includes "F" ;)

Even though im not some dual seater fanatic, F/A18F is included along with F/A18E , because i also recognize F brings even more to the table than the F/A18E would over an F/A18C. Its. a Dual seat Naval Multi role fighter, but at the same time can still be "single seat" flown. Which means even for myself, I absolutely wouldn't be in any way disappointed with the F.

To further elaborate the frontal cockpit is exactly the same as the single seat variant and thus a F/A18F pilot can still do all the stuff a single seater E can front that front cockpit. The backseater or "WSO" is essentially there just for workload relief, and thus enhancing mission efficiency, and situational awareness.

So in short even a F/A18F could still appeal and fill the needs of the single seater crowd.

Not that i want to compare 2 totally different airframes, but In all honestly even with the F14, how often do you come across a individual willing to "backseat" and a competent one at that. 8/10 times your alone in the F14 with jester. In a F/A18F you can still fully function as if you were a single seater, and on the few occasions someone actually hops with you on MP, you can function as a 2 man crew, for reduced workload and greater efficiency.

Also to note none of the lots suggested here had AESA radars. SH Block 1's Lots 21- 25 , and even SH BLock 2's lot 26 - 29 were still fitted with AN/APG73 phase 2. Varying numbers of lots 26-29 received AN/APG79 AESA radar as post production refit.

Lot 30's were the first Super Hornets to get AESA straight from the factory.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

F model Rhino would be amazing

2080Ti FTW3 Ultra - G.Skill RJ 32GB (16x2) DDR4 3200 - Ryzen 2700X 4.2Ghz OC - Corsair H100i Pro - Samsung 970 EVO M.2 2TB - TMW HOTAS w Delta Sim - F/A-18C grip - 10cm Sahaj - TrackIR 5 Pro - Rift CV1 - MFG CWind - BuddyFox UFC - DSD RK II - Cougar MFDs w/ LCDs - Foxx Mounts - VPC MongoosT-50CM base

- Maps: NTTR, Persian Gulf, Normandy

- Modules: FC3, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C, F-16C, F-86, KA-50, P-51D, WWII assets, and [insert campaign name]

Dreaming of the F-15E / F-14D / Rhino

• 4 weeks later...

Another good reason to desire DCS: Super Hornet?:D

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro