Mozdok campaign mission 10

alboon2000

Hi,

I'm rather new to DCS and I can't complete this mission. I send my wingmen against F18, send the Sweep Su27 as soon as they are ready to proceed, and try to engage any enemy aircraft.

And it often ends the same way : most of my wingmen get killed, my 27ER can't hit anyone, considering I had the chance to avoid incoming missiles before, which happens once in a while when I'm lucky (sometimes I get hit without even knowing a missile was fired, whereas I am still quite far from the F18). And when a missile is fired, I can't spot it nor avoid it (I play using VR).

Any tactic to end this campaign ? Thank you !

How are you doing? Still struggling?

First things first - you mean the last mission? The mission file is named as #9.

Are you playing the original in-game or the patch? Maybe give this one a try:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301745/

I'm not at all the Flanker driver but gave it a try. Indeed all AI ER's miss, my wingmen die in the first engagement, I got one down and was killed soon after.

Usually taking a hit without warning means you got the heater (AIM-9). But keep in ming the RWR has blind spots, especially when banking, so it may not give you any warning even if locked by the AMRAAM in the heat of a battle - Hornets probably use TWS and the waring comes in the last seconds.

It's hard to spot the incoming missile unless you're close enough and looking at the right direction. Always assume the one is coming, so shoot first, crank (if Fox-1) or run away (if Fox-2) and stay safe. Avoiding is whole different topic. Basically notch, go into the ground, hide behind the terrain and drop contermeasures like crazy.

Are you already familiar with this guide?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_jGRnxUhnUSGNLeGNZS0R1aG8/view

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria